The Other Place

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Thursty

Re: The Other Place

Post by Thursty »

m4rkb wrote:I haven't got a clue.
:smt045
the smoke gets in your eyes
run the exhaust back inside
close the window and take a ride
i've got a place to go
there's nowhere to hide

Thursty

Post by Thursty »

delboy1983 wrote:If he is one two names spring to mind who would want a new ID
Brutus
Augustus
:rolleyes:
the smoke gets in your eyes
run the exhaust back inside
close the window and take a ride
i've got a place to go
there's nowhere to hide

al growler

Post by al growler »

Well if nothing else I feel honoured to have stirred up so much interest. If I am a multi, then I expect to be considered for an award for being one of the longest running and serving ones.

I am also proud that I was never labelled a shit one by chief multi spotter notin kwestion.
It's a dull man who can only spell a word one way

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

A multi will evade detection generally based on the effort that they put in to concealing their true identity through the stretching of technologies used to access sites and careful control of posted comments.

In the longer ago past multis were used for humour and extended fun and it could be something of a laugh until things went too far and people started to get upset. In the more recent past multis have been used for more nefarious purposes. Their direction has been to agitate and most often to avoid the owning poster being suspected of such agitation.

However long it takes people will become suspicious and start to generate their own theories based on those suspicions. Look at the list of possible suspects, people will often pre-judge their theories based on their own interactions with an alleged multi or perhaps through developing connections to another poster they dislike. I had my suspicions from the time that Al Growler first registered but couldn't gather evidence to prove those suspicions. Recent events have made me look again. There are layers of data that need to be unravelled and the job is nearly done. I think I am close to an answer but can't act simply on suspicion no matter how strong. That would be wrong.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

m4rkb wrote:
Kowalski wrote::roll:

I like Mr growler.

:(
He seems a decent type of bloke to me.
Me too.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

paolo

Post by paolo »

al growler wrote:Well if nothing else I feel honoured to have stirred up so much interest. If I am a multi, then I expect to be considered for an award for being one of the longest running and serving ones.

I am also proud that I was never labelled a shit one by chief multi spotter notin kwestion.
Don't feel honored, you did your level best to destroy the forum, you took several casualties with you.

You have a new place now. You must stay there.

Be a man.

Stevos Badger :wink:
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

The Andy Gray/Richard Keys/other such characters multis (I was one of them, can't remember which one now) a few years back were great fun. Top multis, top multis. Take a bow, son.
All eyes and ears...

Alan_Brazil

Post by Alan_Brazil »

They were bew-di-ful, Rowntree. #pop#

A big, big part of the forum.
Flower of Scotland, go on Rod!

al growler

Post by al growler »

paolo wrote:
al growler wrote:Well if nothing else I feel honoured to have stirred up so much interest. If I am a multi, then I expect to be considered for an award for being one of the longest running and serving ones.

Don't feel honored, you did your level best to destroy the forum, you took several casualties with you.

You have a new place now. You must stay there.

Be a man.

Stevos Badger :wink:
Wise words from the forum's David Icke. It's a conspiracy. I am a lizard and my original id is also a squamate reptile.

Between us we have destroyed the forum, we have driven several posters off, the place is ruined. Who are these valuable contributors who have fallen by the wayside?

Cheers,

Stevos

paolo

Post by paolo »

So you have to be outed rather than manning up?

Poor form albeit expected

Such a damp squib after everything you have done to the forum
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

Alan_Brazil wrote:They were bew-di-ful, Rowntree. #pop#

A big, big part of the forum.
:finga: :finga: :finga:
All eyes and ears...

al growler

Post by al growler »

paolo wrote:So you have to be outed rather than manning up?

Poor form albeit expected

Such a damp squib after everything you have done to the forum
Still no names then.

Poor form albeit expected.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Once named

You and your multi agree to leave the forum forever?
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

al growler

Post by al growler »

paolo wrote:Once named

You and your multi agree to leave the forum forever?
I'm not talking about my name you halfwit, I already know that. I'm talking about the names of the posters who old Al has driven off the forum. I've never had a cross word with hardly anyone, and yet you say I've driven them all off. How did I do it?

All this harassment has reached creepy stalking status. I now know how Mr Bell felt if he was telling the truth.

paolo

Post by paolo »

We're talking both of your ID's.

Being evasive won't help you this time

You won't man up, and the fact that Al Growler can post in a reasonable manner illustrates what a strange and twisted individual you are when observing the behaviour of your other ID.
It was a matter of time.
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

al growler

Post by al growler »

paolo wrote:We're talking both of your ID's.

