Holiday Thread

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
tombaland

Re: Holiday Thread

Post by tombaland »

what is going on in that photo and why are they drinking Ribena, cream soda and Lucozade sport?
Legend of the seven seas!

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

tombaland wrote:I thought you was like 40 tops.

I'm mystified how many places these days get fish and chips wrong. was it a fish and chip place exclusively or like a general place because that usually explains it. like all the kebab shops and burger places in town cant do fish and chips to save their lives. really bad shit.
Its supposedly an upmarket fish and chip place.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

You're post at 9.48am, Bas. A wonderful piece of pure pathos. Sure your daughter will remember it fondly in the future.

That's where I'm a good boy scout and Mr Anal. Would've checked all opening times and stuff before.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Basualdo wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Carlos J wrote: You're more than welcome for a stay in Partridgeland though. Carc and I has hosts, it doesn't get better than that. :)
A very generous offer that I am sure Bas will find impossible to refuse, Carlos

Carlos, Carc & a fellow Swannington S&M Crew friends
Ive honestly had and taken up worse offers.

Ive actually been to Partridgeland. Ive bought stuff from the mustard shop and even been to Roys of Wroxham ("the out of town shopping ex-peer-eee-ence")

Great guys and girls, Steve :P :gold: :fell:

See Bas, you're a better man than I. Never been to The Mustard Shop, not keen on mustard. Never been to Roy's of Wroxham, been passed it.

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

I went to Antalya and Istanbul in August

Absolutely loved it.

Antalya has amazing beaches, history

Istanbul was magical. Theres something very mystical about such a beautiful and romantic city.

Food was exceptional and people were very friendly

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Big anniversary arriving soon. Atlanta to New Orleans coming up
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Dinger

Post by Dinger »

Zambo wrote:Big anniversary arriving soon. Atlanta to New Orleans coming up
Going via Birmingham? 8)
Who goads the goaders?

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I'm thinking of going abroad to for a couple of days to see a Christmas msrket and have a few beers. I read Strasbourg is meant to have a good one. If not there maybe cologne or Tallinn.
MJInnocent

davidarthur

Post by davidarthur »

Zambo wrote:Big anniversary arriving soon. Atlanta to New Orleans coming up
Atlanta is a great place - not really thought of as a big city but from memory it's the 5 or 6th biggest city in the US. I also remember that they have loads of places called peach tree street. So if someone says something is on peach tree street make sue you get the right one.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Warden Rankin wrote:I went to Antalya and Istanbul in August

Absolutely loved it.

Istanbul was magical. Theres something very mystical about such a beautiful and romantic city.

With 4m Russians boycotting the country, it should be pretty cheap next year, Robert
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Warden Rankin wrote:I went to Antalya and Istanbul in August

Absolutely loved it.

With 4m Russians boycotting the country, it should be pretty cheap next year, Robert
I think I won't bother next year with the prospect of a possible kurdish uprising with Russian support.

Thinking of a baltic cruise next year

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

theleader82 wrote:I'm thinking of going abroad to for a couple of days to see a Christmas msrket and have a few beers. I read Strasbourg is meant to have a good one. If not there maybe cologne or Tallinn.
Strasbourg has an amazing cathedral.

Stay at one of the Holiday inn type places in the industrial/political part of town, there's no fucker there at the weekend so the hotel rooms are dirt cheap and the tram stops just outside.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

colinthewarriormonkey

I've booked yet again to go to one of my most favourite places in the whole world

Livigno in Italy

It's relentlessly pretty - the skiing is mostly very easy (I don't enjoy fighting my way down a mountain) The ski school is fabulous for the kids - they take them from 10 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon (even toddlers do a couple of hours in the morning with kindergrten for the rest of the day). The food is fantastic, I've never had a bad meal and we go to a different restaurant every night.

Oh, and it's Duty Free.

Bottles of the big name spitirs are about 7 euros, Fabulous bottles of prosecco for 4 euros - the most expensive main course I've eaten there was a surf and turf in a posh restaurant with half a lobster an a steak and it cost me 20 Euros.

Fantastic, I'd highly recommend it to anyone who fancies giving skiing a go.

Actually even if you don't like skiing you can take a cable car to the tob of the mountain and just adire the view with a nice meal and the local drink called a "Bombardino"

After a days skiing, we take the kids and relax in this wonderfully warm swimming pool and hot tub

Even getting there is cheap, return flights to Milan are about £60 on easy jet, you just hire a car and drive up Lake Como and you hit the mountains.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
theleader82 wrote:I'm thinking of going abroad to for a couple of days to see a Christmas msrket and have a few beers. I read Strasbourg is meant to have a good one. If not there maybe cologne or Tallinn.

