The Walking Dead [TV series]

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
carcinogen

The Walking Dead [TV series]

Post by carcinogen »

Anyone watching/watched The Walking Dead? Just got into it. I'm binging on it like a zombie binges on human flesh. I'm up to season 3 episode 6. (There are 6 seasons so far). It was first shown in 2010. Really fucking enjoying it. Series one was a bit lame, but ok. But it just gets better and better. I recommend it.

Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

caveman

Re: The Walking Dead [TV series]

Post by caveman »

Never seen it until a couple of months ago. Watch about 4 eps each weekend and now just finished series 4.
On the whole i like it, but it can be a bit boring and same old same old.
However at moments like those Maggie keeps me going.
Looking forward to series 5 and 6 prob get through those over the xmas period

Gosport Mark

Post by Gosport Mark »

Watched it from the start and watch The Talking Dead also. Love it. Gets better and better, but much much darker. The governor, terminus, Alexandria. Now negan. Brilliant.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Any comments contained within this post which are deemed offensive are unintentional. If any poster does wish to complain then please PM me first for a personal apology.

berty

Post by berty »

Watched it all so far - great series - My fave show at the moment.

The next half of season 6 (Feb 2016) will introduce a major super bad character - played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
He played the comedian in Watchmen.

And btw carcinogen, wait till you get to the opening of 5.1 , it is BRUTAL.

Rabble

Post by Rabble »

carcinogen wrote:Anyone watching/watched The Walking Dead? Just got into it. I'm binging on it like a zombie binges on human flesh. I'm up to season 3 episode 6. (There are 6 seasons so far). It was first shown in 2010. Really fucking enjoying it. Series one was a bit lame, but ok. But it just gets better and better. I recommend it.

Yeah, can be a wee bit corny but it is a good watch.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Don't really watch much TV but have seen this from the start and it has got better with each series. During the current break we have started watching back from series 1 and it's pretty weird watching characters who have come and gone as the series have progressed.
Have to say I don't understand how Walsall Chris got to feature so prominently on that poster.

hereintheusa

Post by hereintheusa »

Love the comics and I have love/ hate relationship with the TV show. Rick Grime is just so fucking stupid. In the first few series every time the group gets into trouble it's because of him and his family. His stupid kid and wife really get on my nerves. Thankfully the wife issue is sorted out.

Several seasons on and they still make stupid mistakes, they walk through a deserted building not looking around opening doors etx and then act surprised when a zombie jumps out.

I did enjoy the Terminus episodes and seeing how a group like Ricks could turn into vicious cannibals was thought provoking.

Anyone seen Fear The Walking Dead? I really enjoyed the premise of showing how the apocalypse started and the fall of civilization but during season 1 it just happened too quick. What I did like was how over the first few episodes you heard ever increasing police sirens and helicopters which was a great indication of spiraling events.

If you want to read the best zombie novels available today pick up Brian Keenes The Rising, Dead City and Dead Sea novels. Awesome reads, not only do you get to read about an insane Donald Trump but also a scientist shagging a zombie. What more could you ask for?

caveman

Post by caveman »

Series 5 just finished. It is much darker than when it first started, which for me is a good thing. Looking forward to series 6 and then perhaps on to The Fear of Walking Dead

caveman

Post by caveman »

Oh well another season has finished.

It has not been a great season. However i would say it is no way the worst. Some very bits along the way. However it is starting to get a bit samey

The long wait until October starts.

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

hereintheusa wrote:Love the comics and I have love/ hate relationship with the TV show. Rick Grime is just so fucking stupid. In the first few series every time the group gets into trouble it's because of him and his family. His stupid kid and wife really get on my nerves. Thankfully the wife issue is sorted out.

Several seasons on and they still make stupid mistakes, they walk through a deserted building not looking around opening doors etx and then act surprised when a zombie jumps out.

I did enjoy the Terminus episodes and seeing how a group like Ricks could turn into vicious cannibals was thought provoking.

Anyone seen Fear The Walking Dead? I really enjoyed the premise of showing how the apocalypse started and the fall of civilization but during season 1 it just happened too quick. What I did like was how over the first few episodes you heard ever increasing police sirens and helicopters which was a great indication of spiraling events.

If you want to read the best zombie novels available today pick up Brian Keenes The Rising, Dead City and Dead Sea novels. Awesome reads, not only do you get to read about an insane Donald Trump but also a scientist shagging a zombie. What more could you ask for?

For those who like yourself like the comics or for those who'd like to see what the fuss is about behold :-)
http://view-comic.com/the-walking-dead-079/
Brilliantly Honest

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

"Comics" are exclusively for children and fat virgins
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

The last episode of the new season was a right cunt's trick.
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Deleted by poster
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".