Daughters

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Petingo

Re: Daughters

Post by Petingo »

My old mum, Gid rest her, used to love that song.

She used to sit my younger sisters on her knee when they were toddlers and sing it to them.

We all thought it was sentimental codswallop as kids but as the years raced by, every one of the seven iof us knows what the song means to young parents, Mr. Hunt.

:)
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

I bought my oldest a little mini , so she could learn to drive in it 2013 model , nice little car ,put the dogs in the car this morning , early about 6am . got back and she went fucking mental at me, and pushed me and tried to hit me. what happend to my little girl? i took the 2 of them shopping this weekend and bought them some clobber , The dog has eaten the receipt and now she is shouting and bawling about needing to change a frock over , the sooner i get another overseas job the better, she has just split up with her boyfriend but fuck me!!! tetchy or what?

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

pugsly wrote:I bought my oldest a little mini , so she could learn to drive in it 2013 model , nice little car ,put the dogs in the car this morning , early about 6am . got back and she went fucking mental at me, and pushed me and tried to hit me. what happend to my little girl? i took the 2 of them shopping this weekend and bought them some clobber , The dog has eaten the receipt and now she is shouting and bawling about needing to change a frock over , the sooner i get another overseas job the better, she has just split up with her boyfriend but fuck me!!! tetchy or what?
Has she got a job, pugsly?

Seems to me that she needs to understand how lucky she is to have a Dad that bought her a car that is only 2 years old. I would have been eternally grateful to my parents had they done the same.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

pugsly wrote:I bought my oldest a little mini , so she could learn to drive in it 2013 model , nice little car ,put the dogs in the car this morning , early about 6am . got back and she went fucking mental at me, and pushed me and tried to hit me. what happend to my little girl? i took the 2 of them shopping this weekend and bought them some clobber , The dog has eaten the receipt and now she is shouting and bawling about needing to change a frock over , the sooner i get another overseas job the better, she has just split up with her boyfriend but fuck me!!! tetchy or what?
To be honest it sounds like you spoil her too much and rather than making her appreciative, it simply raises her expectations every time. Coupled with a society that fetishizes selfishness and material wealth, it's not a good thing. Boyfriend trouble or no boyfriend trouble, her behaviour is not on and you must let her know that.

I've seen it plenty of times with friends of mine (mothers and fathers) who have similar issues with their children and even see it on the street with young kids shouting at parents.

You need to lay down the law with your daughter and tell her to either recognise your honourable (if occasionally bungled) attempts to help her, or she can get a car and dress on her own with her own money. She'll be shocked and angry at first but eventually she'll get it.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

The Tick wrote:
To be honest it sounds like you spoil her too much and rather than making her appreciative, it simply raises her expectations every time. Coupled with a society that fetishizes selfishness and material wealth, it's not a good thing. Boyfriend trouble or no boyfriend trouble, her behaviour is not on and you must let her know that.

I've seen it plenty of times with friends of mine (mothers and fathers) who have similar issues with their children and even see it on the street with young kids shouting at parents.

You need to lay down the law with your daughter and tell her to either recognise your honourable (if occasionally bungled) attempts to help her, or she can get a car and dress on her own with her own money. She'll be shocked and angry at first but eventually she'll get it.

To the dismay of the local community college the Tick's parental guidance course was not the raging success that was hoped for....

"EIGHT QUID A MONTH FOR NETFLIX?!! YOU'LL HAVE TO PRISE IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS, YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE BASTARD!!"
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Basualdo wrote:
The Tick wrote:

To the dismay of the local community college the Tick's parental guidance course was not the raging success that was hoped for....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Tick has a point, though.

Kids today simply expect. I can see it in my own two daughters.

The battles we had to get them to understand the concept of "earning" pocket money were enormous. When I was their age I had to wash both my parents cars, clean everyone's shoes, mow the lawn, water the garden, clean my room & generally do whatever else was asked of me to earn a weekly income. I have only partly succeeded in establishing a similar routine - mainly because my wife is too soft

ENIC OUT

Minisooms

Post by Minisooms »

My daughter started working at 12 ,she's 21 now , one Saturday she said I'm not going to nans it's boring I said well you can come with me and work then , she earned 20 quid for 7 hours filling up and really enjoyed it ,obv I still bought her stuff but she knows the value of money ,I think most kids should do a bit of graft even if it's just housework for pocket money
If you think this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Minisooms wrote:My daughter started working at 12 ,she's 21 now , one Saturday she said I'm not going to nans it's boring I said well you can come with me and work then , she earned 20 quid for 7 hours filling up and really enjoyed it ,obv I still bought her stuff but she knows the value of money ,I think most kids should do a bit of graft even if it's just housework for pocket money
:dart:

ENIC OUT

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Steve Hunt wrote:

The battles we had to get them to understand the concept of "earning" pocket money were enormous. When I was their age I had to wash both my parents cars, clean everyone's shoes, mow the lawn, water the garden, clean my room & generally do whatever else was asked of me to earn a weekly income. I have only partly succeeded in establishing a similar routine - mainly because my wife is too soft
Slick advertising by companies over products specifically aimed at youngsters is a big problem. Children are now exposed to values that teach only material gain, good looks and getting what you want matter. Values that will carry on into adulthood. I had to save up as a child if I wanted to get a new bicycle or microscope or mecchano set.