Stay at one of the Holiday inn type places in the industrial/political part of town, there's no fucker there at the weekend so the hotel rooms are dirt cheap and the tram stops just outside.
I've been to bardonecchia in Italy past couple I years. A few people have recommended livigno though and it looks beautiful . France seems to expensive for skiing now, for me anyway. I was thinking of getting a cheap last minute deal to bansko to bulgaria if they have plenty of snow.
MJInnocent

colinthewarriormonkey

theleader82 wrote:

I've been to bardonecchia in Italy past couple I years. A few people have recommended livigno though and it looks beautiful . France seems to expensive for skiing now, for me anyway. I was thinking of getting a cheap last minute deal to bansko to bulgaria if they have plenty of snow.
Livigno is high so the snow lasts well into April, plus there is plenty of skiing to keep you busy for a week (115 km of piste), and the Mottolino mountain has all sorts of ramps, jumps, trails and even a big fuckoff airbag so you can launch yourelf off a ramp and land in it. If you do it yourelf and book flights on easy jet and hire a car you can do it as cheap as you want.

France just takes the piss, the last time I went it was a small place, it was fucking shit and ridiculously expensive (a beer was a tenner) you really had to go self catering, and that's not my thing at all. I want to experience the apres ski, I want to go to bars and restaurants - I don't want to fucking cook and clean in an appartment, so I had a pretty miserable time of it.

So how is bardonecchia - not heard of it before.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

theleader82 wrote:

Livigno is high so the snow lasts well into April, plus there is plenty of skiing to keep you busy for a week (115 km of piste), and the Mottolino mountain has all sorts of ramps, jumps, trails and even a big fuckoff airbag so you can launch yourelf off a ramp and land in it. If you do it yourelf and book flights on easy jet and hire a car you can do it as cheap as you want.

France just takes the piss, the last time I went it was a small place, it was fucking shit and ridiculously expensive (a beer was a tenner) you really had to go self catering, and that's not my thing at all. I want to experience the apres ski, I want to go to bars and restaurants - I don't want to fucking cook and clean in an appartment, so I had a pretty miserable time of it.

So how is bardonecchia - not heard of it before.
It's about one hour from Turin, quite near sauze d'oulx on the border with France. It's not massive but there's enough for my mediocre ability and the ski school is good. There isn't much après ski but there are a few nice bars and the food is excellent. I went to Austria once. I'd like t go there again one day.
MJInnocent

colinthewarriormonkey

I read a daily telegraph article about it, sounds promising, especially because it sounds like the place isn't crowded.

Livigno has some slopes that are wider than the M1, including a black run so even somone of my limited abilities can get down that one quite comfortably by traversing a lot.

It's about a 4 hour drive from Milan, but it's quite a nice drive, I like it. I break it up by stopping for lunch at the top of lake como and sitting outside just looking over the lake. Doing it under your own steam is definitely the way forward, we stay an extra night and come back on the Sunday meaning that we virtually have the whole ski area to ourselves on the Saturday, we made it from one end of the town to the other skiing with our then 5 year old and his older brothers, then went over to the mottolino so he could ski from the top of a mountain to the very bottom with no one in our way.

The Apres in Livigno is fabulous with more restaurants than you can shake a stick at, it is also home to Europes highest brewery and they make some great beers.

If I fance a change I'll head for bardonecchia, thanks for the tip.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Off tomorrow :)

phpBB [video]
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Portugal in sept on a stag do, the core want to play golf for 3 days. 3 of us are going on the piss for a week

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

henrycrs wrote:Portugal in sept on a stag do, the core want to play golf for 3 days. 3 of us are going on the piss for a week
What a bunch of atrocious twats!!

Worst stag do ever :rolleyes:
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I arrived in puglia southern Italy today. Here for 2 weeks. Never been to this part of Italy before
MJInnocent

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Enjoy, leader. Southern Italy, never been, Mike.

subsub

Post by subsub »

theleader82 wrote:I arrived in puglia southern Italy today. Here for 2 weeks. Never been to this part of Italy before
You'll love it.
Really good food and wine down there. Think they make most of the olive oil down there, too. Have a good'un :)
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

Reg

Post by Reg »

Been to southern Italy a few times.

Bewdiful.

Although Naples is one of those places where, even if you have grown up in London and feel relatively streetwise, you soon realise you are like a vulnerable country bumpkin.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Was thinking about Naples the other day. Sister's family's just gone to Italy, doing the usual, the Eternal City, Venice and Florence. They're also going to do Pompeii so have to go through Naples to get there. is it really as rough as fuck? The Cosa Nostra are finished aren't they?
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.