Chicago

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Zippy

Chicago

Post by Zippy »

Just returned from 10 days in the Windy City. Loved everything about it - even the -10 temperates :)

Anyone else been there?
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zambo

Re: Chicago

Post by Zambo »

Zippy wrote:Just returned from 10 days in the Windy City. Loved everything about it - even the -10 temperates :)

Anyone else been there?
Was there Sept 2013. Just two days unfortunately, at the start of Route 66 tour. Great City.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

Had a memorable night in a Chicago motel with two college girls (Courtney and Cortney) in 2001. \:D/ :smt118 :ANAL: =D>
All eyes and ears...

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Zippy wrote:Just returned from 10 days in the Windy City. Loved everything about it - even the -10 temperates :)

Anyone else been there?
Im a little disappointed you didnt start your post, "I just got back from the Windy City....."
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Same as my Mod mate Zambo, two days in November 2013. Loved it. Did Willis Tower, Soldier Field and Wrigley Field amongst other fun. Great city.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Anyone else been there?
Yes. For 6 hours while changing trains. Impressed also.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Roquetas wrote:Had a memorable night in a Chicago motel with two college girls (Courtney and Cortney) in 2001. \:D/ :smt118 :ANAL: =D>
more details please
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

paolo

Post by paolo »

Zambo wrote:

Anyone else been there?
Was there Sept 2013. Just two days unfortunately, at the start of Route 66 tour. Great City.
how long was the tour? what car did you do it in? would you do it again?
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

paolo wrote:
Zambo wrote:

Anyone else been there?
17 days, and was with a guided tour. I know they can be restrictive, and you have to move on with the schedule, but if I'm visiting places of interest I always opt for that type of holiday, because you always know you are going to see everything. Would definitely do it again, and 2nd time probably with a group of friends, so you could spend more time in the places you liked best. Route 66 in Arizona was my favourite because you got to see most of the old mother road.

The only things which put me off were detours to Las Vegas and Hollywood, would have liked to have forsaken that for more of the Route,

paolo

Post by paolo »

Zambo wrote:
paolo wrote:
Zambo wrote:

Anyone else been there?
17 days, and was with a guided tour. I know they can be restrictive, and you have to move on with the schedule, but if I'm visiting places of interest I always opt for that type of holiday, because you always know you are going to see everything. Would definitely do it again, and 2nd time probably with a group of friends, so you could spend more time in the places you liked best. Route 66 in Arizona was my favourite because you got to see most of the old mother road.

The only things which put me off were detours to Las Vegas and Hollywood, would have liked to have forsaken that for more of the Route,
I met a guy recently with the route 66 stickers on an old pontiac starchief, he was telling me about the good old days, and it got me looking.

I am planning a late spring trip down the oregon coast, maybe into california (old pet?) and perhaps in towards the grand canyon....i wondered about these organised trips, and whether the knowledge of the people running them is worth it as you get to see little gems....I would just have the wife and the camera

did you do it in an old vcar and did you return to where you started? were you in pre-planned rest stops for motels etc or did you use hotwire?

I know that old cars are grief, and I am torn, I have a modern 2 seat convertible, a modern estate car, and then the old stuff.....do the roads quieten out when off the main routes? I have the wildcat, suprememly comfortable, great cruiser, not slow, but is a fuel pig, the 911s targa, a bit rough and ready, and would handle the slog, or my 69 912 which is gorgeous, but I have not covered any mileage at all so not sure about reliability on it yet and it's only 100 bhp, so won't win any races.

were there any 'must see' stop offs on your trip towards the western side of the states?

I am trying to work out where to go, when to go, what car to take, what spares to take, even silly stuff like the last gas station as the older cars have smaller tanks...

just want sunshine, relaxed cruising and wind in the hair (and no breakdowns)

My trip would start at port angeles or peace arch
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Roquetas wrote:Had a memorable night in a Chicago motel with two college girls (Courtney and Cortney) in 2001. \:D/ :smt118 :ANAL: =D>
How much did that set you back??$$
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

paolo wrote:
Zambo wrote:
paolo wrote:
Zambo wrote:

Anyone else been there?

I met a guy recently with the route 66 stickers on an old pontiac starchief, he was telling me about the good old days, and it got me looking.

I am planning a late spring trip down the oregon coast, maybe into california (old pet?) and perhaps in towards the grand canyon....i wondered about these organised trips, and whether the knowledge of the people running them is worth it as you get to see little gems....I would just have the wife and the camera

did you do it in an old vcar and did you return to where you started? were you in pre-planned rest stops for motels etc or did you use hotwire?

I know that old cars are grief, and I am torn, I have a modern 2 seat convertible, a modern estate car, and then the old stuff.....do the roads quieten out when off the main routes? I have the wildcat, suprememly comfortable, great cruiser, not slow, but is a fuel pig, the 911s targa, a bit rough and ready, and would handle the slog, or my 69 912 which is gorgeous, but I have not covered any mileage at all so not sure about reliability on it yet and it's only 100 bhp, so won't win any races.

were there any 'must see' stop offs on your trip towards the western side of the states?

I am trying to work out where to go, when to go, what car to take, what spares to take, even silly stuff like the last gas station as the older cars have smaller tanks...

just want sunshine, relaxed cruising and wind in the hair (and no breakdowns)

My trip would start at port angeles or peace arch
It was a one way trip by coach. Booked through Cosmos with tour director. Mostly UK, USA and Aussies. Made one or two friends which we still keep in touch with. Couple coming over from Oz to visit in May. Chicago to Santa Monica, with scheduled overnight in hotels. Chicago, Springfield, St Louis, Branson, Oklahoma, Amarillo,
Albuquerque, Flagstaff, then went Grand Canyon, Vegas, LA.

As I said, west part was most interesting for me. Albuquerque - west. Places like Winslow, Acoma Sky City (Acoma Pueblo Indians still inhabit), Williams, Seligman were truly brilliant.

Reg

Post by Reg »

I've never been.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

kevin04 wrote:
The cost of a few drinks...

One of them killed herself a couple of years later, mind. Swings and roundabouts.
All eyes and ears...

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Roquetas wrote:
kevin04 wrote:
The cost of a few drinks...

One of them killed herself a couple of years later, mind. Swings and roundabouts.
Oh thats right, come in, light up the room, then leave. :lol:
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Just got in from the blowy city on the browneye up in back of me. NATIONAL GUARD Y'ALL
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019