Howard Hughes

Posts regarding presenters and shows of yesterday
wentokradio

Howard Hughes

Post by wentokradio »

Possibly the nicest bloke to have ever presented a show on 'Talksport', he still has his ever-growing and highly fascinating (if at times ridiculous apropos guests) podcast on itunes and here:

http://theunexplained.tv

Howard's had a bit of a crap year. Both his parents died and he had a thin patch, jobswise, in the middle of the year. He is the polar opposite of Gaunt in every fucking way possible and he deserves support.
"I was upstairs feeding the animal... "

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Re: Howard Hughes

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

I am a regular listener! It is fantastic stuff. I'm still catching up and have got as far as about #130. On one of the shows, he plays extracts from an old Talksport show, complete with Mediumwave crackle and warble. He refers to the station now and again but never by name. I have similar deep-seated issues on that front.

If memory serves, TS dumped The Unexplained for that harrowing Saturday night quiz thing with Rhodri whatever his name was. :x
You ARE Rodney Bewes

wentokradio

Post by wentokradio »

Rainbowmonkey HD wrote:I am a regular listener! It is fantastic stuff. I'm still catching up and have got as far as about #130. On one of the shows, he plays extracts from an old Talksport show, complete with Mediumwave crackle and warble. He refers to the station now and again but never by name. I have similar deep-seated issues on that front.

If memory serves, TS dumped The Unexplained for that harrowing Saturday night quiz thing with Rhodri whatever his name was. :x
Yes, a disgrace. Howard was too good for them - plus Howard, forever a Scouser and a gentleman, couldn't work for that reptile Kelvin McKenzie.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Kept washing his hands
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

TGOAH 20K wrote:Kept washing his hands

Think Brazil guzzling the bottles of urine Howard left around, was the last straw.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Shagged the most birds in "the That"
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I preferred Talk Wrestling with Alex Shane.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

to be honest i got really fed up with him banging on about that massive seaplane he was planning to build.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

shivah

Post by shivah »

wentokradio wrote:
Rainbowmonkey HD wrote:I am a regular listener! It is fantastic stuff. I'm still catching up and have got as far as about #130. On one of the shows, he plays extracts from an old Talksport show, complete with Mediumwave crackle and warble. He refers to the station now and again but never by name. I have similar deep-seated issues on that front.

Yes, a disgrace. Howard was too good for them - plus Howard, forever a Scouser and a gentleman, couldn't work for that reptile Kelvin McKenzie.
Mick Quinn, Alvin Martin, both could then? Take the dollars from Kelvin?
"Couldn't happen to a better bigot" - Pete Prrrrrrrrrrrrodge

"You carry on son everythgin is being printed for my case" - Gawntee

https://www.chirbit.com/grunty

wentokradio

Post by wentokradio »

shivah wrote:
wentokradio wrote:

Mick Quinn, Alvin Martin, both could then? Take the dollars from Kelvin?
... Yes, apparently.

Howard Hughes seeking donations to expand his podcast brand. A possibly futile endeavour but, again, for all the ex-pressennah cnuts we blether about it might be nice to help one of the goodies. See http://www.theunexplained.tv for details.

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

I remember this thread and this is still often a brilliant show, certainly never boring. HH has been asking, on and off, for donations in the intros on his podcasts for about 3 years. He 'ffectively makes it as a hobby and I'd say it should get back onto Talksport but after one mood crippling plug for Matchday Live Norwich v West Ham I'd be longing for the podcast to return.
You ARE Rodney Bewes