Xmas Lunch / Dinner Menu's

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
carcinogen

Xmas Lunch / Dinner Menu's

Post by carcinogen »

Ok cunts, first Xmas lunch of the year. Here's the fuckin' menu. You'll love this you cunts. Sainsbury's centre for visual arts at the UEA (Ask Carlos, he'll fill you in). It'll be full of la-de-da higher education boffins, but don't worry, I plan to lower the tone with some Polish Special Brew stashed away...

I think I went for the pate and cod. Who fucking knows. Post your Festive MENUS!

Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Xmas Lunch / Dinner Menu's

Post by Carlos J »

La-de-da higher education boffins indeed, carc. £21 not bad. Mine was Stower Grange (same as last two years, not bad) or a Gatsby's night at Delia's, Carrow Road.

Unsociably fucked both off as luckily away.

Now the best offy in Norwich has closed, Dereham Road, the other low brand one by the co-op has a fine selection of Polish beers and I think your spesh. Need to investigate and have a home experiment. Maybe Boxing day. :) :drinkers:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Carc - £22.00 is a fucking bargain.

You'd pay at least £50.00 per head where I live.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

paolo

Post by paolo »

put me right in the mood, i'm off for xmas dinner tomorrow, but cooking standards are a shite sight lower in canada west coast than in blighty
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

paolo wrote:put me right in the mood, i'm off for xmas dinner tomorrow, but cooking standards are a shite sight lower in canada west coast than in blighty
Traditional Roast Sasquatch and moose pies?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Basualdo wrote:
paolo wrote:put me right in the mood, i'm off for xmas dinner tomorrow, but cooking standards are a shite sight lower in canada west coast than in blighty
Traditional hairy pie would go down well

Got Shrimps today

YouTube just blew my old speakers

Crossovers I think

Gutted
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Time to double down and clean up p

Sell off the old junk or donate

Go bluetooth minirig

Stay tactical and lightweight

All weather ninja

First blood, hope, pine tree, slys nuts
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

paolo

Post by paolo »

and there's more
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

paolo wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
Traditional hairy pie would go down well

Got Shrimps today

YouTube just blew my old speakers

Crossovers I think

Gutted
Better than crabs.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Best Christmas I ever had was getting lashed in Moseley, Brum on Christmas eve; live music till about 5 Christmas day, and then the short hop down Ladypool Road for a traditional Christmas morning vindaloo with my pals.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Just to report. Lovely meal. Very lacking in Xmas atmosphere tho. Norwich Town Centre was a FUCKING DISGRACE too. I have no idea where the council have pissed their money away (I'm guessing on the wages of the councillors), but the town centre was about as festive as Aleppo. Fucking disGRACE.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Did you flop out the button mush and invite comparisons/humiliation My Carc?
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Ah no, rather well-endowed in that department, yet shy and generally aloof to the female form. Isn't that the irony. If it twas the other way around I'd be presenting GMTV (or whatever the fucking morning TV show is). OR even Drive on TS.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

carcinogen wrote:Just to report. Lovely meal. Very lacking in Xmas atmosphere tho. Norwich Town Centre was a FUCKING DISGRACE too. I have no idea where the council have pissed their money away (I'm guessing on the wages of the councillors), but the town centre was about as festive as Aleppo. Fucking disGRACE.
The 'Tunnel of Lights' is ok by the forum.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Do you go to the pub on Christmas Eve, mo charcaidh? Or is that just a Jock thing?

Anyhoos, have a good un', and keep on writing - get that book out and self-publish it.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Know you are asking Carc, Kev but hey. Used to go to the pub Christmas Eve. Meet up old mates, night on the lash and try to do the silent sneak upstairs at mamas in the early hours. Then awake at stupid o'clock rough as fuck for a day of false bonhomie and back on the ale early.

But now, circumstances and that and few want to go out. Family and responsibilities and shite like that. Sometimes still go for a quick lunchtime one or two on Christmas Day recalling days of good womenfolk in the kitchen, which is nice.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Apologies, Carlos, mo charaid cuideachead. All welcome in this 'ere Tavern. :)

Are you heading out this Christmas Eve, Carlos?