A simple assertion of character by a parent should be enough to show that success must be earned. We are following the American social model of mollycoddling children as a means of showing love. Once it starts from a young age, children will only grow to expect more of the same.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

my daughter is 20 months and stomped through the house this evening chewing a yellow rubber duck and making roarrrring noises.

:D
A joyless arsehole

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

shabbado wrote:my daughter is 20 months and stomped through the house this evening chewing a yellow rubber duck and making roarrrring noises.

Sure I do that every weekend myself .
Proud Gammon

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
The Tick wrote:

That,s it Steve my Wife lets them away with murder and i come home, nobody has cleaned the house, the dogs are not fed or walked, the grass is not cut. and then i start getting angry and laying down the law , and am the bad bastard , i have had jobs since i was 14 [ milk boy, paper boy, farm labour] fuck me drunk these lot have had it on a plate, and this morning she sweet talked me into taking her and to pals to collage , what a fucking mug, i do have the guilt because of the amount of time i have spent working. i cant seem to get the balance right.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

pugsly wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
The Tick wrote:

That,s it Steve my Wife lets them away with murder and i come home, nobody has cleaned the house, the dogs are not fed or walked, the grass is not cut. and then i start getting angry and laying down the law , and am the bad bastard , i have had jobs since i was 14 [ milk boy, paper boy, farm labour] fuck me drunk these lot have had it on a plate, and this morning she sweet talked me into taking her and to pals to collage , what a fucking mug, i do have the guilt because of the amount of time i have spent working. i cant seem to get the balance right.

Spent working in order to pay for the luxuries. The kids and wife should remember that. Their conduct is not on. But giving in to their demands all the time doesn't help. Give them an inch and they take a mile. Just take a more assertive tone and tell them no. As for your wife, she also needs to have a word with herself. If she can't take the initiative you'll have to.

For balance there are a lot of working mothers out there who are put upon by selfish children (especially in single parent situations) who have all the same problems as you and then some. And there are people who have to look after their elderly parents and get similar levels of (in)gratitude.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Minisooms wrote:Dirty laundry shouldn't be left hanging around the bathroom ,what if one of your mates came round and went for a piss , no one wants to see soiled panties
Well, unless they're Japanese.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Minisooms wrote:My daughter started working at 12 ,she's 21 now , one Saturday she said I'm not going to nans it's boring I said well you can come with me and work then , she earned 20 quid for 7 hours filling up and really enjoyed it ,obv I still bought her stuff but she knows the value of money ,I think most kids should do a bit of graft even if it's just housework for pocket money
:dart:
You have to start them early. Training my three year old daughter to help me load the dishwasher and clean the TV room.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

hereintheusa

Post by hereintheusa »

I am proud to say both my girls have great work ethics. My eldest is a mum now but she also works and is at uni. Must admit being a grandad is ace. No better feeling than when we FaceTime and he shouts grandad at me.

My youngest is one heck of a political activist. Heavily involved in the lat election and met with tons of MPs. She is nearly 18 and called me other morning to ask me a serous question. She asked what was my favourite Supreme Court decision. lol it's a bit weird that she rather talks politics and law rather than Harry Stiles but you won't hear me complaining.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Brown v Board of Education? Roe v Wade?

Either of them, HITUSA? The only two I know off the top of my head.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

McEnroe v Borg
Proud Gammon

hereintheusa

Post by hereintheusa »

Carlos J wrote:Brown v Board of Education? Roe v Wade?

Either of them, HITUSA? The only two I know off the top of my head.
Ha I did say Roe v Wade then my ignorance other than it legalized abortion was exposed as she grilled me on it. She wants to run next year as a councilor in her local elections. When she came over in the summer we watched the movie Coalition about a dozen times......

But at least she isn't hanging outside the local coop drinking and shouting abuse at people.

hereintheusa

Post by hereintheusa »

shabbado wrote:my daughter is 20 months and stomped through the house this evening chewing a yellow rubber duck and making roarrrring noises.

Lol those are priceless moments.

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

My daughters are 13 and 11. Id like to think they are good girls as they do well at school, go to church on sunday, always eat on the same table as the rest of the family

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Warden Rankin wrote:My daughters are 13 and 11. Id like to think they are good girls as they do well at school, go to church on sunday, always eat on the same table as the rest of the family
Good man Robert.

Nice to see traditional parenting is still alive and well.
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Sadact7 wrote:
Warden Rankin wrote:My daughters are 13 and 11. Id like to think they are good girls as they do well at school, go to church on sunday, always eat on the same table as the rest of the family
Good man Robert.

Thank you for your kind words.

Great to have you back

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Warden Rankin wrote:
Sadact7 wrote:
Good man Robert.

Thank you for your kind words.

Great to have you back
And yourself old friend, I hope to see a similar upturn in fortune for our beloved (not so) mighty Reds
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

Reg

Post by Reg »

Petingo wrote:My old mum, Gid rest her, used to love that song.

She used to sit my younger sisters on her knee when they were toddlers and sing it to them.

We all thought it was sentimental codswallop as kids but as the years raced by, every one of the seven iof us knows what the song means to young parents, Mr. Hunt.

:)
How right you were. :)
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!