Nhs

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Ralph
Forum Admin

Re: Nhs

Post by Ralph »

Zambo wrote:In the US if you are involved in a car accident they won't scrape you off the road until you can show that you can pay for treatment. I read that somewhere but can't think where.

We are pathtic in this country.
The American healthcare system is a beuracratic & incredibly expensive nightmare. Number one cause of bankruptcy in America is healthcare bills. Utter shambles.

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Zambo wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Zambo wrote:There is a whole lot of other stuff hiding behind this 'smokers pay more than they take out' slant. Those who think that they do should do a bit of research.
By a bit of "research" do you mean finding an article that confirms your bias?

The facts are there for all to see, smokers pay in nearly twice as much as they take out of the NHS, that is what this thread is about, if you want to start a thread about the imaginary "loss of productivity" etc then feel free to start one, meanwhile I'd be thanking the smokers for massive contribution to our health system, thanks smokers.
Don't call me bias warmo without any grounds. Are you smoker? I could take a guess. Do you think that because you pay tax on ciggies you are entitled to take up the beds of patients who have become ill through no fault of their own.

I think that people that pay taxes on cigarettes should applauded, not only are they paying for and supplying their beds they're paying for at least one other persons, and that's just through the tax on their cigarettes never mind the normal taxes they pay like everyone else, as an added bonus it's unlikely they'll be draining the pension fund in these hard times, like I said, thanks smokers.
Brilliantly Honest

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

warmleatherette wrote:
Zambo wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Zambo wrote:There is a whole lot of other stuff hiding behind this 'smokers pay more than they take out' slant. Those who think that they do should do a bit of research.

The facts are there for all to see, smokers pay in nearly twice as much as they take out of the NHS, that is what this thread is about, if you want to start a thread about the imaginary "loss of productivity" etc then feel free to start one, meanwhile I'd be thanking the smokers for massive contribution to our health system, thanks smokers.
Don't call me bias warmo without any grounds. Are you smoker? I could take a guess. Do you think that because you pay tax on ciggies you are entitled to take up the beds of patients who have become ill through no fault of their own.

I think that people that pay taxes on cigarettes should applauded, not only are they paying for and supplying their beds they're paying for at least one other persons, and that's just through the tax on their cigarettes never mind the normal taxes they pay like everyone else, as an added bonus it's unlikely they'll be draining the pension fund in these hard times, like I said, thanks smokers.
I can't agree, I think they should be pitied if they still smoke after seeing what it's doing to their insides.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Zambo wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Zambo wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:

I can't agree, I think they should be pitied if they still smoke after seeing what it's doing to their insides.
To quote Rossco, free will and all that, it's their choice and they can't not know the consequences, with the contribution they make to our health service it's almost charitable.
Brilliantly Honest

birdie

Post by birdie »

Zambo wrote:
Ralph wrote:
I got back on his list with one phone call to my GP. Point is, if there was system of fines they'd have been demanding money off me for those missed appointments.
They may have been demanding, but you would not have paid. In the end their records would have been corrected.

There has to be a system whereby people who screw up get penalised, otherwise they will just carry on screwing up.
They're forever screwing up appointments, I have to go every 4-6 weeks depending of how my condition is, I usually go on a Tuesday afternoon and I can guarantee that on Saturday morning I will get a letter telling me that my GP will be informed bout the appointment I have cancelled, that's the appointment I've been to on the Tuesday. The optician referred my husband to opthalmology as 'urgent', that was in March, the nearest appointment he could get was 22nd November, last week he got 2 letters from the NHS, one was to inform him that his GP will be informed that he has cancelled the 22 November appointment and the other was to inform him that the NHS had cancelled his 22 November appointment and has rescheduled it for 22 November. You couldn't make it up, but I think they cancel and rebook appointments if it's gone over the x number of weeks waiting time that the government says a patient should be seen in.
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Zambo wrote:In the US if you are involved in a car accident they won't scrape you off the road until you can show that you can pay for treatment. I read that somewhere but can't think where.

