trading forex

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
beingsoblase

trading forex

Post by beingsoblase »

Got myself one of those practice accounts a couple of weeks ago, didn't do to bad, for a week, I was wondering if anyone else here is up to this?
I want to learn as much as I can, before I start for real, with my aim being to at least make some cash (obviously!) but maybe in the future pack up real work and earn money by pissing about on my computer all day!
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

blues4ever

Re: trading forex

Post by blues4ever »

beingsoblase wrote:Got myself one of those practice accounts a couple of weeks ago, didn't do to bad, for a week, I was wondering if anyone else here is up to this?
I want to learn as much as I can, before I start for real, with my aim being to at least make some cash (obviously!) but maybe in the future pack up real work and earn money by pissing about on my computer all day!

Lol, don't do it Being

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I remember you posting some while ago about a colleague of yours in the City who was a day trader and managed to get shit loads of dough, Blues. I guess you have to know how far you can go and you could be putting your livelihood and reputation on the line. Not for everyone.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

blues4ever

Post by blues4ever »

kancutlawns wrote:I remember you posting some while ago about a colleague of yours in the City who was a day trader and managed to get shit loads of dough, Blues. I guess you have to know how far you can go and you could be putting your livelihood and reputation on the line. Not for everyone.

Lawnsey, a few people on here know my real name including you !, I worked in Banks from when I was 18 to nearly 40.From my early 20's I worked in Forex starting at Barclays then Schroders and finally at a major Jap bank. I traded spot $/Yen , I 'ran' the 'Books' at both Schroders and the London office of the Japanese bank.

How are the twins ?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

That's right Blues.

Twins are fine. They've got their fourth birthday party this afternoon. Got a number of mates and their kids coming round. Busy day. :)

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I'm sure I recall ol' Pet and Colin the Warrior Monkey mentioning being amateur traders before.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

blues4ever

Post by blues4ever »

Carlos J wrote:I'm sure I recall ol' Pet and Colin the Warrior Monkey mentioning being amateur traders before.
I remember have a chat with Pet, the problem is you don't see the flows, it's a trillion dollar market, I dabble now and again as an ex professional.

how are you Carlos ? my daughter has left Norwich and now firmly entrenched In North London but home this weekend for family talks.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Lash manages my money these days
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

blues4ever wrote:
Carlos J wrote:I'm sure I recall ol' Pet and Colin the Warrior Monkey mentioning being amateur traders before.
I remember have a chat with Pet, the problem is you don't see the flows, it's a trillion dollar market, I dabble now and again as an ex professional.

how are you Carlos ? my daughter has left Norwich and now firmly entrenched In North London but home this weekend for family talks.
Good on her, blues. I'm fine and dandy as always, working hard at the moment, but some R&R soon. Hope all chilled for you now?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

blues4ever

Post by blues4ever »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Lash manages my money these days
Lol, good we will buy Pogba with your riches Ghostie, though I thought you were tied to Reg Inc ?

No longer the Bridesmaid

I lost over four million with Holmesdale Industries but Reg and I remain friends, in fact he may be acting as my SuperAgent soon. Watch this space for further announcements Blues-o.

blues4ever

Post by blues4ever »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:I lost over four million with Holmesdale Industries but Reg and I remain friends, in fact he may be acting as my SuperAgent soon. Watch this space for further announcements Blues-o.
Well, I'm sure he is negotiating on your behalf as we speak, but please keep in mind the LashBlue Guaranteed Fund.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Oh yes Blues as I said to Sir Shabbles in Ladbrokes just t'other day, when I lump on I lump long and I always lump long with Lash don't worry about that!

blues4ever

Post by blues4ever »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Oh yes Blues as I said to Sir Shabbles in Ladbrokes just t'other day, when I lump on I lump long and I always lump long with Lash don't worry about that!
Lol, well lump on well and dont forget to double up !

blues4ever

Post by blues4ever »

Let's not derail this thread anymore.

BeingSo, what are your objectives ?

Reg

Post by Reg »

WTF??!!
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

blues4ever

Post by blues4ever »

Reg wrote:
WTF??!!
All TGOAH monies are now under the authority of LashBluesCFCfund.

Reg

Post by Reg »

blues4ever wrote:
Reg wrote:
WTF??!!
I think Lash will find things are not quite as they seem.

My people are dealing with this.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Reg wrote:
blues4ever wrote:
Reg wrote:
WTF??!!
I think Lash will find things are not quite as they seem.

My people are dealing with this.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

8)
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

blues4ever wrote:Let's not derail this thread anymore.

My ultimate objective is to make some money, right now I'm trying to learn my way around the charts, and make predictions based on what I think I know, as i'm only practising, my interest is if I call it right, how much (virtual) profit or loss happens doesn't matter to me at this stage, just can I learn to make the right calls?
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

No longer the Bridesmaid

Have you got brass balls beingso-o?

blues4ever

Post by blues4ever »

beingsoblase wrote:

My ultimate objective is to make some money, right now I'm trying to learn my way around the charts, and make predictions based on what I think I know, as i'm only practising, my interest is if I call it right, how much (virtual) profit or loss happens doesn't matter to me at this stage, just can I learn to make the right calls?
Ok are you looking to day trade or take a longer view ? There are ,as I guess you have already found out , different types of charts, some work better than others with different currency pairs.

Please don't take anything I say as criticism , I will try to tell you how I found it working in the market.

Your first problem is that you just don't have the information that we had in the Bank nor the contacts. First thing every morning I would talk to my contacts in Tokyo to find out who was doing what , then I would start receiving the daily orders from the far east and clients.

This would build up a picture of where the stop/losses where etc that maybe we could trigger to our advantage.

Also, the news feeds , the Banks pay fortunes to have the speediest news so that they can act quickly .

You first rule should be and don't take it wrong , that you should set you s/l and stick to it ! the first cut is the cheapest !!

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Have you got brass balls beingso-o?
Don't think it's that cold outside, we're just about to go into August.

Do you mean balls the size of coconuts?

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

blues4ever wrote:
beingsoblase wrote:

Ok are you looking to day trade or take a longer view ? There are ,as I guess you have already found out , different types of charts, some work better than others with different currency pairs.

Please don't take anything I say as criticism , I will try to tell you how I found it working in the market.

Your first problem is that you just don't have the information that we had in the Bank nor the contacts. First thing every morning I would talk to my contacts in Tokyo to find out who was doing what , then I would start receiving the daily orders from the far east and clients.

This would build up a picture of where the stop/losses where etc that maybe we could trigger to our advantage.

Also, the news feeds , the Banks pay fortunes to have the speediest news so that they can act quickly .

You first rule should be and don't take it wrong , that you should set you s/l and stick to it ! the first cut is the cheapest !!
Any advice you can give me certainly won't be taken as criticism, at the minute I don't really have much of a clue what I'm doing anyway! I'm sure its going to take a few months to find my feet in this, which is fine by me.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Just click things randomly beingso-o. I do that and earn 462 dollars an hour working from home!