Accommodation Charges

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Zambo

Accommodation Charges

Post by Zambo »

Booking a few days away in June, Lakes and then Cotswolds. What a fucking rip off. Always used to stay in Premier Inns when touring this country, but their charges have gone up a lot over the last couple of years. £100 in most places just to sleep in a bed. You can get better deals if you pay when you book, but why should you pay for a service months before you use it. You can't cancel or change these pre-booking either.

Searching instead for B&Bs which means at least you eat for your money as well. A reasonable deal is about £60 for a sleep and a nosh imo. Still people are paying it, otherwise they wouldn't charge it.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

warmleatherette

Re: Accommodation Charges

Post by warmleatherette »

Prem inn often do promotions for rooms at £35 a night, worth signing up for their email alerts to get inn quick, I stay in them almost weekly all over and very rarely pay more than £60/70 a night unless I wait till the day, I guess you're looking at holiday season in the nicest places and they know it.
Brilliantly Honest

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Zambo wrote:Booking a few days away in June, Lakes and then Cotswolds. What a fucking rip off. Always used to stay in Premier Inns when touring this country, but their charges have gone up a lot over the last couple of years. £100 in most places just to sleep in a bed. You can get better deals if you pay when you book, but why should you pay for a service months before you use it. You can't cancel or change these pre-booking either.

Searching instead for B&Bs which means at least you eat for your money as well. A reasonable deal is about £60 for a sleep and a nosh imo. Still people are paying it, otherwise they wouldn't charge it.
Sounds very reasonable :fell: :)

Travelodge's aren't too bad these days, although even their prices are creeping up. When I'm away on business I often use the Ibis where I can as they're dirt cheap and do the job. Often use the one at Beaconsfield when I'm in and around the London area
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I'd forgotten about Travelodge, will check them out and Prem deals, thanks guys. Last time I was in a Travelodge I'd just seen Man U v Southampton last season, and din't get a wink of sleep. Probably post match excitement. :D

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Zambo wrote:I'd forgotten about Travelodge, will check them out and Prem deals, thanks guys. Last time I was in a Travelodge I'd just seen Man U v Southampton last season, and din't get a wink of sleep. Probably post match excitement. :D
0-1 Southampton where Tadic got the winner?

I could barely keep my eyes open during that bloody game :evil:

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

Zambo wrote:I'd forgotten about Travelodge, will check them out and Prem deals, thanks guys. Last time I was in a Travelodge I'd just seen Man U v Southampton last season, and din't get a wink of sleep. Probably post match excitement. :D
I'm a Travelodge man - cheaper than all the other budget chains but no poorer in quality. Plenty of £30-£40 a night places.
All eyes and ears...

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Travelodges are fucking grim
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Avoid Premier Inns on a point of principle. Lenny Henry is a cunt.
'I say if the flats aren't good enough for you, why don't you f... off back to Somalia' .........Jon Gaunt

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

You should find a nice christian B&B Zambo and let the small guy earn your shilling.

Dress up as a woman ,preferably with a big beard and try palming you and Mrs Z off as a transgender couple. They might even end up paying you if they tell you to fuck off somewhere else.

paolo

Post by paolo »

I used Hotwire when working away stayed in some decent spots for 26 per night but pot luck where I stay
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

LHIAC
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Travelodges are fucking grim

It depends on the location, ghost.

You know what you are getting, which is pretty basic. Some however, are at least well positioned.

We had to go to a party in Ramsgate recently. The Travelodge was bang on the waters edge, overlooking the sea & harbour (with a half decent pub 100yds away).
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Steve Hunt wrote:

You know what you are getting, which is pretty basic. Some however, are at least well positioned.

We had to go to a party in Ramsgate recently. The Travelodge was bang on the waters edge, overlooking the sea & harbour (with a half decent pub 100yds away).

Some are so grim that you have to make your own bed with sheets issued at check in, I shit you not.
Brilliantly Honest

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

warmleatherette wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Some are so grim that you have to make your own bed with sheets issued at check in, I shit you not.
Never heard of that before and, frankly, don't believe it.
All eyes and ears...

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

warmleatherette wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

I once booked one near Glasgow and when I got into the room the bed had been pissed and not changed :rolleyes:

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Sadact7 wrote: I once booked one near Glasgow and when I got into the room the bed had been pissed and not changed :rolleyes:
That's Glasgow for you
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sadact7 wrote:
0-1 Southampton where Tadic got the winner?

I could barely keep my eyes open during that bloody game :evil:
Yeah, that was the one. Only went as my daughter bought a package for her partner for his birthday and they couldn't go, as they changed it to Sunday. It was woeful, although Utd did improve a bit in the second half.

Funnily enough, just received an email saying Premier have 250,000 rooms for under £50. I'll go and search the destinations I want

(Whitehaven and Cheltenham).

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

You're most likely to find many of them housing migrants in temporary accommodation these days so I'd go there tooled up :)