So I voted for....

A place to discuss the shambles that is the UK General Election 2015 - free and open discussion for all!!
Ralph
Forum Admin

Re: So I voted for....

Post by Ralph »

Ralph wrote:
the rotary club wrote:Why would the percentage matter - it's all about bums on seats Shirley?

If it becomes an argument about 'legitimacy' % of the vote will become an issue. But I agree in practical terms bums on seats is the most important thing.
Just to be clear "is the most important thing" = In reality the only thing that matters. Still, can't do any harm to to boost the Labour % :D

I'm still pessimistic about the result. I think people are getting ahead of themselves talking about progressive coalitions. Hope I'm wrong.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

They let me vote! The fools! :D

In spite of my electoral identity card being 2 years out of date, that and the voting card were deemed sufficient and they said thats fine. But dont panic, as the integrity of our electoral process has not been compromised by me, at least. The traditional spoilt ballot followed.
Though i did feel a bit guilty as they let me in, so I refrained from the usual profanity.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

Labour ,I live In Alan Johnsons seat
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Basualdo wrote:They let me vote! The fools! :D

In spite of my electoral identity card being 2 years out of date, that and the voting card were deemed sufficient and they said thats fine. But dont panic, as the integrity of our electoral process has not been compromised by me, at least. The traditional spoilt ballot followed.
Though i did feel a bit guilty as they let me in, so I refrained from the usual profanity.
What choice of parties did you have?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

The usual piss poor NI parties of either stripe and wishy washy hand wringers in between plus the Tories and UKIP. About 10 or 12 to choose from. Though were not in a marginal by any means.
We've an independent Unionist MP, who will probably walk it again, i would have been tempted to vote for her in the past as shes a bit mad, but about 6 or 7 years ago when the place i worked in was taken over by asset strippers, she refused to meet anyone from the factory to hear us out, so she can go fuck herself with a barbed wire dildo, the raddled oul gold digging hoor.

EDIT : This lot of ne'erdowells, chancers, hallions and dateless wonders.

https://yournextmp.com/constituency/66136/north-down/
Proud Gammon

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Basualdo wrote:The usual piss poor NI parties of either stripe and wishy washy hand wringers in between plus the Tories and UKIP. About 10 or 12 to choose from. Though were not in a marginal by any means.
We've an independent Unionist MP, who will probably walk it again, i would have been tempted to vote for her in the past as shes a bit mad, but about 6 or 7 years ago when the place i worked in was taken over by asset strippers, she refused to meet anyone from the factory to hear us out, so she can go fuck herself with a barbed wire dildo, the raddled oul gold digging hoor.
Genuinely don't know who I'd vote for if I lived in NI.

Are there any left wing unionists who want the NI Assembly to succeed I could vote for?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Ralph wrote:
Basualdo wrote:The usual piss poor NI parties of either stripe and wishy washy hand wringers in between plus the Tories and UKIP. About 10 or 12 to choose from. Though were not in a marginal by any means.

Are there any left wing unionists who want the NI Assembly to succeed I could vote for?
The mad cow who is MP at the minute, Sylvia Hermon, is an independent Unionist who takes the Labour whip. Also she votes with Labour too.
Proud Gammon

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Ralph wrote:

Looking at your avatar you'd be fucked as The National Front or BNP don't usually field a candidate in NI.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

m4rkb wrote:
Ralph wrote:

Looking at your avatar you'd be fucked as The National Front or BNP don't usually field a candidate in NI.
:?

Don't think anyone reading my posts could mistake me for a BNP supporter.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Not everyone on here might read them. They might just like looking at the avatars. :lol:

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Basualdo wrote:
Ralph wrote:

The mad cow who is MP at the minute, Sylvia Hermon, is an independent Unionist who takes the Labour whip. Also she votes with Labour too.
:D

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

If anyone is interested, which you obviously arent, but anyway I predict for the North Down constituency that Sylvia Hermon, Independent Unionist elected with a majority of about 4 or 5 thousand. DUP and Alliance jostling for second, with the DUP edging it.
The rest nowhere. Sinn Fein lucky to get 300 votes. Turnout 55% or so.

You heard it here first. 8)
Proud Gammon

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Ralf r u a bnp supporter
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Ralf r u a bnp supporter
Sympathiser!

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Ralph wrote:
the rotary club wrote:Why would the percentage matter - it's all about bums on seats Shirley?

If it becomes an argument about 'legitimacy' % of the vote will become an issue. But I agree in practical terms bums on seats is the most important thing.
Pretty obvious why RC is making that point.

NB - I voted green
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Purely tactical I presume Roy?

There's a lot of it about in this election.

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

I used to live in the safest Labour seat in the country.

I haven't voted today though.

I actually can't vote, I suspect.
All eyes and ears...

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

m4rkb wrote:Purely tactical I presume Roy?

Sorry m4rk, - a poor attempt at humour, - I'd gnaw off my right hand before voting green.
E & OE

the rotary club

Post by the rotary club »

Roy Twing wrote:

Sorry m4rk, - a poor attempt at humour, - I'd gnaw off my right hand before voting green.
:oops: :lol:
Roger Dodger, you ol' codger.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

...and I'd gnaw off every other appendage before voting for the odious party.
E & OE

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Roquetas wrote:I used to live in the safest Labour seat in the country.

I haven't voted today though.

I actually can't vote, I suspect.
I used to live in the second safest Labour seat in the country, Blaenau Gwent.
And no, i am not guilty of helping them keep that title.
Though i did meet our MP Michael Foot a couple of times, and not when he was canvassing either. Though there was no way i would have voted for him, he was a thoroughly pleasant and decent old cove. I think his mind was wandering slightly by then, though the second time i met him he recognised me and greeted me by name. Not exactly a great feat as i was probably the only Ulsterman living in the valley at the time.
The cunt who followed him when he retired was a lying vicious piece of shit though.
Proud Gammon

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

the rotary club wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:

:oops: :lol:
Voting green is a good choice. A wasted vote if ever there was one, and most likely from a ex-Labour voter reconsidering his options.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Made it at 2145 and greeted by three bored women, not worthy of asking for a post-election pint. As per, Labour. Interested how the Class War candidate will do and whether Greens will take second here.
EDIT : This lot of ne'erdowells, chancers, hallions and dateless wonders.
https://yournextmp.com/constituency/66136/north-down/
Glenn Donnelly of 'Cannabis is Safer than Alcohol' would be a ponderer if I lived in North Down. :weedman:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

birdie

Post by birdie »

As long as you are on the electoral roll you don't need a voting card, all you have to do is tell them your name and address, they take your word, after all, we are supposed to be honest, they checked you against the electoral roll didn't they?( of course the did), so no problem.
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

birdie wrote:

As long as you are on the electoral roll you don't need a voting card, all you have to do is tell them your name and address, they take your word, after all, we are supposed to be honest, they checked you against the electoral roll didn't they?( of course the did), so no problem.
Different over here, Birdie. No photo no vote. Of course it very much depends on where you live. In certain areas its Election day not Halloween when the dead walk the earth.
Proud Gammon