Craft beers

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Craft beers

Post by Carlos J »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Lou Grant wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:Wetherspoons actually does more for craft brewers than the random craft beer pub or pop=up.
It generally keeps and serves the beer poorly and has the added disadvantage that you would be stuck in a Wetherspoons drinking it.
Not where I live. They do it well.
Same as their keeping beer, Wetherspoons vary in quality and that is their thing. Glasshouse in Norwich is a decent pub and does good beer. The Bell in the city centre is more typical Spoons with its varied clientele but I like it. Like less but equally fun is the Troll Cart in shitehole Yarmouth, especially in summer.

When staying in London Bridge in that err London, always wander down Borough High Street to The Rockingham Arms at Elephant & Castle for a breakfast and occasional early pint. A most interesting pub.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

antdad wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:Wetherspoons actually does more for craft brewers than the random craft beer pub or pop=up.

The nearest one to me always has at least 6 craft beers on draught. Most of them are lovely. The only problem is that if you have one you like it will probably have been replaced in a few days.

As for Coors, I have been on a tour of their brewery in Golden, Colorado. That is the original Coors, not the imitation sold here. At the obligatory tasting at the end, there was not one- not even their "premium" I would have paid for. Tasteless.

That's why real beer is having a renaissance in the US. There are some fine brewers there now, like Samuel Adams and Shipyard.

What makes me laugh is people who insist on Budweiser here- again a UK=produced imitation. The original is usually on discount in US stores because the beer-buying public is moving away from bland.
Brewdog are building a brewery right now in the States, shares are available, if I had money that's where it would be going... Shares, not the beer, what I have already goes on that :-)
Why? The U.S already has tonnes of producers that make over-hopped and over-citrused beer with "attitude".
Are they so successful they're building brewery's over here?
Brilliantly Honest

antdad

Post by antdad »

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

A 443% return over 5 years sounds ok to me :-)
Brilliantly Honest

antdad

Post by antdad »

...if you got in early. ;)