Farage torpedoes himself

A place to discuss the shambles that is the UK General Election 2015 - free and open discussion for all!!
The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: Farage torpedoes himself

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Sadact7 wrote:
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Was it a chocolate torpedo in his undercrackers?
White chocolate
phpBB [video]
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

cahill

Post by cahill »

Miliband must have had a good debate (that's "debate") because the Daily Fail's going apoplectic this morning.

Farage "BBC left wing bias", that old chestnut. He'll be wearing a purple shell track suit and calling himself David Ike next

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

Roy Twing wrote:
Dr David Starkey wrote:All in all, a great night for the Tories. The killer moment was when Sturgeon said to Ed 'I can make you PM'. You could almost hear Labour's vote in England shrinking.
We can only hope.
The least worst likely outcome is a tory government, preferably with some influence from ukip.
Deluded fuckwits of the forum unite, I see...

Four years ago they were bigging up the BNP and now look at them.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

al growler

Post by al growler »

black_guardian wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Dr David Starkey wrote:All in all, a great night for the Tories. The killer moment was when Sturgeon said to Ed 'I can make you PM'. You could almost hear Labour's vote in England shrinking.
We can only hope.
The least worst likely outcome is a tory government, preferably with some influence from ukip.
Deluded fuckwits of the forum unite, I see...

Four years ago they were bigging up the BNP and now look at them.
Who have you united with then. The deluded brainwashed fuckwits who support any of the other parties?
It's a dull man who can only spell a word one way

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Hillman avenger wrote:There is no evidence that Mori is "the BBC's lapdog".
Roy Twing wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
:D

All this conspiratorial bollocks. Farage got it wrong. The end.
No he didn't.

He said it was a BBC audience when it had been selected by the polling company MORI. Nidge made a mistake. It's not treason to acknowledge that & move on.
Was the BBC forced by an outside authority to use a polling company?

But that is a trivial aside in any event, - unless that is all that you meant when you said Farage got it wrong, in which case, can we take it from that that you agree with him that it was a biased audience?
An outside authority? :D

I'm guessing how the audience was selected was agreed when the debates were being negotiated between the parties & the broadcasters. I assume Sky News or whoever didn't just let people wander in off the street & had a similar arrangement.
Contrary to what is frequently alleged, the audiences for this and QT are selected through a process to get a balanced group.
You can't just walk in off the street- that way any pressure group or party could swamp a programme.
In this case in addition to the usual BBC process, the broadcasters agreed in advance how they would do this sort of thing.
Yes, UKIP would have been aware of that, but Farage ( with good reason) doesn't trust his followers so he probably didn't pay attention.
I thought it was particularly telling that the person asking a question about immigration- which looked like an open goal for Farage- was black.
Twing and co must really underestimate the BBC, if he thinks they would fiddle the audience and get away with it.
I know there is an obsession within UKIP that the media is out to get them, having heard about it on Tuesday night from Nuttall. All that is really happening is that they are getting the sort of attention the established parties have had for years.
Farage really looked bad last night.
We all know how the BBC selects audiences hillman (I've actually been through the process and it is fair to say that the liberal luvvies ticking their boxes really do try to be unbiased from their liberal luvvie perspectives).
In this specific case however (and whoever actually carried out the selection) Dimbleby himself stated that the audience was representative of the parties present, NOT the country as a whole, - in other words, 80% left-wing, - which is why Farage made the point that the real audience was at home watching the TV.
Where does left wing even come into British politics these days?

al growler

Post by al growler »

mark wrote:Where does left wing even come into British politics these days?
You won't have to wait too long if we get a Lab/SNP set up. They will soon come flooding in.
It's a dull man who can only spell a word one way

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Sadact7 wrote:
colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
I heard him yesterday morning on LBC
Do you listen to LBC, Colin?
No - I was tuned in to Kiss FM when I heard him talking on LBC

:roll:
:smt044
Damn that new DAB radio.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

mark wrote:
Sadact7 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:

:roll:
:smt044
Damn that new DAB radio.
I've heard it being mooted that analogue will be switched off and replaced solely by DAB. In my car, every time I go past a bloody toddler it seems to lose service
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

mark wrote: Where does left wing even come into British politics these days?
It is a difficult one to define, but I'd say that the 4 other parties represented at that debate were certainly in that category, with labour being probably the least left wing.
My usual (infallible) method of identifying left wing though, is 'any party I really can't abide'. :wink:
E & OE

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

mark wrote:
Sadact7 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote: