The Other Place

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Roquetas

Re: The Other Place

Post by Roquetas »

LaaLaa wrote:
paolo wrote:Err, quite

Maybe a bit too much Justin?

Still clueless as to your question as you seem to be, too. Give me a nudge if you need further clarification
You were going back and quoting some old posts, I think Roq maybe thought they were pm's.

This is like an episode of Scooby Doo innit? Mark has Al tied to a chair and we're just waiting to see if he'll whip off the rubber mask to reveal... :?:
It's actually a load of old shite. We're all adults, right?
All eyes and ears...

paolo

Post by paolo »

Roquetas wrote:
LaaLaa wrote:
paolo wrote:Err, quite

Maybe a bit too much Justin?

Still clueless as to your question as you seem to be, too. Give me a nudge if you need further clarification
You were going back and quoting some old posts, I think Roq maybe thought they were pm's.

This is like an episode of Scooby Doo innit? Mark has Al tied to a chair and we're just waiting to see if he'll whip off the rubber mask to reveal... :?:
It's actually a load of old shite. We're all adults, right?
Old shite or not, you take pleasure from involving yourself, making yourself look a bit daft with the private messages ting.

Give your head a shake
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Roquetas wrote:I really hope Mark comes back with shit like 'forum rules' etc, the same forum rules he himself disastrously broke in reinstating the permabanned Notin who then got permabanned again for continuing the same tedious crap.
I'd prefer to operate a 'no rules' policy. Unfortunately it doesn't work as so many people are desperate to win on the internet. As for notin, he wasn't the first to be reinstated and may not be the last. Later, he and pervcat were permanently banned for continuing the same tedious crap and specifically doing it all over the forum and aiming it at posters who weren't even posting at the time and in fact may not even have been reading the forum at that time. Nobody was responding in any kind but still they carried on.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
m4rkb wrote:What's the point of banning a poster if his new incarnation is a totally different person making decent posts as is the case with Al , whoever he was last time round?

I can't see it being in the forum's interest at all especially as it took ridiculous lengths of time to ban people who should have been booted out a long time back.
^ This
I agree with that but it doesn't happen very often and it wasn't the case with Al Growler.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Al Grower banned permanently due to being a multi, and furthermore a multi operated by a forum moderator who posted very clearly his views about (other people's use of) multiple ID's.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

There's no way surely that was Zambo who is the candidate most would have in mind?

If so, I find it hard to believe he could ever write in a different style other than the one he's always used. Total consistency of view from start to finish whether you agree with him or not.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Apart from that, Zambo can't work a fucking mobile phone beyond texting and making phone calls let alone setting up a VPN

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

m4rkb wrote:Apart from that, Zambo can't work a fucking mobile phone beyond texting and making phone calls let alone setting up a VPN
It's a piece of piss

You just download TOR and use that instead of chrome.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Rantan Zero

Post by Rantan Zero »

m4rkb wrote:There's no way surely that was Zambo who is the candidate most would have in mind?

If so, I find it hard to believe he could ever write in a different style other than the one he's always used. Total consistency of view from start to finish whether you agree with him or not.
From what Mark posted it looks like it's not Zambo.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

It was.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
m4rkb wrote:Apart from that, Zambo can't work a fucking mobile phone beyond texting and making phone calls let alone setting up a VPN
It's a piece of piss

You just download TOR and use that instead of chrome.
I'm strictly Firefox myself. I've tried TOR but couldn't be arsed with it, or find any particular use for it.

So does this mean A=Z - or are we talking some long gone mod I know nowt about?
Last edited by m4rkb on Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rantan Zero

Post by Rantan Zero »

mark wrote:It was.
Oh well, you should have said ex-forum moderator then :P

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

mark wrote:Al Grower banned permanently due to being a multi, and furthermore a multi operated by a forum moderator who posted very clearly his views about (other people's use of) multiple ID's.
Is he just banned under the Al Growler, Mark or is his original ID also banned?

I do hope it isn't as after this unpleasantness dies down he could continue contributing on here.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Petingo wrote:
mark wrote:Al Grower banned permanently due to being a multi, and furthermore a multi operated by a forum moderator who posted very clearly his views about (other people's use of) multiple ID's.
Is he just banned under the Al Growler, Mark or is his original ID also banned?

I do hope it isn't as after this unpleasantness dies down he could continue contributing on here.
I was just about to ask the same question.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

I have banned Zambo for a month at the moment - let the air clear and then consider.
I'm pretty tolerant generally, it may depend on how tolerant others can be.

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Well I feel like a right cunt now.

I only mentioned it in passing as I was making a general point about why someone may legitimately want a different id to log into a forum.

I never for a second thought it would turn into some sort of inquisition leading to a ban.

I wish I hadn't said anything now, I feel terrible for the bloke.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I agree Col. This is too much of a witch hunt for my liking. Even if the culprit had turned out to be someone I thought was a total fucking cunt, I'd have accepted the fact his new style deserved a fresh start. I thought the reason for adopting one when you have what could be viewed as a 'toxic' username, was a sign someone had got into a rut and sought an honourable exit towards decent posting.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:Well I feel like a right cunt now.

I only mentioned it in passing as I was making a general point about why someone may legitimately want a different id to log into a forum.

I never for a second thought it would turn into some sort of inquisition leading to a ban.

I wish I hadn't said anything now, I feel terrible for the bloke.
Dont panic. Your post had nothing to do with any action taken. There were other reasons.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

There will have to be a stewards inquiry on 'other' forums too.
#zambogate.

Thursty

Post by Thursty »

Oh dear.

Bleats about people starting breakaway forums, then joins one himself. Goes on a crusade against multis, when he had been running one for years himself.

Worst ever talkFORUM mod?
the smoke gets in your eyes
run the exhaust back inside
close the window and take a ride
i've got a place to go
there's nowhere to hide

paolo

Post by paolo »

Look at what he did to the forum

Never forget

Ban should be permanent

He is unhinged
You are speaking about Al growler as if he exists, never forget what Zambia did
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

9 to 5

Post by 9 to 5 »

lol, Zambo.

Dinger

Post by Dinger »

Knew it really... sad scenes. Old Al was clearly created by zambo to relieve his goading frustrations because he was a mod. Followed me about a bit too much and goaded Zambo style. Not very clever really.

I have deleted the email address he was using to "stalk" me following ISP advice so that issue is closed as well...

What concerns is how zambo got my (admittedly spare) email from horse so easily to start sending me weird messages. You know what has happened here horse. Have a look at yourself.

Posted from a hot 29 palms CA (yes I know it's a bit sad)

Alzambopoolpro :mrgreen:
Who goads the goaders?

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

I'm sure there is a lesson to be learnt for us all. In the main forums like this are meant to be fun places, not battle grounds.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Have fun times on hols, Dinger. Indeed using AT&T in 29 Palms. :wink:

I have written my piece in the Mod Shack. Not Zola's "J'accuse" as guilty, but asking for some clemency.

Maybe a week and a Zambo, refreshed, recharged, can and will answer questions back. If he wants to come back.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?