The rise of UKIP - part 3

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Re: The rise of UKIP - part 3

Post by Steve Hunt »

Roy Twing wrote: If Farage doesn't decide to continue indefinitely as leader, it is the end I think.
He won't continue & it is the end, Roy.

They have self destructed. In fact, this thread should be renamed "The Fall of UKIP",
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

subsub

Post by subsub »

Roy Twing wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:If Farage doesn't decide to continue indefinitely as leader, it is the end I think
Good, and not before time.
Horrible little racist party.
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:If Farage doesn't decide to continue indefinitely as leader, it is the end I think
Good, and not before time.
Horrible little racist party.
Are you suggesting that all the people who have voted UKIP are racist, including me - Sub?

ENIC OUT

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

to be fair to subsub, he was referring directly to the party itself.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Have UKIP amalgamated with the BNP or absorbed the BNP?

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

The Tick wrote:to be fair to subsub, he was referring directly to the party itself.
An argument could easily be made that the current Labour Party is far more racist than UKIP, Tick.

ENIC OUT

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Steve Hunt wrote:
The Tick wrote:to be fair to subsub, he was referring directly to the party itself.
An argument could easily be made that the current Labour Party is far more racist than UKIP, Tick.
I agree in at least that for a lot of Labour supporters being pro-arab requires you to be anti=semitic.

But how you would know in general I don't know.

From my limited acquaintance with UKIP in numbers, I would say the people I have met to be markedly racist and xenophobic- and that was even in a place where there is little immigrant community. It is emphasised because they have such a limited agenda with immigration and multiculturalism at the top.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

There was a approach before the 2009 euro elections from the BNP to UKIP, and the BNP wanted a deal where both parties won't stand against each other in certain seats. Heard that in a interview Paul Nuttall and Matt Forde.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
I agree in at least that for a lot of Labour supporters being pro-arab requires you to be anti=semitic.
Indeed:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 4163,d.bGs

ENIC OUT

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Hillman avenger wrote:
From my limited acquaintance with UKIP in numbers, I would say the people I have met to be markedly racist and xenophobic.

Are you saying that these people are exclusively supporters of UKIP?

Are you saying that the Labour Party (particularly in traditional working class areas) & the Tory Party does not have supporters with a similar mindset?

ENIC OUT

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

ccreds wrote:There was a approach before the 2009 euro elections from the BNP to UKIP, and the BNP wanted a deal where both parties won't stand against each other in certain seats. Heard that in a interview Paul Nuttall and Matt Forde.

If you have been a member of the BNP (or, before that, the National Front), you are not allowed to join UKIP.

It is in UKIP's constitution, ccreds

ENIC OUT

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Indeed:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 4163,d.bGs
That doesn't make Labour a racist party. They are no more in control of their voters than UKIP are of theirs, going by your argument.

UKIP members and senior figures are on record for expressing racist/xenophobic sentiment.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

How the Labour party pretends to be a non racist organisation is another mystery to me. Every race related riot known to man has been in a Labour stronghold and working class estates up and down the country are the ones flying the kind of flags Emily Thornbury disapproves of. An amazing piece of spin.

But as far as UKIP is concerned I fear Steve has called it exactly right. We can only hope Teresa May is as appealing to the sensible electorate as the polls claim or we're back to tribal voting which could see Corbyn in power with his hard left cabinet of traitors.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

The Tick wrote:[

That doesn't make Labour a racist party. They are no more in control of their voters than UKIP are of theirs.
Exactly the point I was trying (clearly badly!) to make.

ENIC OUT

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Steve Hunt wrote:

That doesn't make Labour a racist party. They are no more in control of their voters than UKIP are of theirs.
The difference is that UKIP party members have been racist. Nothing of the sort has happened with Labour members.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
From my limited acquaintance with UKIP in numbers, I would say the people I have met to be markedly racist and xenophobic.

Are you saying that the Labour Party (particularly in traditional working class areas) & the Tory Party does not have supporters with a similar mindset?
Of course I didn't interview them one to one but considering it was a General Election the whole two hours of so was based on stirring up frustrations- for example,the NHS- and then connecting them to "open borders". As narrow as that. Or else, or simultaneously, it was Brussel's fault -even energy charges.
That was with Nuttall and Hamilton.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

m4rkb wrote:How the Labour party pretends to be a non racist organisation is another mystery to me. Every race related riot known to man has been in a Labour stronghold and working class estates up and down the country are the ones flying the kind of flags Emily Thornbury disapproves of. An amazing piece of spin.

But as far as UKIP is concerned I fear Steve has called it exactly right. We can only hope Teresa May is as appealing to the sensible electorate as the polls claim or we're back to tribal voting which could see Corbyn in power with his hard left cabinet of traitors.
Labour strongholds are poor areas, where immigrants congregate due to lack of choice. That isn't Labour's fault, and it doesn't make them racist.

tory areas are mainly mono-racial and/or affluent, hence the lack of race riots there.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

The Tick wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

The difference is that UKIP party members have been racist. Nothing of the sort has happened with Labour members.
You are utterly deluded as always Tick. Try the shadow Home Secretary for instance. Try yourself for instance.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

You are utterly deluded as always Tick. Try the shadow Home Secretary for instance. Try yourself for instance.
Any evidence on when either her or I have expressed racist sentiment?

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

The Tick wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Well, one Mr Ken Livingstone has certainly been publicly anti-semitic on at least one occasion.

ENIC OUT

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:

Of course I didn't interview them one to one but considering it was a General Election the whole two hours of so was based on stirring up frustrations- for example,the NHS- and then connecting them to "open borders". As narrow as that. Or else, or simultaneously, it was Brussel's fault -even energy charges.
That was with Nuttall and Hamilton.
And you don't entertain the fact that traditional working class Labour supporters might not share similar sentiments?

ENIC OUT

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Steve Hunt wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Well, one Mr Ken Livingstone has certainly been publicly anti-semitic on at least one occasion.
What did he say?

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Any evidence on when either her or I have expressed racist sentiment?
You "Brits are lazy" comment for instance. Plus your constant anti-British postings. You have as much prejudice, if not more than anyone else.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

That's "it"?

Criticising my country's institutions (or the way it works) isn't a racist thing at all.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Well if I said black people are lazy, would you consider that acceptable?

That as well as your denial of anti-semitism in the Labour party, when it's clear for anyone on the outside (and many of those on the inside).

Add in all the anti-British postings as well and it creates a picture of someone as guilty of prejudice, as those you accuse.

Personally, I understand that everyone has prejudices. What I don't accept is that some are deemed as acceptable while others are not.