The Last Film You Watched (Part 3)

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Kowalski

Re: The Last Film You Watched (Part 3)

Post by Kowalski »

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

I really enjoyed it, it was like an old fashioned Sean Connery Bond film but with two leads.

Henry Cavill would make a great Bond, he's very charismatic.

7.5/10

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

Kowalski wrote:.

Henry Cavill would make a great Bond, he's very charismatic.
Did he not play Soops in a reboot of the Franchise?
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Trainwrecked 5/10

Lots of sex jokes and whilst they can be funny, when you keep beating that same fucking drum - it gets BORING. Schumer can be funny in small patches, but it's too predictable. It's a nice-ish story which Apatow usually pulls of well, so it's not all bad, and there are some funny moments, but way overrated. Colin Quinn is good as Amy's dad. An all star cast, and Bill Hader is good as the neurotic bumbling love interest.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

ikhlaq786 wrote:
Kowalski wrote:
Man_called_sun wrote:Max Max: Fury Road

A serious pummelling of the senses for the entire 2 hours' duration - a quite phenomenal movie.
It blew me away too.

One of the best action films of all time in my opinion.
Absolutely amazing film, did you notice the only real music was the guitar player tied to the lorry, as things got more exciting so did his guitar playing.
Confusing film by name alone. Great stunts but not a Mad Max movie as Max was a passenger mute in a so called movie named Mad Max. Strange one indeed but just another sign of the wank times we live in all in all...IMO anyhow.

Watch Mad Max 2 after this Fury Road (named Fury after the main character in a Mad Max movie - Furiosa :lol: ) effort and then tell me this movie is really a Mad Max movie.

Great stunts though...I'll always give it that but overrated guff all in all.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

We Are Your Friends 6.5/10 (2015)

Zak Efron and his 3 Valley pals organise music nights where he DJs at. He bumps into a well-known DJ and his girlfriend where then a budding friendship strikes up before of course getting a bit awkward in the middle. The film didn't seem to rate that well, but I quite liked it. It's a bit arty/indie and there are some genuine laugh out loud moments (more found here than Trainwrecked) e.g the cake eating scene. Not brilliant, not shite either - and Efron is turning in to quite the dude. Another good performance from him.

graz

Post by graz »

Rossco wrote:
ikhlaq786 wrote:
Kowalski wrote:

A serious pummelling of the senses for the entire 2 hours' duration - a quite phenomenal movie.
It blew me away too.

Absolutely amazing film, did you notice the only real music was the guitar player tied to the lorry, as things got more exciting so did his guitar playing.
Confusing film by name alone. Great stunts but not a Mad Max movie as Max was a passenger mute in a so called movie named Mad Max. Strange one indeed but just another sign of the wank times we live in all in all...IMO anyhow.

Watch Mad Max 2 after this Fury Road (named Fury after the main character in a Mad Max movie - Furiosa :lol: ) effort and then tell me this movie is really a Mad Max movie.

My feelings exactly. It was Mad Charlize Theron with a bloke called Max being dragged along for the ride. He spent most of the first half strapped to the front of her car. Pussy. There was nothing to match the final scene in the original movie either. We saw it at the cinema and I didn't enjoy it much tbh although i'm obviously missing something because the critics loved it. :cry:
Still invisible after all these years...

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

graz wrote:
Rossco wrote:
ikhlaq786 wrote:
Kowalski wrote:

It blew me away too.

My feelings exactly. It was Mad Charlize Theron with a bloke called Max being dragged along for the ride. He spent most of the first half strapped to the front of her car. Pussy. There was nothing to match the final scene in the original movie either. We saw it at the cinema and I didn't enjoy it much tbh although i'm obviously missing something because the critics loved it. :cry:
Mad Cuckold should have called it :| More fitting.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

ikhlaq786 wrote:I watched Spectre and have to say Daniel Craig is definitely the best Bond the film was superb and would say it was a 9 out of 10. I almost forgot to say that I loved the tributes to previous characters and Bond Films absolute genius.
Saw it last night.
Very good film & agree with your comments.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

Man_called_sun

Post by Man_called_sun »

Steve Hunt wrote:
ikhlaq786 wrote:I watched Spectre and have to say Daniel Craig is definitely the best Bond the film was superb and would say it was a 9 out of 10. I almost forgot to say that I loved the tributes to previous characters and Bond Films absolute genius.
Saw it last night.
Very good film & agree with your comments.
I'd have to strongly disagree with both of you on this one. I found it overlong, a touch boring, Lea Seydoux was underwhelming, and featured plot contrivances that were bordering on the ridiculous. Ralph Fiennes and Ben Whishaw were excellent, but, for me, the baddies have been phoning in their performances ever since the excellent Le Shiffre.
Craig was, as ever, terrific, and will be missed.
One day I am going to grow wings
A chemical reaction
Hysterical and useless

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Amy (2015)

Here is a free stream. Just disable the pop-ups. I nearly cried. If you've ever been with a damaged high-achiever, or even hung around Camden Town, even briefly, you'll know how fucking easy it is to become consumed in the scene. Great Doc.

