Monopoly 80 years old.

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
AlcoholBrazil

Monopoly 80 years old.

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Use to play a lot back in the day. A way to fuel sibling rivalry on Christmas Day while the Morecambe and Wise Show was on.
Now it has to compete with PS4's and X-Boxes. Still popular on-line.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Monopoly 80 years old.

Post by Carlos J »

I like a game of Monopoly. Sure it could be good or drag on a bit. Not sure about Monopoly online, though might have a nose, maybe.

Already said to dear mama, should I attend hers Christmas Day, not known, we should play Monopoly again after long time. Triv excellent, cards and charades maybe. Wii just ain't funny anymore and ends up bones creakng. :roll: Triv:

phpBB [video]
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

About 6 or 7 years ago someone got my wee girl the electronic version for Xmas. It had credit cards instead of money and an electronic bank and chance/community chest. You still had to collect property cards and go round a board sticking houses and hotels on it though .
For about a month she wanted to play it every sodding day, then just stopped & hasnt looked at it since.
The rules were also slightly tweaked on that version to make it quicker too and to be honest, even though I usually hate board games, it wasn't that bad to play.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

phpBB [video]

Surprised you didn't post this one, Carlos.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Basualdo wrote:About 6 or 7 years ago someone got my wee girl the electronic version for Xmas. It had credit cards instead of money and an electronic bank and chance/community chest. You still had to collect property cards and go round a board sticking houses and hotels on it though .
For about a month she wanted to play it every sodding day, then just stopped & hasnt looked at it since.
The rules were also slightly tweaked on that version to make it quicker too and to be honest, even though I usually hate board games, it wasn't that bad to play.
Boo bad dad hating board games. :( Board games are a part of Christmas past to be kept, electronically aided if better. Yours sounds electronic for the sake of it.

To which, and what did young nephew want for his birthday? Tipping Point game. :roll: Occasionally caught the shit show on TV, can go to shite Yarmouth and back to sunny Suffolk and 'Stoft to play proper penny drop games in the arcades. Little chubster loved it, and like your daughter, playing every day. So far :)

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
phpBB [video]

Surprised you didn't post this one, Carlos.
Ha, not on my recall, AB.

graz

Post by graz »

OK for a bit but in the end drags terribly. Like all the different sets they do these days though.
Still invisible after all these years...

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Has anyone normal ever got as far as having to mortgage their properties to stay in the game?
If I havent got Park Lane and Mayfair or Regent St and the other green ones in the first 15 minutes then I wander off/tip the board over in a huff/or pass out comatose through boredom
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.