The proud dad thread.

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Reg

Re: The proud dad thread.

Post by Reg »

Thursty wrote:
Reg wrote:
Sadact7 wrote:
m4 colin wrote:Funny that football thing I was exactly the same If I aimed a ball one way it always went somewhere else or sometimes Id miss it alltogether So teachers just ignored me no one bothered to try to teach me how to play football because your supposed to know arent you ?
Weird because I am very good at anything else that requires aiming, archery, darts, any kind of shooting,
Then in my mid fifties DING DING While playing ball with my dogs I discovered I am left footed......... with my left foot I can kick a ball accurately hard and far so much for sports masters useless cunts well its too fucking late now
when I think of all the unnecessary humiliations, rows, and fight's in my boyhood..........
How on Earth do you not know you're left footed? Is it not innate to kick with your stronger foot
I am right-footed, in that it feels right and instinctive, but I was playing one day and had some problem with my right leg and started using my left foot for long passes and shooting - and was better than with my right. :shock:

It felt weird, as if it wasn't actually my own foot doing the kicking.

After that, I used both feet.

Very strange.
Indeed. Sometimes I use my left hand, precisely because it feels like someone else is doing it.
:)

8)
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Reg wrote:
Sadact7 wrote:
m4 colin wrote:Funny that football thing I was exactly the same If I aimed a ball one way it always went somewhere else or sometimes Id miss it alltogether So teachers just ignored me no one bothered to try to teach me how to play football because your supposed to know arent you ?
Weird because I am very good at anything else that requires aiming, archery, darts, any kind of shooting,
Then in my mid fifties DING DING While playing ball with my dogs I discovered I am left footed......... with my left foot I can kick a ball accurately hard and far so much for sports masters useless cunts well its too fucking late now
when I think of all the unnecessary humiliations, rows, and fight's in my boyhood..........
How on Earth do you not know you're left footed? Is it not innate to kick with your stronger foot
I am right-footed, in that it feels right and instinctive, but I was playing one day and had some problem with my right leg and started using my left foot for long passes and shooting - and was better than with my right. :shock:

It felt weird, as if it wasn't actually my own foot doing the kicking.

After that, I used both feet.

Very strange.
So you were equally shit with your left foot?
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Sadact7 wrote:
It Might be something to do with being naturally left handed but being in the last generation physically forced to convert to the right hand.Today I am somewhat ambidextrous but bias toward the right hand. Whatever you would have thought at least one of the many sports teachers would have said "Now try with your other foot". None of them ever did, all I ever got was derision and mockery, Sports at the schools I went to were pretty much organized bullying anyway
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

shabbado wrote:My nine month old daughter has in the last month or so discovered the wonders of blowing rasberries.

Lift her out of her cot in the morning 'rassssssp' followed by a giggle and a smile, put her in her high chair for breakfast 'rassssssssssp' followed by the giggle and smile, put her on the floor to tend to her brother 'rasssp' 'rassp' 'rasssssssssssssp'

Yesterday however she excelled herself. On the change mat and she's rassssping away. She then proceeds to rasp and fart simultantionsly. I was awe struck :D
Fucking awesome - did she have that shocked look on her face that babies get?
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

colinthewarriormonkey

shabbado wrote:Colin,

Get your lad down to your local boxing club. It's a great way to both channel aggression and also learn how to defend himself.

If the club is any good they'll welcome your kid with open arms.

:oops: - Sorry should have read through the entire two pages before posting. I see you've already covered this with Carlos.

Following on from it being different with a punch bag to a real person, yesterday one of the bullies at school decided to pull my boys trousers down in the changing room, so he got a battering for his troubles in front of the other kids.

Fucking ace, the teacher broke it up - so it will be interesting to see what happened today when he gets home.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

blues4ever

Post by blues4ever »

m4 colin wrote:
colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:How about showing him a few Bruce Lee films to get him interested in martial arts.
Just tell him guard the Adam's apple, solar plexus and scrotum if he's attacked again.

We're on the Rocky films at the moment.

Raging Bull
Great film.
How are the dogs M4 ?

blues4ever

Post by blues4ever »

I was the same, but great at aiming and shooting, until I tried clays and couldn't hit a fucking thing.

It was then that the instructor found that my left eye was dominant (I used to wear an eye patch on my left eye whilst shooting as I found it hard to keep closed). So I shot left handed and was much improved.
I'm the same left eye dominant but shoot right handed !
Also left footed which was quite handy as I played left back !

Glad to hear your boy has sorted it out Colin, nothing worse than being a dad and seeing a situation where you want to jump in but think 'no they have to sort this ' I think he will enjoy himself in training whether it's boxing or martial arts, I did judo and karate as a kid, then a big gap and started wing chun with my eldest daughter,she dropped out at 16, then I trained again doing so mixed stuff including boxing.

Hope it's all sorted now.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

blues4ever wrote:
m4 colin wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:How about showing him a few Bruce Lee films to get him interested in martial arts.
Just tell him guard the Adam's apple, solar plexus and scrotum if he's attacked again.

We're on the Rocky films at the moment.

Raging Bull
Great film.
How are the dogs M4 ?
We are fine thank you We've just been out for a romp and as soon as their breathing returns to normal resting speed I'll feed them.
Nice of you to ask.

therealHJ

Post by therealHJ »

Get your lad down to your local boxing club. It's a great way to both channel aggression and also learn how to defend himself.

:oops: - Sorry should have read through the entire two pages before posting. I see you've already covered this with Carlos.

Following on from it being different with a punch bag to a real person, yesterday one of the bullies at school decided to pull my boys trousers down in the changing room, so he got a battering for his troubles in front of the other kids.

Fucking ace, the teacher broke it up - so it will be interesting to see what happened today when he gets home.
That's the way to handle bullies, hopefully the teachers saw sense?

My lad was bullied at school as he was quite skinny and wore glasses yet he always gave it a go even though he always lost. Years later one of the main protagonists had a go at him again, he didn't know in the intervening years he was now facing a commando.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Why'd your son want to fight his one time bully whilst not wearing underpants?
A joyless arsehole

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

therealHJ wrote:

My lad was bullied at school as he was quite skinny and wore glasses yet he always gave it a go even though he always lost. Years later one of the main protagonists had a go at him again, he didn't know in the intervening years he was now facing a commando.

Err..that would be an antagonist hj.

:roll:
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

therealHJ

Post by therealHJ »

notin kwestion wrote:
therealHJ wrote:

Err..that would be an antagonist hj.

I used the word protagonist because the said individual was very much the leading character of a group of bullies and was centre stage in this particular drama, he was in this instance a villain not a hero. It is a perfectly acceptable use of the word protagonist; my son was the antagonist even though he did not deliberately seek to start any trouble.

colinthewarriormonkey

therealHJ wrote:

Haha - fucking hell, I'd love to have seen the outcome of that.

:lol:
"The Cunt's Cunt."

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

therealHJ wrote:

Haha - fucking hell, I'd love to have seen the outcome of that.

:lol:
I hope your boy handed out some severe punishment ..............The bully has to be an absolute cunt of a bloke
Most people leave all that kind of crap behind when they leave school , after a couple of years even the worst of the bullies from my old school had started behaving more like humans

therealHJ

Post by therealHJ »

I understand it was swift and efficient :)