Labour; Have They Fallen Into A Conservative Trap?

In-depth debate on all topical issues
therealHJ

Labour; Have They Fallen Into A Conservative Trap?

Post by therealHJ »

Have Labour fallen into a Conservative trap?

Watching Harman, Umuna and Miliband this morning they are flapping about like a bird with a broken wing.

None of them agreed that English Laws should be voted on by English MPs and waffled on about regional devolution i.e. breaking up England as an entity.

Miliband accusing Cameron of doing a back of fag packet exercise and being opportunistic yet overlooking that English devolution has been in the Conservative manifesto in the last three elections.

Hattie on Sky News this morning saying the England needs to be looked at and then trying to change the subject to their new minimum wage announcement

Umuna's interview with Brillo was car crash TV

Salmond put the knife into Labour again this morning (an the Tories but we can afford to lose our one MP)

It will be interesting to see how Labour try and get out of this one!

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Labour; Have They Fallen Into A Conservative Trap?

Post by Basualdo »

I dont think Dave is smart enough to plot something like this. If he has planned this then its shows a cunning and ruthlessness the bastard has managed, almost supernaturally, to hide over the past decade.

Its far more likely, if not a racing certainty that any discomfort for Labour is a result of their own infamous incompetence.
Dave's just got lucky, not smart.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

The opinion forming up in Scotland is that Labour are already trying to wriggle out of 'The Pledge'

If they do then they're all but finished in large parts of Scotland. They were on a downward trajectory as it is however this may well see them loose a generation or two of voters.
A joyless arsehole

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

A joyless arsehole

therealHJ

Post by therealHJ »

Powerful front page

I suspect most "Yes" Scots agree that English laws should be voted on by English MPs.

Chuka Umunna said this morning that it would be "bad faith" to exclude Scots voting on English laws. Talk about digging a hole!

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

therealHJ wrote:Powerful front page

I suspect most "Yes" Scots agree that English laws should be voted on by English MPs.

Chuka Umunna said this morning that it would be "bad faith" to exclude Scots voting on English laws. Talk about digging a hole!
I don't see how anyone in the Yes or indeed the No camp can argue otherwise.

Labours reluctance on this is merely an attempt at self preservation and the English public ought to punish them for such self interest at the next General Election.
A joyless arsehole

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

therealHJ wrote:I suspect most "Yes" Scots agree that English laws should be voted on by English MPs.
Many up here, myself included, have been saying for years that only English MPs should be allowed to vote on issues solely affecting England.
As far as I am aware, SNP MPs decided not to vote on English matters at Westminster and haven't done for some years.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

phpBB [video]
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

therealHJ

Post by therealHJ »

It is being reported from the Labour conference that Miliband is proposing an extra "scrutiny" session for English MPs before allowing Scots and Welsh MPs to vote on any bill in its decisive phase

Fucking hell

birdie

Post by birdie »

shabbado wrote:

Labours reluctance on this is merely an attempt at self preservation and the English public ought to punish them for such self interest at the next General Election.
Wouldn't it be more of a punishment if the 41 Labour seats in Scotland went Tory?
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

birdie wrote:
shabbado wrote:

Wouldn't it be more of a punishment if the 41 Labour seats in Scotland went Tory?
There's more chance of Chuka Umunna saying "You alwight? I'm alwight."

lv

Post by lv »

No matter what happens in will be done in the interest of politicians, not politics
"If there's anything more important than my ego around here, I want it caught and shot now."

birdie

Post by birdie »

Shedboy wrote:
birdie wrote:
shabbado wrote:

There's more chance of Chuka Umunna saying "You alwight? I'm alwight."
:) as a politician he's only halfwight.

therealHJ

Post by therealHJ »

birdie wrote:
shabbado wrote:

More likely to go SNP, Salmond has played a blinder

birdie

Post by birdie »

therealHJ wrote:
birdie wrote:
shabbado wrote:

More likely to go SNP, Salmond has played a blinder
True, doesn't really matter either way, just as long as Milibrain gets a bloody nose.

therealHJ

Post by therealHJ »

You have to wonder about Labour's priorities, the big new policy today is public sector monitoring the "social background" of its employees in the same way it monitors race etc so they can "positively" discriminate (except they don't call it that because it is illegal).

Labour should start with its own party and get some working class candidates for MP

finchman

Post by finchman »

Labour don't exist anymore, you just have a bunch of Eton cunts who have moved in and hijacked the Labour name.

Miliband is a colossal CUNT.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

Cameron and his team have done Labour up like a kipper. Once the dust settles Labour will realise this is a situation of their own making. Darling was a complete disaster fronting the No campaign resulting in all the parties having to hotfoot it north and offer the Scots far more than Westminster would have liked or hope for.
However much they try to wriggle and squirm Labour are well and truly hooked and are being slowly reeled in.
So, if there’s something you’d like to try
If there’s something you’d like to try
Ask me, I won't say no, how could I?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

finchman wrote:Miliband is a colossal CUNT.
He's a 'nice' bloke. But like many of our politicians, he is a careerist. I don't mind 10pc of our MPs being from the privileged class, but it's totally ridiculous now. Hardly any of the fuckers have ever done a days work in the public sector. We have a chronic problem. I've totally switched-off to the cunts now. Just focusing on keeping my nose to the grindstone and trying to eek out a living to pay the rent each month.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

birdie

Post by birdie »

finchman wrote:Labour don't exist anymore, you just have a bunch of Eton cunts who have moved in and hijacked the Labour name.

Miliband is a colossal CUNT.
It seems that Milibrain isn't flavour if the month with some of the unions either, at the Labour conference the woman whose director of somethingorother at Unite has said that his pledge to build 200,000 homes (1,000,000 in 5 years) a year could be a con, it seems that the way his pledge was worded means that that is the target up to the end of the parliament, which means that it could be 5, 10, or even nil a year and then 200,000 in the last year.

Surely Ed wouldn't try to mislead, would he?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

carcinogen wrote:
finchman wrote:Miliband is a colossal CUNT.
He's a 'nice' bloke. But like many of our politicians, he is a careerist. I don't mind 10pc of our MPs being from the privileged class, but it's totally ridiculous now. Hardly any of the fuckers have ever done a days work in the public sector. We have a chronic problem. I've totally switched-off to the cunts now. Just focusing on keeping my nose to the grindstone and trying to eek out a living to pay the rent each month.
I agree, though I wouldnt trust him to find his arse with his hands, let alone run the nation, but away from politics he seems an affable enough man.
I cant imagine spending as much as 5minutes with them 2 other cunts, in any context, without wanting to rip their heads off and then shite down their necks. Especially that spunkwaste Clegg.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

therealHJ

Post by therealHJ »

Kate Hoey has said Labour should put up with a short-term disadvantage and do what is right for the country.

She is one of a handful of Labour MPs speaking sense, although reports are that a number of English Labour MPs are in "caucus"

Labour have an opportunity to build a Labour Party which isn't just seen as a party for the bourgeois left and ethnic minorities. Although I suspect they won't

I have a feeling UKIP will make a big dent in Labour's vote at GE2015

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Basualdo wrote:Especially that spunkwaste Clegg.
Blair-lite. Terrible man. Worthless. A nice father, perhaps. A good husband, perhaps. Clegg: Banality evil.

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Cameron, clegg and miliband
Are all working together hand in hand
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

therealHJ

Post by therealHJ »

He is such a plonker, look at this photo taken today at the Labour conference