The 2015 General Election Thread

A place to discuss the shambles that is the UK General Election 2015 - free and open discussion for all!!
Lord Notin Kwestion

Re: The 2015 General Election Thread

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Roy Twing wrote:
NorthBank wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Don't be deflecting, Twing. UKIP?
Why would I deflect, J? UKIP look like getting the 3rd largest number of votes in the UK.
Yet only 1 seat in Parliament. They wanted to change the face of British politics and have to settle for Clacton instead. Adolf Farage falls on his sword later. Who is going to replace him? Mel Gibson is the bookmakers' favourite.
UKIP has the 3rd largest number of voters milhouse, - ahead of the SNP & Libdems, - what's not to like?
Losing your leader?

:lol:
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Just been on Matt Fordes twitter.

Matt FordeVerified account
‏@mattforde 14 years ago I was at the count for NickforBroxtowe

Thats the constituency I'm in. :lol:

NorthBank

Post by NorthBank »

Clarence Mitchell's terrible effort at convincing the public what he says is to be trusted continues. Lost to the Green Party. Of course, even though the results are in Clarence will probably try and convince us all that the contest is still alive.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Roy Twing wrote:
NorthBank wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Don't be deflecting, Twing. UKIP?
Why would I deflect, J? UKIP look like getting the 3rd largest number of votes in the UK.
Yet only 1 seat in Parliament. They wanted to change the face of British politics and have to settle for Clacton instead. Adolf Farage falls on his sword later. Who is going to replace him? Mel Gibson is the bookmakers' favourite.
UKIP has the 3rd largest number of voters milhouse, - ahead of the SNP & Libdems, - what's not to like?
Ahead of the LibDems. Cheer on, a party destroyed utterly. SNP, cheer on, they only stood in 59 seats. What a queer comparison. Let's talk pro rata raw numbers later. Sadly I may have to sleep before seeing Farage get fucked off. :(

You are better than this Roy. Not much, but you are. :roll:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Esther McVey. Bye.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Labour supporters crowing over UKIPs poor showing is really a desperate stuff after their caning in chilly Jockland (get well soon, Greavsie).
It reminds me of the suicide squad in life of Brian who after running in and plunging their own swords into themselves leave a bused looking Roman patrol at Brian's crucifixion and whose leaders dying words are, "Well that showed them, huh?"
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Absolute crap bloody day!
I can see why some people turn to the beer.

NorthBank

Post by NorthBank »

Basualdo wrote:Labour supporters crowing over UKIPs poor showing is really a desperate stuff after their can ing in chilly Jockolsnd ) get well soon, Greavsie).
It reminds me of the suicide squad in life of Brian who after tunning in and plunging their own swords into themselves leave a bused looking Roman patrol at Brian's crucifixion and whose leaders dying words are, "Well that showed them, huh?"
Everyone tries to spin things but the truth is unless you're SNP or Conservative, you got a right arse fucking in this election. NONE of the other parties have even met modest expectations, most of them have been absolutely crushed into oblivion. It's an utter failure for everyone except the Tories and SNP.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

NorthBank wrote:Clarence Mitchell's terrible effort at convincing the public what he says is to be trusted continues. Lost to the Green Party. Of course, even though the results are in Clarence will probably try and convince us all that the contest is still alive.
:) NB. Clarry Mitchell. Spokesperson of the McCann's. Utter scum, a liar and a cunt, propagator of many socalled sightings and pseudo police press conferences, fucked off by the good people of Brighton Pavilion.

See this shite of a liar in action, thinking he's in some offical duty. 1.27. "However, for strict operational reasons, the investigators or I will not be divulging any detail of what was said by the witness to the woman." talking about 'Posh Spice' lookalike in Barcelona:

phpBB [video]

And more here: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/posh-spi ... 98421.html

So what happened to Posh Spice lookalike? Some innocent Australian women were targetted by the British press, meeja coverage, names slated, all of course innocent, and left to pick up the pieces alone as per many Clarry sightings. True cunt.