Being evasive won't help you this time

You won't man up, and the fact that Al Growler can post in a reasonable manner illustrates what a strange and twisted individual you are when observing the behaviour of your other ID.
It was a matter of time.
I'm not being evasive, I'm not the one who has been asked to back up what has been posted on here. At the moment you have made two accusations, neither of which you are providing evidence for, and not even providing details. I remind you again.

1, Who has been driven off the forum and what is your evidence

2. Where is your evidence that I am a multi

You've just jumped on the prejudiced bandwagon again. Gives you something else to do apart from telling us about your personal life that no one ever replies to and no one is remotely interested in.

Bit of a very sad loner is my guess.

Anyway, the forum owner is on the verge of announcing some revealing info about multis. Best wait for that rather than continue to make a dick of yourself.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

al growler wrote:
Anyway, the forum owner is on the verge of announcing some revealing info about multis. Best wait for that rather than continue to make a dick of yourself.
The ray of opportunity currently shines in your direction Al. It won't shine in that direction for too long.

al growler

Post by al growler »

mark wrote:
al growler wrote:
The ray of opportunity currently shines in your direction Al. It won't shine in that direction for too long.
The ray of opportunity to do what? Post on your forum? Are you telling me that my time is up on here? Are you warning me? Are you about to ban me?

In the three years I have been on here, I have received no warnings, no bans, no PMs talking about my behaviour, and as far as I can remember no one has complained about me. Having said that as the owner of the forum you are of course entitled to decide who you want on here. To me and others you have made some strange decisions in that area, but it's yours, so you can do what you like. I am however saddened, that it looks like I am being put in the same category as some of the arsewipes who have frequented this place in the past, mais qui est la vie.

So, tell me what you want me to do. If you don't want me here I'll go, you don't need to get the hammer out.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

It does seem a bit off that Mr Growler is being hounded yet Timelord is allowed to post his hate-filled bile all over this forum.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

What's the point of banning a poster if his new incarnation is a totally different person making decent posts as is the case with Al , whoever he was last time round?

I can't see it being in the forum's interest at all especially as it took ridiculous lengths of time to ban people who should have been booted out a long time back.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Mr Growler's other ID subjected the forum to the worst possible behaviour in forum history

He is being given ample opportunity to come clean yet chooses to continue his game

What would Lenny say?
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Do we have unified agreement of anyone who The Growler is - other than the usual list of suspects quoted everytime a multi crops up?

I'm sure most multis only have an alternative account in place to read this place in the event of a ban rather than any other reason.

paolo

Post by paolo »

m4rkb wrote:What's the point of banning a poster if his new incarnation is a totally different person making decent posts as is the case with Al , whoever he was last time round?

I can't see it being in the forum's interest at all especially as it took ridiculous lengths of time to ban people who should have been booted out a long time back.
The worst behaved forum member ever, one who abused his position
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

m4rkb wrote:What's the point of banning a poster if his new incarnation is a totally different person making decent posts as is the case with Al , whoever he was last time round?

However, that isn't the case with Al Growler; the person using that ID has also been using another ID at the same time and from the behaviours and posting patterns of the two ID's has been using them in tandem for a specific purpose.

Al Growler has spent his time on the forum, over three years, posting from IP addresses associated with VPS and VPN services. That in itself isn't a bannable offence but it does escalate suspicion that the user is trying to hide their real identity and/or location. The suspicions were further escalated by recent events that had been reported by another forum user which then led me to dig a bit deeper to find evidence from the forum logs.

I had to go back to when Al Growler first registered on the forum. I found that in February 2013 Al Growler changed his password twice on the same day. Once from one of VPS/VPN addresses that he generally used but also 68 minutes earlier from an IP address used by one other forum user, and used over a thousand times so it's not just a casual match.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

al growler wrote:
mark wrote:
al growler wrote:
The ray of opportunity to do what? Post on your forum? Are you telling me that my time is up on here? Are you warning me? Are you about to ban me?

In the three years I have been on here, I have received no warnings, no bans, no PMs talking about my behaviour, and as far as I can remember no one has complained about me. Having said that as the owner of the forum you are of course entitled to decide who you want on here. To me and others you have made some strange decisions in that area, but it's yours, so you can do what you like. I am however saddened, that it looks like I am being put in the same category as some of the arsewipes who have frequented this place in the past, mais qui est la vie.

So, tell me what you want me to do. If you don't want me here I'll go, you don't need to get the hammer out.
So Al, based on my previous post in this thread would you like to explain why and how you changed your password twice on Tuesday 12th February 2013? Once from an IP address that indicated that you were using one of the VPS services that you generally frequented and previously, 68 minutes earlier from an IP address used by one other forum poster.