I have been treated in the US after an accident, and although they followed up re payment, there was no interrogation before treating me.

One of the many faults in the US healthcare system is the amount of resource used in billing and running the big insurers like Keyzer Permanente
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

I haven’t assimilated all the above comments but;
I think that most cock-ups in the NHS are down to admin staff.
I have a regular [monthly] prescription with a number of items on it. In the last two years it has only been correct twice. There’s either an item, missed or it’s unsigned. On occasions they’ve lost the whole thing and had to re-do it.
Last week they got it almost correct, but also sent me the prescription for someone else.
Contrast this with my six monthly appointments with the hospital eye clinic. My appointment details are sent by letter well in advance and I get a phone call the week before to check that I am attending. When I changed my last one by phone, the letter with the new appointment arrived next day.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Hillman avenger wrote:

I have been treated in the US after an accident, and although they followed up re payment, there was no interrogation before treating me.

One of the many faults in the US healthcare system is the amount of resource used in billing and running the big insurers like Keyzer Permanente
The problem with the American healthcare system is that for the amount of money the Americans spend on healthcare they have a pretty poor system to show for it. We whinge about the NHS, sometimes for good reason, but we spend about half as much as a % of GDP as the Americans do. We also spend less as % of GDP than most comparable European countries.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Hillman avenger wrote:
paolo wrote:I wonder if the NHS would be better off financially if it cared for brits and recovered all monies owed
Not much.

The systems required to identify bill-and collect- payment from foreigners could well cancel any benefit but simply make A and E departments even more overworked,

The financial problems of the NHS are on a much bigger scale.

And even if you threw billions at it, the problem is resources..and they take time to come through. Brexit will make this worse.
You dispicable, vile old wanker
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Desolation

Post by Desolation »

paolo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
paolo wrote:I wonder if the NHS would be better off financially if it cared for brits and recovered all monies owed
Not much.

The systems required to identify bill-and collect- payment from foreigners could well cancel any benefit but simply make A and E departments even more overworked,

And even if you threw billions at it, the problem is resources..and they take time to come through. Brexit will make this worse.
:lol:
Proud Gammon and imperious Little Englander!

Hillman avenger

paolo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Not much.

Nice.

What an interesting line of argument.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Just make foreigners entering the country pay a small health tax a bit like4 travel insurance
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Hillman avenger

m4 colin wrote:Just make foreigners entering the country pay a small health tax a bit like4 travel insurance
Worth a thought, but probably not feasible with Europeans until we Brexit.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Hillman avenger wrote:
paolo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Not much.

Nice.

What an interesting line of argument.
You fucking toilet
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Hillman avenger

I don't know about others but I must say how much I wait with anticipation for each of your posts.

Will it be abuse?

A recital of prejudice?

Yet another display of your burial in myth and other peoples' fantasies?

A cameo of you buying guns/cars/survival rations?

Another of your very impressive predictions of martial law( how's that going?); revolution; armagedddon; ww3?

Do you ever intened to make any useful contribution here?

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

By leaving the eu we'll have more money to spend on NHS
MJInnocent

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

theleader82 wrote:By leaving the eu we'll have more money to spend on NHS
The government isn't so sure about that.

Hillman avenger

No
Very likely less rather than more.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Hillman avenger wrote:
No
Very likely less rather than more.
Rubbish
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Hillman avenger

Would you like me to explain?

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Hillman avenger wrote:Would you like me to explain?
No

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

:?
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

I GP has sent 3 letters to get my finger fixed he said it needs operated on and all it needs is a splint to straiten it.

The NHS will be bust by 2030 so it's being run into the ground so companies are cherry picking just now.
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Hillman avenger wrote:I don't know about others but I must say how much I wait with anticipation for each of your posts.

Will it be abuse?

A recital of prejudice?

Yet another display of your burial in myth and other peoples' fantasies?

A cameo of you buying guns/cars/survival rations?

Another of your very impressive predictions of martial law( how's that going?); revolution; armagedddon; ww3?

Do you ever intened to make any useful contribution here?
:lol:
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.