Farage torpedoes himself

A place to discuss the shambles that is the UK General Election 2015 - free and open discussion for all!!
Hillman avenger

Farage torpedoes himself

Post by Hillman avenger »

Remarkable last night.

When Farage couldn't get any traction with his arguments re housing/immigrants he lost it, and in one go accused the rest of them and the audience of being out of touch. He is so obsessed with his belief that he, and he alone, represents the common man, that when he gets push back he can't handle it.

He made things worse by then accusing the BBC of fixing the audience. Dimbleby promptly shredded him. It's the same delusion that Twing and others on here have- they think they know the score and anyone who disagrees must be part of a conspiracy.

The BBC hired a third party to construct an audience representative of party support, age, etc. This was part of the approach the broadcasters agreed,

If Farage had done his homework he'd have known that. He seems unable to comprehend that people might see different ways to solve our problems. He is on the way down.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Sadact7

Re: Farage torpedoes himself

Post by Sadact7 »

He made a total twat of himself.

And when you're in a room with Ed Miliband and any SNP candidate then that is a hell of an achievement.
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Hillman avenger wrote:He made things worse by then accusing the BBC of fixing the audience. Dimbleby promptly shredded him. It's the same delusion that Twing and others on here have- they think they know the score and anyone who disagrees must be part of a conspiracy..
Dimbleby serves the BBC diktat and is happy aboard the gravy train , paid by BBC tax.
But I take it you like the conspiracy of UKIP being a racist party.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Hillman avenger wrote:Remarkable last night.

When Farage couldn't get any traction with his arguments re housing/immigrants he lost it, and in one go accused the rest of them and the audience of being out of touch. He is so obsessed with his belief that he, and he alone, represents the common man, that when he gets push back he can't handle it.

He made things worse by then accusing the BBC of fixing the audience. Dimbleby promptly shredded him. It's the same delusion that Twing and others on here have- they think they know the score and anyone who disagrees must be part of a conspiracy.

The BBC hired a third party to construct an audience representative of party support, age, etc. This was part of the approach the broadcasters agreed,

If Farage had done his homework he'd have known that. He seems unable to comprehend that people might see different ways to solve our problems. He is on the way down.
He was hoping to make the lame 'BBC audience is biased against me' point without being picked up. Unfortunately for him the audience was chosen by MORI not the BBC & Dimbleby said so.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

The key phrase there is 'party support'.
Even if the audience were representative of party support, - that mean that 80% at least were raving left wingers and bound to be hostile to farage.
I agree he didn't do himself any favours, but the audience should have been selected as a cross section of the political spectrum, not partisanship.

As to supposed delusions, - I have been proven right on so many issues over the years, so it is hardly delusional to state that your mindset doggedly buries its head in the sand.
E & OE

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:He made things worse by then accusing the BBC of fixing the audience. Dimbleby promptly shredded him. It's the same delusion that Twing and others on here have- they think they know the score and anyone who disagrees must be part of a conspiracy..
Dimbleby serves the BBC diktat and is happy aboard the gravy train , paid by BBC tax.
But I take it you like the conspiracy of UKIP being a racist party.
Nigel Farage is never off the BBC. The idea he gets treated badly by them or they're conspiring against him is just daft.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

MORI is a bbc lapdog. That said, farage jizzed himself early and is now dead. Roll on the end of this braying prickfest (the election and you giggly d&d nerds)
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

al growler

Post by al growler »

Farage didn't need to torpedo himself, UKIPs policies and promises are unachievable, despite the fact that a large percentage of the electorate think that they are commonsense. (I think it's something like £40b unachievable).

The audience were again obviously handpicked by the left wing biased BBC, and again that left a sour taste, despite Dimbletwat trying to bumble on about a fair quotas.

The Tories have failed in nearly every area, yesterdays fight for school places again reminded us of their incompetence.

The Labour Party are also riddled with halfwits, can you image Milliband in No 10 and Ball is No 11. A frightening prospect.

The above tail of doom is depressing, but I'm afraid everyone needs to suck it up, because whatever happens come the election result we are in the shit.

Not that bad though, when you think about those poor bastards drowned trying to find a better life. Sometimes we need to get things in perspective.
It's a dull man who can only spell a word one way

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Roy Twing wrote:

Even if the audience were representative of party support, - that mean that 80% at least were raving left wingers and bound to be hostile to farage.
I agree he didn't do himself any favours, but the audience should have been selected as a cross section of the political spectrum, not partisanship.

