Forum Rules

Everything FP related

Moderator: Maaaarning

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Forum Rules

Post by Basualdo »

mark wrote:For a trial period that will be reviewed every week and more often if needed................

Pandemonium goes unmoderated - as far as possible. The rest of the forum is lightly (and quietly) moderated - as far as possible. Any housekeeping can continue as before. However, the rules, as they are, appear to be inoperable as they appear to be interpreted in completely different ways by various groups of forum users.

If a thread is seen to be descending into something beyond reasonable tolerance then a PM to posters involved should be the first action, if it continues after that then during the trial anything can be referred to me for action.

Overall, the forum will have three guiding rules to protect the forum, minimise disruption and mitigate against any action being taken against the forum.
  1. Any users posting words, images or other media items that might bring the forum into disrepute will be politely warned about their behaviour and if they choose to ignore the warning then they will find their ability to post messages impaired at the owner's discretion. Any actions taken in this category will be based on the tone and wording used. Opinion is valued, abuse isn't tolerated.
  2. Any posters appearing to act in a deliberately destructive manner will be politely warned about their behaviour and if they choose to ignore the warning then they will find their ability to post messages impaired at the owner's discretion.
  3. The forum owner expects everybody using this forum to show respect and tolerance for other users of the forum. All decisions taken will be based on protection of the forum as an entity.
As far as I am concerned the mods are allowed to post on the forum like anybody else and other posters need to accept that during the trial period any action taken beyond a courteous PM will come from me.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.