Talkforum Survey - February 2016

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Lou Grant

Re: Talkforum Survey - February 2016

Post by Lou Grant »

D&D is its own self contained world of fuckwittery. I'm not accusing the people of taking it outside D&D particularly. It's full of people mouthing off extreme opinions backed up by whatever crackpot source they choose to quote from to back up their views. A lot of the D&D people don't really venture to other parts of the forum. It exists in its own septic world, hence why in my view it could be ditched.

This thread asked for views, that was one of my views. I appreciate your disagreement. Ultimately whatever changes that are made are down to Mark.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Lou Grant wrote:D&D is its own self contained world of fuckwittery. I'm not accusing the people of taking it outside D&D particularly. It's full of people mouthing off extreme opinions backed up by whatever crackpot source they choose to quote from to back up their views. A lot of the D&D people don't really venture to other parts of the forum. It exists in its own septic world, hence why in my view it could be ditched.

This thread asked for views, that was one of my views. I appreciate your disagreement. Ultimately whatever changes that are made are down to Mark.
If D&D were to be ditched, I suspect a lot of posters would follow.

Lou, if you don't like D&D, don't venture on it. I don't like the "Stupid Name Game" section, but I don't want it ditched because I appreciate that other posters like it. I merely choose not to go on it.

I don't wish to be rude, Lou. But I suspect that if your suggestions were implemented, the forum would be as dead as a dodo.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Lou Grant wrote:D&D is its own self contained world of fuckwittery. I'm not accusing the people of taking it outside D&D particularly. It's full of people mouthing off extreme opinions backed up by whatever crackpot source they choose to quote from to back up their views. A lot of the D&D people don't really venture to other parts of the forum. It exists in its own septic world, hence why in my view it could be ditched.

Lou, if you don't like D&D, don't venture on it. I don't like the "Stupid Name Game" section, but I don't want it ditched because I appreciate that other posters like it. I merely choose not to go on it.

I don't wish to be rude, Lou. But I suspect that if your suggestions were implemented, the forum would be as dead as a dodo.
Because every tedious snide dullard seems to feel the need to comment on things they claim to have no interest in, then pull a face when they get cunted off
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

subsub

Post by subsub »

Lou Grant wrote:D&D is its own self contained world of fuckwittery
Yep, spot on. Most of the stuff spouted on there is so paranoid and ill-informed, it's embarrassing.

Best to leave them to it, though, if it makes them feel better :mrgreen:
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Steve Hunt wrote:I don't wish to be rude, Lou. But I suspect that if your suggestions were implemented, the forum would be as dead as a dodo.
+100
A lot of posters use D and D to vent off steam. They would disappear to another forum that would serve that purpose.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Lou is just being "mischievous"
I released the blob must to my darkest dread

But its mint choc chip which is the ice cream flavour of Satan's spermatozoa

Careful now, you’re being beastly to Leado and this canno he totlerated.

About to get underway at the Berbabeu

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

The thread asked for suggestions - at least I made some, rather than pretending I had made some and then bullshitting about them being deleted. It would be a weird (and dull) forum if everyone had the same opinions.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

DasBoot

Post by DasBoot »

Hold new Mod elections once every 3 months and get rid of the rogue ones.
Subsub- Runner up TOTY 2019.

Dinger

Post by Dinger »

Bring back Zambo as a guest mod for a month to clean this place up, stop all the shit, shovel up the goadage etc :smt023
Who goads the goaders?

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Lou Grant wrote:The thread asked for suggestions - at least I made some, rather than pretending I had made some and then bullshitting about them being deleted. It would be a weird (and dull) forum if everyone had the same opinions.
Lou, I made some suggestions, they disappeared. You have no idea whether I am bullshitting or not - or do you?
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Lou Grant wrote:The thread asked for suggestions - at least I made some, rather than pretending I had made some and then bullshitting about them being deleted. It would be a weird (and dull) forum if everyone had the same opinions.
It would if they were all the same as yours

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

DasBoot wrote:Hold new Mod elections once every 3 months and get rid of the rogue ones.
No mods at all.

