Muslims Like Us [BBC2]

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
carcinogen

Muslims Like Us [BBC2]

Post by carcinogen »

10 Muslims live in a house together. Should be fucking riveting viewing. The BBC has lost the FUCKING PLOT.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

carcinogen

Re: Muslims Like Us [BBC2]

Post by carcinogen »

Actually on second thoughts, given ITV is showing Philip Schofield pottering about with some senile old nazi, Muslims Like Us is actually fucking brilliant.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Oh I see what you did there.

:smt015
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Just caught the final words of Pip of the press's hagiography to Phil. Jesus fucking H Christ. :vom:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Reg

Post by Reg »

Who are Pip and Phil?
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

Reg

Post by Reg »

Could you answer my question please Carlos? I am curious to know what you are referring to.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Is this in regards of Philip Schofield meeting Phil the Greek or summat?
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

I'm not a psychiatrist tbh but I don't reckon Philip Schofield is all there !!

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I can't vouch for his insanity, but it's clear that he is a scrawny self opinionated twat who thinks he's God's gift to broadcasting.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Reg wrote:Who are Pip and Phil?
As per deise, Reg. Phil Schofield and Phil the Greek.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Zambo wrote:I can't vouch for his insanity, but it's clear that he is a scrawny self opinionated twat who thinks he's God's gift to broadcasting.
Thought you were talking about Phil the Greek there until I read the last word :D
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

deisegirl wrote:
Zambo wrote:I can't vouch for his insanity, but it's clear that he is a scrawny self opinionated twat who thinks he's God's gift to broadcasting.
Thought you were talking about Phil the Greek there until I read the last word :D
Yeah I could have been. :D
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

carcinogen wrote:Actually on second thoughts, given ITV is showing Philip Schofield pottering about with some senile old nazi, Muslims Like Us is actually fucking brilliant.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I thought I'd give this a watch given the BBC said it is putting ten Mulsims together with contrasting views.

Straight away just looking at the cast before I've seen any real content , I don't like it already. If they (the BBC) wanted to do a series showing muslim in positive light ;which, as it's the BBC they certainly will, I can think of ten better Muslims than this bunch who I know myself who would do a better job. As it's supposed to be one of differing opinions I'd settle for three.

As I've said before, I rather like many of the old grey bearded men in that community as they have worked alongside normal Brits in their previous years and are much more integrated than you'd think. they are quite wise too. I specify the men here as some of the women can also grow a fearsome beard :) There are also many more better mainstream candidates than they appear to have chosen.

The same can't be said for some of the newer generation as they've had the benefit (from a radical point of view) of growing up in partial ghettos with much less influence from normal Britain- hence the uprising of muslim only agendas.

From the off, we've got gays, feminists and radicals all put together in the same house with the beeb probably hoping the radicals start mouthing off about chucking the other lot off a cliff. This is going to be usual BBC propaganda with gay / feminist rights agenda regardless of what they are claiming to do.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

As you say, - it's on the BBC, so there is no point watching as far as I'm concerned.

When I first saw this thread title I didn't realise it referred to a TV propaganda show, - I assumed it was an opinion from the likes of tick.
E & OE

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Roy Twing wrote:As you say, - it's on the BBC, so there is no point watching as far as I'm concerned.

When I first saw this thread title I didn't realise it referred to a TV propaganda show, - I assumed it was an opinion from the likes of tick.
I thought you watch Question Time though and that's on BBC. :? Do you watch Citizen Khan?
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

I meant that it is a bbc documentary about muslims, and so it is fairly obvious what it will try to portray, - I didn't mean that I don't watch the channel (although QT is just about the only program I watch regularly).
My wife insists on paying the damned viewing tax, so it is an expensive watch.
Not sure what the citizen khan connects to, but I have to admit that although it is corny as anything from the worst of the 70s, it is a guilty pleasurable watch (in small doses).
E & OE

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Fair enough Roy. Thought the show was OK to a point but to have two shows of one hour each was ridiculously OTT and the Beeb exceeded itself for obvious cliches like having a rigid man who objected to being in the same room as women and a gay bloke. Just shallow, vacuous rubbish which gave the Beeb obvious soundbites with no insight or anything and this is what we pay our licence for.

This may surprise you but I thought it was patronising shite which taught me nothing. I like watching things that challenge my thinking even if I object to the overall premise of a programme.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.