airborne carcinogens found at US fracking sites

In-depth debate on all topical issues
carcinogen

airborne carcinogens found at US fracking sites

Post by carcinogen »

I am no activist nor environmentalist, but Fracking is utter madness.
Dangerously high levels of cancer-causing chemicals have been discovered in the air around “fracking” sites in the United States - highlighting the need for tougher regulations to control oil and gas extraction in Britain, scientists said.

Levels of benzene, formaldehyde and hydrogen sulphide were many times above the US’s air pollution limits and were detected within residential areas near to fracking wells drilled across five different states, the researchers said.
http://www.independent.co.uk/environmen ... 26586.html
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

paolo

Re: airborne carcinogens found at US fracking sites

Post by paolo »

but they told me injecting water into the earth at high pressure, polluting the ground water, forcing gas to escape and causing disturbances to the earth and rocks was safe.......

this must be a conspiracy
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Will there be access to poetry at these fracking sites for the workmen to relax with ?
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:Will there be access to poetry at these fracking sites for the workmen to relax with ?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
All eyes and ears...

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

paolo wrote:but they told me injecting water into the earth at high pressure, polluting the ground water, forcing gas to escape and causing disturbances to the earth and rocks was safe.......

this must be a conspiracy
^ This
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Good news they found the Fukashima core (Well some particles anyway) there were some in Norway and Some in Lithuania......How Lucky we am
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

m4 colin wrote:Good news they found the Fukashima core (Well some particles anyway) there were some in Norway and Some in Lithuania......How Lucky we am
I'm sure they will sell it to us ....for a competitive price of course.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

paolo

Post by paolo »

they are refusing to give out the findings from our beaches

i was at tofino and ucluelet earlier in the week, they are refusing to give information out, same regarding the salmon
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

I wouldnt be eating anything out of the sea for a while ..........Ummmmm about 50,000years should do it ..............It might be time to buy a geiger counter There is a strong possibility we are all fucked anyhow The Japs alone have another 50 of these fucking things sat on fault lines............. How in hell has it got to this ?

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

[quote="m4 colin" There is a strong possibility we are all fucked anyhow The Japs alone have another 50 of these fucking things sat on fault lines............. How in hell has it got to this ?[/quote]

There are fears that Japan could possibly do an "Atlantis" and sink underwater in a series of catastophic earthquakes
and tsunamis. The blokes can be cruel gits, but a lot of Japanese girls are very attractive and would miss them a lot.
I would invade North Korea, kick out that little shit that runs the place , and move the Japanese there.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Move the Japanese into a Buffer state between Israel and the Arabs Bound to be great fun for all