Genuinely don't see why Mark doesn't just do it himself.

There's only Carlos other than him anyway and, as you say, he talks about going rogue which hardly suggests a consistent approach.

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Wibble ain't no mod. He's a trolling goading poster with a badge.
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Dinger wrote:Bring back Zambo as a guest mod for a month to clean this place up, stop all the shit, shovel up the goadage etc :smt023

I love that suggestion. Let's Do It !
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

A number of the suggestions will be implemented once I get a bit of time to make the required changes.
Thanks.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:Wibble ain't no mod. He's a trolling goading poster with a badge.
This is quite simply tedious drivel. Your act is an extremely tired event.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

mark wrote:
A number of the suggestions will be implemented once I get a bit of time to make the required changes.
Thanks.
What ones :?:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Steve Hunt wrote:

I'm not really considering any changes to D&D. We do have a balancing act with some of the more 'out there' views in considering what goes beyond acceptable but that is part of the risk with allowing fairly open debate.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

delboy1983 wrote:
mark wrote:
Thanks.
The additional sections for the new stations and potentially opening up some sections to public posting to start with.

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:Wibble ain't no mod. He's a trolling goading poster with a badge.
Carlos is a top man. FACT

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

DasBoot wrote:Hold new Mod elections once every 3 months and get rid of the rogue ones.
Not needed.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

mark wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:
mark wrote:
Thanks.
The additional sections for the new stations and potentially opening up some sections to public posting to start with.
Sounds good Mark
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

henrycrs wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Dear Notin made a post here and again referenced the forum being quiet:
https://www.talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 15#p913703

So instead of on threads, why not have a forum members survey. Why not? Three simple questions:

1. Notin says the forum is quiet. Why is that?

2. What do you think can attract more posters?

3. What can improve the forum?

Answers on here are welcome or PM Mark or myself or even email [email protected]. Replies by midnight Sunday please. Thanks in advance

Let us see what the posters actually say.
1- think it's quiet ish, but it's been worse. Probably just the time of year or circumstance

2- use of email to all users? Once a month? Twitter only captures those that follow....how about a snap shot email to those addresses of registered members

3- more tits and fanny snaps Image
Pandemonium is there as long as things don't go too far or too extreme.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Sid Pervcat wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Dear Notin made a post here and again referenced the forum being quiet:
https://www.talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 15#p913703

So instead of on threads, why not have a forum members survey. Why not? Three simple questions:

1. Notin says the forum is quiet. Why is that?

No quieter than "normal."There is a lack of "new blood" which I suppose reduces the forum to a regular core of posters, creating the illusion of it being quiet....Individual sections are busy though..D&D, TS Discussion for example.People tend to stay within these sections.

2. What do you think can attract more posters?

A new banner ( too grey!!)..The fact that posters have to post in the hello and welcome section I guess is off putting.And the fact that any new posters are automatically accused of being multis :roll: -Not the most welcoming scenario.New sections-The sections we have cater for those already here rather than encouraging new posters to "join in"...mix it up a bit..create some more "relevant" sections and bin those hardly used

3. What can improve the forum?
Impartial moderation..Moderators not pursuing petty individual vendettas, agendas etc.Moderators not using personal info to "score points" fair treatment for all posters...if rules are transgressed, implement them across the board.Stop Douglas spamming TS Discussion!!, Zero tolerance to racism, Etc Etc Etc.....Loads can probably "improve" the forum, but it's all subjective innit?

Answers on here are welcome or PM Mark or myself or even email [email protected]. Replies by midnight Sunday please. Thanks in advance

Let us see what the posters actually say.
We can do things to make the forum less grey and if anybody wants to come up with banner improvements then go for it. It just needs the image, the words are part of the site.
Using this and Lou's later post we can look at something around making things more straight forward for new posters, especially with the new stations going live soon.

A bit more tolerance towards each other, including me and the mods would help too.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Sack off the other mods Mark.

I don't see why you couldn't take full ownership of it yourself tbh