Craft beers

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
theleader82

Craft beers

Post by theleader82 »

What's all this nonsense about craft beer? People paying over the odds for a small bottled beer with a funny name. I'd rather have a coors light or magners with ice, something nice and refreshing. We seem to just copy the latest trends from America .
MJInnocent

Reg

Re: Craft beers

Post by Reg »

I would rather have a light and bitter, but most pubs don't stock light ale any more.

There's a craft pop-up near a pub where I drink, and it's not bad at all actually.

In fact it's cheaper than the pub.

People who run it are OK too, surprisingly.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

theleader82 wrote:What's all this nonsense about craft beer? People paying over the odds for a small bottled beer with a funny name. I'd rather have a coors light or magners with ice, something nice and refreshing. We seem to just copy the latest trends from America .

'I say if the flats aren't good enough for you, why don't you f... off back to Somalia' .........Jon Gaunt

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

The pub down the road from me brews its own beer - the people that run the pub are great, it's a great local community pub and they stock other craft beers by reciprocal arrangement. I see nothing odd about enjoying well crafted products that taste good and are served properly. And why not enjoy a range of different beers and different flavours.

If you want to drink the same cheap shite day after day there are plenty of weatherspoon pubs out there for people to enjoy.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

SWL-DXER

Post by SWL-DXER »

theleader82 wrote:What's all this nonsense about craft beer? People paying over the odds for a small bottled beer with a funny name. I'd rather have a coors light or magners with ice, something nice and refreshing. We seem to just copy the latest trends from America .
I make my own for £0.20 a pint. Much tastier and fresher than any bottled beer.

The Iron Man of talkFORUM

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

I like the ambience of that bar dexo. Cycle friendly too.
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

antdad

Post by antdad »

Oh boy, Coors Light or Magners with ice.

Where do you think relatively tasteless light beer and killing a drink and increasing profits by drowning it in ice originates from?

No longer the Bridesmaid

Wigan?

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

It's great hobby, best I've ever had.
Brilliantly Honest

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Like drinking coors. :D

No longer the Bridesmaid

Just a heads-up ya'll - Leader sure indeedy does head up the err leader-board of trollery up in back of this here bailiwick

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Craft beer is alright.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I like wheat beer best, hooegarden or leffe. Mm. I only drink to get drunk so I think the whole craft beer concept is a bit silly.
MJInnocent

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

theleader82 wrote:I only drink to get drunk so I think the whole craft beer concept is a bit silly.
I only eat doughnuts and mcdonalds, so I think the whole restaurant concept is a bit silly.
I only read The Sun, so I think the whole broadsheet newspaper concept is a bit silly.
I can't read, so I think the whole book concept is a bit silly.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Lou Grant wrote:I only eat doughnuts and mcdonalds, so I think the whole restaurant concept is a bit silly.
I only read The Sun, so I think the whole broadsheet newspaper concept is a bit silly.
I can't read, so I think the whole book concept is a bit silly.
You are Lasharoo and I claim my £5.
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

SWL-DXER

Post by SWL-DXER »

theleader82 wrote:I like wheat beer best, hooegarden or leffe. Mm. I only drink to get drunk so I think the whole craft beer concept is a bit silly.
Since Leffe is clear, it can't be a wheat beer.
The Iron Man of talkFORUM

No longer the Bridesmaid

SWL-DXER wrote:
theleader82 wrote:I like wheat beer best, hooegarden or leffe. Mm. I only drink to get drunk so I think the whole craft beer concept is a bit silly.
Since Leffe is clear, it can't be a wheat beer.
PWN3D

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Wetherspoons actually does more for craft brewers than the random craft beer pub or pop=up.

The nearest one to me always has at least 6 craft beers on draught. Most of them are lovely. The only problem is that if you have one you like it will probably have been replaced in a few days.

As for Coors, I have been on a tour of their brewery in Golden, Colorado. That is the original Coors, not the imitation sold here. At the obligatory tasting at the end, there was not one- not even their "premium" I would have paid for. Tasteless.

That's why real beer is having a renaissance in the US. There are some fine brewers there now, like Samuel Adams and Shipyard.

What makes me laugh is people who insist on Budweiser here- again a UK=produced imitation. The original is usually on discount in US stores because the beer-buying public is moving away from bland.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

warmleatherette

Hillman avenger wrote:Wetherspoons actually does more for craft brewers than the random craft beer pub or pop=up.

The nearest one to me always has at least 6 craft beers on draught. Most of them are lovely. The only problem is that if you have one you like it will probably have been replaced in a few days.

As for Coors, I have been on a tour of their brewery in Golden, Colorado. That is the original Coors, not the imitation sold here. At the obligatory tasting at the end, there was not one- not even their "premium" I would have paid for. Tasteless.

That's why real beer is having a renaissance in the US. There are some fine brewers there now, like Samuel Adams and Shipyard.

What makes me laugh is people who insist on Budweiser here- again a UK=produced imitation. The original is usually on discount in US stores because the beer-buying public is moving away from bland.
Brewdog are building a brewery right now in the States, shares are available, if I had money that's where it would be going... Shares, not the beer, what I have already goes on that :-)
Brilliantly Honest

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Hillman avenger wrote:Wetherspoons actually does more for craft brewers than the random craft beer pub or pop=up.
It generally keeps and serves the beer poorly and has the added disadvantage that you would be stuck in a Wetherspoons drinking it.

Heady

Post by Heady »

Abbot do a longer brewed stronger pint!

warmleatherette

Lou Grant wrote:
It generally keeps and serves the beer poorly and has the added disadvantage that you would be stuck in a Wetherspoons drinking it.
Their "Craft" beer normally comes in bottles, you may have a point on the ales though generally my local one is pretty good.
Brilliantly Honest

No longer the Bridesmaid

My spoons has easto as manager slash landlord and he put in sparklers so happy fucken daze. Special needs disco tonite.

antdad

Post by antdad »

warmleatherette wrote:

Brewdog are building a brewery right now in the States, shares are available, if I had money that's where it would be going... Shares, not the beer, what I have already goes on that :-)
Why? The U.S already has tonnes of producers that make over-hopped and over-citrused beer with "attitude".

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Lou Grant wrote:
Not where I live. They do it well.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you