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Carlos J wrote:
But now, circumstances and that and few want to go out. Family and responsibilities and shite like that. Sometimes still go for a quick lunchtime one or two on Christmas Day recalling days of good womenfolk in the kitchen, which is nice.
Remarkably similar to Porky Parry - who I know you love. :D

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Indeed, Kevin. :) :drinkers:

Done all my family stuff over the weekend, Kevin. A local run around in Partridgeland and sunny Suffolk on Christmas Eve giving last presents out and a few drinks, nay driving, but no night out.Volunteered to work Christmas Day this year, don't mind it, pretty chilled and a dinner. :) And better long days off later.

Enjoy your festivities, Kevin. One day, some day, there will be a Eurovision. 8)

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Top man, Carlos!

Good to hear, and sounds a nice time. I'm off until the 30th then working until the 2nd, a couple of 12 hr shifts, but should be fine enough and 12-12 should mean I'll be able to get a few drinks on Hogmanay.

Heading in to Dundee tomorrow to meet an old pal and hopefully finish the Christmas shopping followed by a game of squash at night, Friday is similar meeting a pal who runs a pub with the aim of buying the last of Christmas errands and a few liquid lunches hopefully :drinkers: - no running or squash planned for Friday, but who knows. :D I'm like the budget version of Sinbad minus the G.O.G'ing

P.S How is your running going? Good to hear you keeping it up after your 10k.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Sláinte Kevin and sounds good times. Like I wish still doing and enjoy Hogmany?

And no, nay, never are you a budget Sinbad. A class above with the greatest respect to Sinbad.

Retired again from running, did the 10k easily enough. Lass at work bought my treadmill ridiculously cheap. Did it, but can't risk the pinned ankle any more. Back to my older love cycling. Meandering the Norfolk lanes and finding more 'Deliverance' country is good fun. :)

Best to you for 2017 and roll on Ukraine in May. 8)

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

You are probably on to something giving up the running. I'm trying to cut down to 3x a week, and I probably should take up cycling instead as when we're in our 50s you'll still be going and I'll be in a wheelchair, all the running signs point to buggered knees and at least Brendan Foster has a medal, I'll have nothing but runkeeper ''7 minute, 5 mile runs'' as evidence. ;)

I'm trying to fix it up a bit. Trying to limit the runs to 2/3x a week, and go for a walk or lift dumbells on the opposite days. Also love a boxing work out if not a big fan of the sport - done a HIIT, 4x1 min rounds of shadow boxing and absolutely knackering. Certainly an art to boxing.

Ukraine 2017 probably not for me, but one day, hope you have a good festive time.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Ha. Didn't mean a Ukraine meet up this year, no way Ukraine. As always, mon the western Europe bar Scandinavia. Too expensive. :(

Interesting about your running bit you are right, being able to run long when old and fucked knees ain't no fun.

Cycling good? Swimming probably better but don't do swimming.

As for boxing training, know it is popular now in gyms and don't know routines of it. But, yes, shadow boxing and all training is fucking hard. Especially if no technique and wasting energy. Fighting is even harder. Most definitely an art and the sweet science. Hence why love it since school boxing club.

Bacon and sausage sandwiches at near 6am ain't great, but hey it's Christmas. :)

Fighting fitness for 2017, Kevin.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

[quote="Carlos J"]Ha. Didn't mean a Ukraine meet up this year, no way Ukraine. As always, mon the western Europe bar Scandinavia. Too expensive. :(

Interesting about your running bit you are right, being able to run long when old and fucked knees ain't no fun.

Cycling good? Swimming probably better but don't do swimming.

As for boxing training, know it is popular now in gyms and don't know routines of it. But, yes, shadow boxing and all training is fucking hard. Especially if no technique and wasting energy. Fighting is even harder. Most definitely an art and the sweet science. Hence why love it since school boxing club.

Bacon and sausage sandwiches at near 6am ain't great, but hey it's Christmas. :)

Fighting fitness for 2017, Kevin. :) Possibly Ride London for me: https://www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk/

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Carlos J wrote: Possibly Ride London for me: https://www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk/
Carlos - considering that this is run by the same people who organise the London Marathon, this ride is not particularly well organised. In fact, it is a bit of a shambles.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/