The 2015 General Election Thread

A place to discuss the shambles that is the UK General Election 2015 - free and open discussion for all!!
genehunt1973

Re: The 2015 General Election Thread

Post by genehunt1973 »

Sadact7 wrote:
Minisooms wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
Minisooms wrote:Good read :) well done those that stayed the distance , would liked to have joined you but a bit too much jizz flying about :P
You what?!!! :shock:
At your place?
Do you know Gene Hunt then?
I've come to the conclusion that Carlos is this forums perv , fannyrat ,rake ,I could go on :) no offence btw .Gene I'm not so familiar with
Gene makes Carlos look like Roy Cropper
Damn right 8) :dog: :fell: :wnk: :gold:
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

subsub

Post by subsub »

Roy Twing wrote:UKIP has the 3rd largest number of voters milhouse, - ahead of the SNP & Libdems, - what's not to like?
BWAHAHAHAAHAGHAGAHHAHAHA!!!!

You must be fuming. Ukip start the night with two MPs, end up with one, the party leader loses his election then resigns.

The beginning of the end of this nasty little racist party :D
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

All things considered, a fairly satisfying election result. Not only is the odious party not in power (my number one concern) but my local seat (until 2010 a solid labour one) remains tory.
Farage will be back later in the year to keep the pressure on the tories to deliver a referendum, so all’s well with the world.
E & OE

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Anyone seen Ralph and The Tick since last night. I do hope they haven't gone and done anything stupid, like renewing Labour party membership.
'I say if the flats aren't good enough for you, why don't you f... off back to Somalia' .........Jon Gaunt

ilk59

Post by ilk59 »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:The Unions picked the wrong brother in 2010 against the wishes of the party members, MP's and MEP's.
For the avoidance of ambiguity, union members were what swung it for Ed. By members, that is anyone who was member of a union that was affiliated to the Labour party.

Although, from your overtly biased position, I can see why you would present the facts like you did.
The extent to which propaganda shapes the progress of affairs about us may surprise even well informed persons. Nevertheless, it is only necessary to look under the surface of the newspaper for a hint as to propaganda's authority over public opinion.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Roy Twing wrote:All things considered, a fairly satisfying election result. Not only is the odious party not in power (my number one concern) but my local seat (until 2010 a solid labour one) remains tory.
Farage will be back later in the year to keep the pressure on the tories to deliver a referendum, so all’s well with the world.
Very slim majority though isn't it. Even though they did slightly better than in 2010 this government is in a much more precarious position because the Lib Dems aren't there to prop them up. Will certainly make parliament much more interesting for the next 5(?) years.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Labour will struggle to get a majority again
After what's happened in Scotland . I can see scotland having
Another independence referendum within the next 5 years . Labour have lost a lot of voters to ukip as they feel labour no longer represents them.
MJInnocent

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

ilk59 wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:The Unions picked the wrong brother in 2010 against the wishes of the party members, MP's and MEP's.
For the avoidance of ambiguity, union members were what swung it for Ed. By members, that is anyone who was member of a union that was affiliated to the Labour party.

Although, from your overtly biased position, I can see why you would present the facts like you did.
No attempt to influence, no siree

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... leadership
'I say if the flats aren't good enough for you, why don't you f... off back to Somalia' .........Jon Gaunt

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:All things considered, a fairly satisfying election result. Not only is the odious party not in power (my number one concern) but my local seat (until 2010 a solid labour one) remains tory.
Very slim majority though isn't it. Even though they did slightly better than in 2010 this government is in a much more precarious position because the Lib Dems aren't there to prop them up. Will certainly make parliament much more interesting for the next 5(?) years.
It will be an interesting few years politically, not least that the tories have to stand by their manifesto promises this time without a fall guy.
But, and I really do hate to rub it in, but any English government without labour is a potentially better place in my opinion, so I am relatively pleased.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

theleader82 wrote:Labour will struggle to get a majority again
Another independence referendum within the next 5 years . Labour have lost a lot of voters to ukip as they feel labour no longer represents them.
It now depends upon how right wing (or not) the tories prove to be in the coming months/years that will determine if there's a continuing need for UKIP.
Scotchland is just a foreign place and the sooner they have to fend for themselves the better.
E & OE

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Labour have been splattered against the wall
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Roy Twing wrote:
It now depends upon how right wing (or not) the tories prove to be in the coming months/years that will determine if there's a continuing need for UKIP.
Scotchland is just a foreign place and the sooner they have to fend for themselves the better.
Scotland fending for itself ain't gonna happen anytime soon and your party is dead Roy.

Your work has failed here Roy.
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Scotland fending for itself ain't gonna happen anytime soon and your party is dead Roy.

