Slow Cookers, the way foward!

In-depth debate on all topical issues
carcinogen

Slow Cookers, the way foward!

Post by carcinogen »

Slow-cookers are the way forward. On the back of a terrible Daily Mail article where a single mother bemoaned she could not afford to feed her children, me and the missus decided to invest in a slow cooker. For 20quid you can feed yourself for a week with gorgeous fare. Tonight we have sausage Casserole.

All joking apart, it takes 10mins in the morning to prepare and when you get back from work you're rewarded with comfort-food par excellence!

Here are a couple of quick pics from tonight:

Image Image
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

carcinogen

Re: Slow Cookers, the way foward!

Post by carcinogen »

PS. Horse has a free invite for a good feed.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

carcinogen wrote:Slow-cookers are the way forward. On the back of a terrible Daily Mail article where a single mother bemoaned she could not afford to feed her children, me and the missus decided to invest in a slow cooker. For 20quid you can feed yourself for a week with gorgeous fare. Tonight we have sausage Casserole.

All joking apart, it takes 10mins in the morning to prepare and when you get back from work you're rewarded with comfort-food par excellence!

Image Image
Could you put the brains of some forum members in it, add a good idea or basic logic, then simmer it for weeks in the hope that it would eventually sink in ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

birdie

Post by birdie »

I hope those beans are of the tinned sort, beans, especially red kidney beans, shouldn't be put into a slow cooker without being boiled (and I meand BOILED) for 10 minutes, red kidney beans contain a toxin which, unless boiled for ten minutes makes you very ill, also, unless meat is bought up to temperature before being put into the slow cooker the temperature doesn't reach a high enough point to kill off such things like salmonella in chicken.
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

You've made a bit of a mess there tho carc :)

But in all seriousness, great bits of kit, we use ours during the winter months for stews etc. easy and you know you get a decent portion of veg inside you with minimal effort

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

Post by Glazed Earthenware Horse »

henrycrs wrote:You've made a bit of a mess there tho carc :)

But in all seriousness, great bits of kit, we use ours during the winter months for stews etc. easy and you know you get a decent portion of veg inside you with minimal effort
You mean you eat foods other than curry Henry? :o
Talkforum's Official Crazy Larger than life Character!

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Glazed Earthenware Horse wrote:
henrycrs wrote:You've made a bit of a mess there tho carc :)

You mean you eat foods other than curry Henry? :o
Special occasions, weddings, christmas & Sunday's :)

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

carcinogen wrote:Slow-cookers are the way forward. On the back of a terrible Daily Mail article where a single mother bemoaned she could not afford to feed her children, me and the missus decided to invest in a slow cooker. For 20quid you can feed yourself for a week with gorgeous fare. Tonight we have sausage Casserole.

Image Image
No offence but looks like a bowl of shit
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

The last pic is how I imagine pisstank leaves the Hatfields pan
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

TGOAH 15K wrote:The last pic is how I imagine pisstank leaves the Hatfields pan
:smt044
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

birdie wrote:I hope those beans are of the tinned sort, beans, especially red kidney beans, shouldn't be put into a slow cooker without being boiled (and I meand BOILED) for 10 minutes, red kidney beans contain a toxin which, unless boiled for ten minutes makes you very ill, also, unless meat is bought up to temperature before being put into the slow cooker the temperature doesn't reach a high enough point to kill off such things like salmonella in chicken.
Red kidney beans from a can, ie in brine or similar, are fine to eat without boiling. It's taking them from the dry state and eating without boiling that's dangerous.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

birdie wrote:I hope those beans are of the tinned sort, beans, especially red kidney beans, shouldn't be put into a slow cooker without being boiled (and I meand BOILED) for 10 minutes, red kidney beans contain a toxin which, unless boiled for ten minutes makes you very ill....

Arrghghg..Arrghghgh...Aaarhghghgh....I am dying, I am dying....arghghg....arrrghgh...uH, Oh, Hmmm. No, not dying.

:D Thanks for tip though! hehe.