NorthBank

Post by NorthBank »

Another former McCann alum Esther McVey loses too. Being associated with that case doesn't seem to be doing anyone any favours with the public.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Our own GEORGIE may get her collar felt. Let's hope it's before tomorrow morning's show.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

NorthBank wrote:
Basualdo wrote:Labour supporters crowing over UKIPs poor showing is really a desperate stuff after their can ing in chilly Jockolsnd ) get well soon, Greavsie).
It reminds me of the suicide squad in life of Brian who after tunning in and plunging their own swords into themselves leave a bused looking Roman patrol at Brian's crucifixion and whose leaders dying words are, "Well that showed them, huh?"
Everyone tries to spin things but the truth is unless you're SNP or Conservative, you got a right arse fucking in this election. NONE of the other parties have even met modest expectations, most of them have been absolutely crushed into oblivion. It's an utter failure for everyone except the Tories and SNP.
Indeed, NB, and fair play the SNP, remember as per, when doing Politics 'A' level they sent down south the most free shite out of all the nationaliist parties, SF in second, so always liked them. If Bas is referring to me, as not many others have posted on labour voters crowing over UKIP, which I did not, then old friend, you are wrong.

Labour took a little beating, Miliband was always weak link. Labour will come and rise again, see 1979-1997. UKIP, this was their glory, their chance of change, the outsider getting inside (notwithstanding all the coin the MEPs have taken) and then what?

It wasn't hard, protest votes in bye-elections never equate to general elections, and however many voters they got, thankfully there are still more of the GBP who are not stupid and voted against them. Farage will go, UKIP will implode. It ain't hard.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Reckless lost. :)

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

NorthBank wrote:Another former McCann alum Esther McVey loses too. Being associated with that case doesn't seem to be doing anyone any favours with the public.
Mentioned earlier hours old friend. :)

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Balls gone.

NorthBank

Post by NorthBank »

Balls just dropped

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Carlos J wrote:Balls gone.
Devastating :mrgreen:
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Bookies install Chuka as 3rd favourite to take over as Labour Leader. 8-[
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

ccreds wrote:Absolute crap bloody day!
I'm sure Nigel will be happy to share a pint with you. :wink:

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Again, old Nick Robinson. was there with me last evening and still now. But I'm a healthy young chap, he is not and getting huskier. Let him sleep, BBC.

So, good morning and good night morning election fans. Sleep calls and 6pm wake up beers.

NorthBank

Post by NorthBank »

I live on the Gower which has been Labour since 1906 and as per the election result is now Conservative. Be interesting to see if anything changes. The only thing I want to change at the moment is for people to stop using terms like 'Austerity', 'Immigration' and 'First Past the Post System'. Fuck off!

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Brian May on TV now. Says he feels sad, and that it is a disastrous day for the poor.

Cunt. :D

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Well, last post.
Carlos J on Fri May 08, 2015 4:04 am wrote:Thought I had posted this a couple of months back. Humphrys' take on my previous town and it's role in the election for a Panorama show. A mildly interesting article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ction.html
Lowestoft may not be the first town you’d choose to look for hope.
Politically it’s fascinating, because it’s one of those bellwether constituencies much loved by political nerds.For 30 years, the party that has won Lowestoft has won Westminster.

But, if the polls are to be believed, this election might be the one that breaks the mould.
Firstly, and a decent sub-editor should have sorted this, the constituency covers Lowestoft and other towns but is actually called Waveney. :roll: Fucking journos.

2010 result:
Conservative Peter Aldous 20,571
Labour Bob Blizzard 19,802
Liberal Democrat Alan Dean 6,811
UKIP Jack Tyler 2,684
Green Graham Elliott 1,167
NOTA Louis Barfe 106
Majority 769
Anyway, so what of now, BBC East:
02:53
It is not looking like a good night for Labour in the east.

We are hearing that the Conservatives' hopes are up in Ipswich and Waveney is too tight to call. Although Labour is still confident in Bedford, other Labour targets like Northampton North and Milton Keynes South could be a step too far on a night where it appears the tide could be blue not red.
Around 5.30am for announcement. My now Norwich South within the hour apparently.
So that bellwether seems correct:

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
ccreds wrote:Absolute crap bloody day!
I'm sure Nigel will be happy to share a pint with you. :wink:
I'm not that desperate mate. :D

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Looking at the % of the vote won and the number of votes per party v No seats, it's clear that the current system is an absolute farce.

Needs looking into and sorting.

The party with the most votes should run the country, with the No of MPs pro rata'd

It's black and white as of course most things are.