As to supposed delusions, - I have been proven right on so many issues over the years, so it is hardly delusional to state that your mindset doggedly buries its head in the sand.
Let's be honest. However they selected the audience the kippers would be complaining about non existent left wing bias. Farage embarrassingly got his facts wrong. The audience wasn't selected by the BBC but by a polling company. Presummably Farage agreed to this when he signed up to the debates.

If the audience weren't against him before they would be after he starting insulting them.

Dr David Starkey

Post by Dr David Starkey »

All in all, a great night for the Tories. The killer moment was when Sturgeon said to Ed 'I can make you PM'. You could almost hear Labour's vote in England shrinking.
Blood in your poo?

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:

Let's be honest. However they selected the audience the kippers would be complaining about non existent left wing bias. Farage embarrassingly got his facts wrong. The audience wasn't selected by the BBC but by a polling company. Presummably Farage agreed to this when he signed up to the debates.
No he didn't - he was absolutely correct - whether the BBC selected the audience, or whether someone else selected them on the instructions of the BBC, it amounts to the same thing - they were selected based upon the profiles of the parties present ie., 80% left wing, which is not representative of the country - thank god.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Dr David Starkey wrote:All in all, a great night for the Tories. The killer moment was when Sturgeon said to Ed 'I can make you PM'. You could almost hear Labour's vote in England shrinking.
We can only hope.
The least worst likely outcome is a tory government, preferably with some influence from ukip.
E & OE

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Dr David Starkey wrote:All in all, a great night for the Tories. The killer moment was when Sturgeon said to Ed 'I can make you PM'. You could almost hear Labour's vote in England shrinking.
:D

Cameron (& Clegg) not showing up was a dreadful miscalculation/blunder. The Tories are running a campaign as if they're 10pts ahead & cruising to victory, not fighting for every seat. Farage had a wobble & Cameron wasn't there to capitalise. Farage's performance will be forgotten. Cameron not turning up won't be.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:

No he didn't - he was absolutely correct - whether the BBC selected the audience, or whether someone else selected them on the instructions of the BBC, it amounts to the same thing - they were selected based upon the profiles of the parties present ie., 80% left wing, which is not representative of the country - thank god.
Everybody's biased against UKIP. The BBC, polling companies & no doubt the public on May 7th.

the rotary club

Post by the rotary club »

Roy Twing wrote: I have been proven right on so many issues over the years, so it is hardly delusional to state that your mindset doggedly buries its head in the sand.
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
Roger Dodger, you ol' codger.

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Ralph wrote:

Cameron (& Clegg) not showing up was a dreadful miscalculation/blunder. The Tories are running a campaign as if they're 10pts ahead & cruising to victory, not fighting for every seat. Farage had a wobble & Cameron wasn't there to capitalise. Farage's performance will be forgotten. Cameron not turning up won't be.
Clegg wasn't allowed to go on by the BBC

He wanted to do it and seemed quite pissed off they wouldn't let him
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
Ralph wrote:

Didn't complain very loudly before the debate did he. He's claiming victim status now the debate is over.

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Ralph wrote:
Ralph wrote:

Didn't complain very loudly before the debate did he. He's claiming victim status now the debate is over.
I heard him yesterday morning on LBC
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

9 to 5

Post by 9 to 5 »

the rotary club wrote:
Roy Twing wrote: I have been proven right on so many issues over the years, so it is hardly delusional to state that your mindset doggedly buries its head in the sand.
This is why I kept coming back on here, you can't find comedy like this anywhere else! :lol:

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Ralph wrote:Nigel Farage is never off the BBC. The idea he gets treated badly by them or they're conspiring against him is just daft.
You can't have a bullfight without inviting the bull .
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

9 to 5 wrote:
the rotary club wrote:
This is why I kept coming back on here, you can't find comedy like this anywhere else! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: He was whineging earlier in the week that everyone who used to argue with him has fucked off or got bored. He's back again!!
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Ralph wrote:
Ralph wrote:

Do you listen to LBC, Colin?

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

kancutlawns wrote:

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Sadact7 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
What's the purpose of that image? Are you goading outside F&G? I asked him a question, why you need to get involved I really don't know.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

"I heard him on LBC"

"Do you listen to LBC?"

:lol: