Kate McCann contemplated suicide

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Lord Notin Kwestion

Kate McCann contemplated suicide

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

thebestrc

Re: Kate McCann contemplated suicide

Post by thebestrc »

Has she got a new book out sometime soon? Just curious.
I know that I am stupid but when I look around I gain courage.
May 13th - Heenan Day
April 30th - Lasharoo's Hitlist Enemy #2 December 19th - Redemption

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Still acting I see.
'I say if the flats aren't good enough for you, why don't you f... off back to Somalia' .........Jon Gaunt

NorthBank

Post by NorthBank »

Considering they have been the victim of an apparent tragedy, the McCanns seem to be among the most disliked people in the UK public eye. Why do you think they don't get the amount of sympathy many others in a similar situation would?

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:Still acting I see.
Innit
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

NorthBank wrote:Considering they have been the victim of an apparent tragedy, the McCanns seem to be among the most disliked people in the UK public eye. Why do you think they don't get the amount of sympathy many others in a similar situation would?
Leaving aside any hand they may or may not have in this tragedy, at the very least they have never admitted the part their gross negligence played in letting it happen.
Also they do seem to have an inordinate amount of friends in high places, a couple from a less affluent background in exactly the same circumstances would have been excoriated by the media.

And the perception is that after the event they seemed more concerned with covering their arses than finding their child.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

NorthBank

Post by NorthBank »

Basualdo wrote:
NorthBank wrote:Considering they have been the victim of an apparent tragedy, the McCanns seem to be among the most disliked people in the UK public eye. Why do you think they don't get the amount of sympathy many others in a similar situation would?
Leaving aside any hand they may or may not have in this tragedy, at the very least they have never admitted the part their gross negligence played in letting it happen.
Also they do seem to have an inordinate amount of friends in high places, a couple from a less affluent background in exactly the same circumstances would have been excoriated by the media.

And the perception is that after the event they seemed more concerned with covering their arses than finding their child.
I'd consider them all very fair points. I wonder if they are aware these public perceptions exist?

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

Post by Glazed Earthenware Horse »

Despicable couple who have financially gained from their loss.
Talkforum's Official Crazy Larger than life Character!

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

They are disliked because they have triggered the (summatt ooky ere) part of the sixth sense that everyone has but most overrule
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Absie

Post by Absie »

If they were from poorer backgrounds, they would have been called bad parents for leaving their kids like they did to socialize

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Rantan wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

Plus no one in the UK press seemed to want to question the McCanns story at the time. In any other case like this the parents would have been on the top of the suspect list, and yet the press here seems to ignore that.

Quite.
So after all this time, no arrest or charges. No doubt some on here would claim very contorted cover-up reasons for that; or else, they didn't actually do it?
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Well at least the Police got to go on several all expenses paid holidays in Portugal every time a rumour cropped up that a blind man on a galloping horse might have seen someone who might have looked mike Maddie the night he drank twelve pints.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Over at Digispy, they were well known for sending their charity funded solicitors in to stop any threads appearing.

ovechkin8

Post by ovechkin8 »

I do not dislike them and only have the greatest sympathy for them in losing their child. Indeed anyone that does.
'I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses.' Johannes Kepler

Narraback

Post by Narraback »

ovechkin8 wrote:I do not dislike them and only have the greatest sympathy for them in losing their child. Indeed anyone that does.
I consider myself to by quite a sympathetic person, but I do struggle with these two. I don't know why, but maybe it's the fact they were complicit in Maddies disappearance, they come across as very cold (especially Kate in those early interviews), and they seemed to be more interested in going to church to pray, than speaking to the Portuguese Police. Maybe it's also the fact they are probably the most litigious couple in Britain, so watch what you type guys :wink:
Sunderland AFC - Barclays Asia Trophy Finalists 2013

birdie

Post by birdie »

Wasn't it reported that Gerry McCann played tennis on the day after his daughter disappeared? Seems rather a strange thing to do, even if the tennis lesson had been booked days before, anyone could be forgiven for thinking that, in the circumstances, he would have cancelled.

It's been several years now, but they still haven't given up, if they had been complicit in her abduction wouldn't they have given up the charade by now?
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Narraback

Post by Narraback »

birdie wrote:Wasn't it reported that Gerry McCann played tennis on the day after his daughter disappeared? Seems rather a strange thing to do, even if the tennis lesson had been booked days before, anyone could be forgiven for thinking that, in the circumstances, he would have cancelled.

It's been several years now, but they still haven't given up, if they had been complicit in her abduction wouldn't they have given up the charade by now?
When I say complicit, I was referring to the fact they left their kids unattended in the hotel room, not that they helped arrange the alleged abduction *

* Just in case their lawyers do read forums like this.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Narraback wrote:
birdie wrote:Wasn't it reported that Gerry McCann played tennis on the day after his daughter disappeared? Seems rather a strange thing to do, even if the tennis lesson had been booked days before, anyone could be forgiven for thinking that, in the circumstances, he would have cancelled.

When I say complicit, I was referring to the fact they left their kids unattended in the hotel room, not that they helped arrange the alleged abduction *

My apologies, I misunderstood, I know that quite a few thought that they had given the kids something to make them sleep whilst they were out carousing and the theory was that they had, it is alleged, overdosed the oldest and disposed of her when they found her dead.
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

birdie wrote:
Narraback wrote:

My apologies, I misunderstood, I know that quite a few thought that they had given the kids something to make them sleep whilst they were out carousing and the theory was that they had, it is alleged, overdosed the oldest and disposed of her when they found her dead.
We've got the regular re-emergence of this story happening at the same time as the purely co-incidental resurgence in Diana conspiracy theories at the release of a major new critically savaged film about her.
If we get get a slight downturn in temperatures during the next week or so, then the inevitable 'Article Blast!' headlines may cause the Daily Express to self combust.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Inverted snobbery, and also a chance for people to feel self righteous - people love that.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Narraback wrote: they come across as very cold (especially Kate in those early interviews),

There is no rule book on how you are supposed to deal with that situation, perhaps the woman was "cold" because she was in shock.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

Nowt to do with snobbery or self righteousness in my book Colin. Everything to do with me have grave suspicions about their version of events and the fact that they have financially gained.

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

Nowt to do with snobbery or self righteousness in my book Colin. Everything to do with me having grave suspicions about their version of events and the fact that they have financially gained.

Narraback

Post by Narraback »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
Narraback wrote: they come across as very cold (especially Kate in those early interviews),

There is no rule book on how you are supposed to deal with that situation, perhaps the woman was "cold" because she was in shock.
You could well be right, but her demeanor in those first few days was unusual, and that image has stayed with me.

NorthBank

Post by NorthBank »

Glazed Earthenware Horse wrote:Nowt to do with snobbery or self righteousness in my book Colin. Everything to do with me have grave suspicions about their version of events and the fact that they have financially gained.
It's also a little strange how incredibly well connected they are to high places. I thought they were just GPs but they seem to have a higher standing than that with some establishment figures. Lots of couples have children go missing. It seems these two have a higher reach with authority than most couples.