Likes/dislikes about your job

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Sadact7

Re: Likes/dislikes about your job

Post by Sadact7 »

Sid Pervcat wrote:
Sadact7 wrote:Another dislike: Far too many snakes, can't trust any cunt and they all desperately try to protect their own worthless carcasses rather than resolving issues.
Thats just life in general bro.
True.

But construction is especially cunty
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Sadact7 wrote:
Sid Pervcat wrote:
Sadact7 wrote:Another dislike: Far too many snakes, can't trust any cunt and they all desperately try to protect their own worthless carcasses rather than resolving issues.
Thats just life in general bro.
True.

But construction is especially cunty

It is.

I have had enough, Sadact.

Important week ahead for me - looking to get out of it.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

2010, which is the last time I had a proper job, is getting further away so it's hard to remember. Now it's nice be able to work from home home and have no stress or have to deal with total fuckwits.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zambo wrote:2010, which is the last time I had a proper job, is getting further away so it's hard to remember. Now it's nice be able to work from home home and have no stress or have to deal with total fuckwits.
I largely worked from home from 2009-2012. It worked well for me because of my personal circumstances at the time and I felt I had a lot more time on my hands but I wouldn't do it again, full time. Felt isolated from others, didn't like not being in an office and there's limited effect from non body language. The fuckwit issue is a very pertinent one though.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Dislikes: Should take 20 mins travelling there and back takes 50 minutes there and back ie an hour sitting in heavy traffic every day
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

kancutlawns wrote:
Zambo wrote:2010, which is the last time I had a proper job, is getting further away so it's hard to remember. Now it's nice be able to work from home home and have no stress or have to deal with total fuckwits.
I largely worked from home from 2009-2012. It worked well for me because of my personal circumstances at the time and I felt I had a lot more time on my hands but I wouldn't do it again, full time. Felt isolated from others, didn't like not being in an office and there's limited effect from non body language. The fuckwit issue is a very pertinent one though.
My current position offers a great deal of flexibility and working from home is almost encouraged. The novelty factor of no commute and sitting in your joggy bottoms while doing a days work wore off pretty quickly. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the odd day WFH however with young children in the house going into the office offers welcome respite.
A joyless arsehole

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

kancutlawns wrote:

Agree Kankers, speaking as somebody who has the freedom of remote and internadional working, you do become a little isolated and the people skills/ understanding of context dull a little. Rough with the smooth I guess, as I am fortunate enough to make use of the time given back in terms of commute etc and am much more effective.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

shabbado wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
My current position offers a great deal of flexibility and working from home is almost encouraged. The novelty factor of no commute and sitting in your joggy bottoms while doing a days work wore off pretty quickly. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the odd day WFH however with young children in the house going into the office offers welcome respite.
Working from home in my current job is actually something I don't enjoy with the exception of not having a bloody long commute, shabs. When the children are home, I don't actually enjoy having the around me as I do on the weekend or days off. Too involved in my work and I find it far more stressful on the days I work at home rather than being in the office because of the lack of interaction with my colleagues. It's easy for complacency to set in and also for one's mental sharpness to get a little eroded but I guess it also comes down to one's own personal circumstances, personality, line of work, self discipline, etc. I actually tend to feel like shit on a Monday evening having worked at home and having to them contemplate going into the office the next day.

Eddie, working from home in the technology industry is a double edged sword. It's pretty easy to connect to the company network to see emails and get shared documents, etc. Got a decent work smartphone so get my work emails readily but it's easy to then get detached from others. Really don't like working in a silo but there seems to be a thrust towards me having to do that, I'm not a techie nerd, more of a people person.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

Salem

Post by Salem »

Being a senior supervisor in a laser cutting gaff has it's up and downs .

It's down's include having to deal with petty fucking squabbles and tittle tattling . It's a small company and we have two Polish lads and although they are very hard working and good at what they do , there's an arrogance about them that winds up the others and it seems like i spend most of my time dealing with childish shite . To be fair , that's the only downside .

The ups are that i like my actual job . CNC pressbrake , welder and general fabrication means there's no really boring days once i've sorted the kids out (see above) . My gaffer lets me do the overtime i want and it's only a ten minute bike ride or twenty five minute walk away .............winner , winner .

But , the biggest up of all is that twice a month i have to sit in a meeting with the gaffers missus , who's also the company secretary , and she is a f*cking stunner . I'm amazed that he spends so much time at work 'cos the only time i'd get out of bed would be to do her on the floor !!

Roll on Monday :partyman:
Barman : "What will it be , Sir ?"

Customer : "I'll have a pint of remoaner tears please"

Barman : "Sorry Sir , we're out of bitter"

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

kancutlawns wrote:
shabbado wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
Working from home in my current job is actually something I don't enjoy with the exception of not having a bloody long commute, shabs. When the children are home, I don't actually enjoy having the around me as I do on the weekend or days off. Too involved in my work and I find it far more stressful on the days I work at home rather than being in the office because of the lack of interaction with my colleagues. It's easy for complacency to set in and also for one's mental sharpness to get a little eroded but I guess it also comes down to one's own personal circumstances, personality, line of work, self discipline, etc. I actually tend to feel like shit on a Monday evening having worked at home and having to them contemplate going into the office the next day.

Eddie, working from home in the technology industry is a double edged sword. It's pretty easy to connect to the company network to see emails and get shared documents, etc. Got a decent work smartphone so get my work emails readily but it's easy to then get detached from others. Really don't like working in a silo but there seems to be a thrust towards me having to do that, I'm not a techie nerd, more of a people person.
Wondered who was in the avatar :)
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year