Your work has failed here Roy.
Hilarious :lol:
Who'd you vote for knot?
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Even though UKIP did not get the seats, without doubt they certainly made their presence felt in Tory ranks, and who are the only realistic party likely to take any kind of notice. The idea of controlled immigration would be a lost cause on Labour who would increase it if anything to carry on their deliberate transformation of the face of Britain. Plus on the main UKIP issue, The EU, the Tories at least have a fairly sizable contingent in their ranks sympathetic to either quitting it altogether or reforming it in certain key areas where we're being taken for a ride.

Although I voted UKIP, It's a massive sense of relief not in having the Tories back in but preventing Labour gaining power.

The voting system now needs changing, as anyone can see. But any type of PR would only bring the equivalent of a permanent coalition with weak liberal government. So were back to boundaries being the most viable method.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Look its simple. Politics is purecunt obvs but you'd have to be an epic dildo to think it's ever going to change and that anyone other than Labour stands a sniff. And seeing how they nearly sunk us in recent memory they will not get another go for 25 years. Now shut the fuck up and fuck off.
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

m4rkb wrote:Even though UKIP did not get the seats, without doubt they certainly made their presence felt in Tory ranks, and who are the only realistic party likely to take any kind of notice. The idea of controlled immigration would be a lost cause on Labour who would increase it if anything to carry on their deliberate transformation of the face of Britain. Plus on the main UKIP issue, The EU, the Tories at least have a fairly sizable contingent in their ranks sympathetic to either quitting it altogether or reforming it in certain key areas that where we're being taken for a ride.

Although I voted UKIP, It's a massive sense of relief not in having the Tories back in but preventing Labour gaining power.

The voting system now needs changing, as anyone can see. But any type of PR would only bring the equivalent of a permanent coalition with weak liberal government. So were back to boundaries being the most viable method.
Totally agree, but right now it is a nice feeling to know that most of the blinkered brigade on here are secretly distraught that the odious party is decimated.
Savour the moment.
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Indeed. There are no celebrations here. Just relief.

But if the Tories had any sense they would urgently take a look at the mechanics of the bedroom tax when it really shafts a few who don;t deserve to be. Abolish pay day loansharks and scrap zero hours contracts. they could have had a landslide if they'd have used their noddle as these three issues would genuinely benefit a few tory voters as well.

As for the NHS. I'm fed up of what a football it is. It's safe, and will always be there full stop. The only reform is the extent of what it does and there's much that could be for the chop.

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Poor Roy. Labour will return, but I am afraid the kippers have now gone the same way as your previous hero's party.

Such glorious predictions, such total failure.

RIP UKIP
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I also think Miliband should be knighted for services to politics. If he wasn't so utterly out of his depth and unfit for office things could have been a lot different. We really should thank him.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

I bet Cameron regrets saying he'll resign before the next election. In the eyes of the electorate hes never more popular and the popularity may even snowball. But spose that don't matter now :lol: :butthead: :mrgreen:

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Apart from seeing Nick Clegg humiliated and Nigel Farage frustrated, this has been a bad election. We can now look forward to a Conservative government killing off the remainder of our public services, penalising the most vulnerable in our society further, and stifling the rights of workers evermore.

And to top it off we have the real prospect of Scotland breaking away if the impending EU referendum results in a British exit. I don't blame the Scottish electorate for giving the SNP a chance, Labour played a bad hand in cosying up to the Conservatives during the independence referendum last year. I believe in the union but the shabby treatment of the Scotland issue immediately after the 'no' vote would have stuck in the throats of the people. Even those who voted 'no'. There's no point blaming the SNP for Labour's dismal failure. Even if Labour had won every single Scottish seat David Cameron would still have his majority. I'm coming round to the belief that if the UK (by virtue of England's vote) leaves the EU post-referendum, the Scots should in turn go for independence.

Who knows, Scottish independence could work out for them, and might just force electoral reform and a shake up in the rUK's party political scene.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Classic comment from a product of new britain on question time just now, - she was bemoaning the election of the tories and that working class families, who don’t “sponge off the state” will suffer because of welfare cuts.
Anyone spot the flaw in the argument?
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:Poor Roy. Labour will return, but I am afraid the kippers have now gone the same way as your previous hero's party.

Such glorious predictions, such total failure.

RIP UKIP
Who did you vote for knot?
E & OE

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Roy Twing wrote:Classic comment from a product of new britain on question time just now, - she was bemoaning the election of the tories and that working class families, who don’t “sponge off the state” will suffer because of welfare cuts.
Anyone spot the flaw in the argument?
There are people on low-paid full time jobs or in part time work, who do rely on housing benefit, working tax credit, and child benefit in order to make ends meet.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

The tories have pledged to stand by people like that if they are a working family genuinely trying. Some bloke with five kids only holding down a Big Issue Job pretending to be working but otherwise taking the piss is a different matter.