http://www.alluc.ee/l/Amy-2015-BRRip-AC ... W/48pxh6px
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

carcinogen wrote:Amy (2015)

Here is a free stream. Just disable the pop-ups. I nearly cried. If you've ever been with a damaged high-achiever, or even hung around Camden Town, even briefly, you'll know how fucking easy it is to become consumed in the scene. Great Doc.

http://www.alluc.ee/l/Amy-2015-BRRip-AC ... W/48pxh6px

A fine documentary. I watched it with an open mind and have to say, almost shed a tear as well. As with most of the '27 club' she made some terrible choices and probably ignored the very few in her life that had her best interests at heart. Her fella and Father are wrong 'uns. God bless her, she was a sweetheart :(

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

graz wrote:
Rossco wrote:
ikhlaq786 wrote:
Kowalski wrote:

It blew me away too.

It's not just you. I was underwhelmed.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

White Heat.

A superb performance from Cagney (did he ever give a bad one?) and, in my opinion, second only to his performance in Yankee Doodle Dandy in the greatness stakes.
Although I'm a bit biased as I absofuckinglutely love Yankee Doodle Dandy.

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Watched The Sting again last night, I still love this film, surprisingly and thankfully they haven't done a modern style remake of it.
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

lasharoo wrote:Watched The Sting again last night, I still love this film, surprisingly and thankfully they haven't done a modern style remake of it.
Big mouth!

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls059664311/
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Basualdo wrote:
lasharoo wrote:Watched The Sting again last night, I still love this film, surprisingly and thankfully they haven't done a modern style remake of it.
Big mouth!

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls059664311/
That seems to be from February 2014 Bas, hopefully this never sees the light of day :o
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

A Very Murray Christmas 2015

More a TV special on netflix. Around 55 minutes, directed by Sofia Coppola so you can expect what it may be like before hand. I enjoyed it, although going by IMDB comments alone it probably won't be enjoyed by all. Indie, saracastic, quirky with the odd one liner. It's not brilliant, but it filled a spot, but if it was any longer I'm not so sure. Bill Murray with lots of people including Chris Rock, Jenny Lewis, Amy Poehler, David Johanson (First thought it was Gary Oldman in make up, then Tom Waits, finally deciding it's someone really famous in heavy make up. It's not though) blabbering, but yeah, it's about Murray doing a Christmas sing-a-long in New York when the whole city is at a standstill due to a blizzard and no guests can arrive.

6/10

Christmas With The Kranks 2004

Watched this last night at work. Apparently the book was written by John Grisham (who I thought only wrote detective/gritty/The Fugitive type stuff). Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis' daughter is going to Peru for Christmas to join the Peacecorps, so Tim and Jamie plan to ditch celebrating Christmas altogether and go on a cruise to the Caribbean as it won't be the same without the daughter. The film turns away without anything of note for about 60 minutes. The jokes of course, you can see coming without needing to watch this. Christmas/Chicago/Ice/Snow - a goofy Tim Allen, what comes next? The last Turkey available in the shop, what could go wrong?

It was fine enough though. I am an easily pleased man. And it killed some time at work. I did smile a lot as Dan Akroyd looks a lot like a friend of mine, and now as we age (ho ho ho) he's beginning to look more and more like him.

A solid 5.5

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

kevin04 wrote:A Very Murray Christmas 2015

More a TV special on netflix. Around 55 minutes, directed by Sofia Coppola so you can expect what it may be like before hand. I enjoyed it, although going by IMDB comments alone it probably won't be enjoyed by all. Indie, saracastic, quirky with the odd one liner. It's not brilliant, but it filled a spot, but if it was any longer I'm not so sure. Bill Murray with lots of people including Chris Rock, Jenny Lewis, Amy Poehler, David Johanson (First thought it was Gary Oldman in make up, then Tom Waits, finally deciding it's someone really famous in heavy make up. It's not though) blabbering, but yeah, it's about Murray doing a Christmas sing-a-long in New York when the whole city is at a standstill due to a blizzard and no guests can arrive.

6/10
Is MileyCyrus singing Silent Night or something on this ? I read something online about it. If so, then i will be giving this a huge sideswerve.
I believe you can actually get bad AIDS just by looking at that skank. Charlie Sheen is as cleaner than a bottle of Dettol compared to that vacant sticklike spunk receptacle.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Minisooms

Post by Minisooms »

beasts of no nation on nextflix , what a heartbreaking film , have your tissues ready
If you think this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Slow West. Western. I'd post the trailer but it's full of spoilers. Beautifully shot. Nice story. Good performances. Well worth a watch.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Basualdo wrote:
kevin04 wrote:A Very Murray Christmas 2015

6/10
Is MileyCyrus singing Silent Night or something on this ? I read something online about it. If so, then i will be giving this a huge sideswerve.
I believe you can actually get bad AIDS just by looking at that skank. Charlie Sheen is as cleaner than a bottle of Dettol compared to that vacant sticklike spunk receptacle.
She is indeed, Bas, but fear not, your fav Scots -Irish American is also in it at the same time, George Clooney.

I'm sure the Hipsters love this though.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I'd do Miley... :oops:
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Minisooms

Post by Minisooms »

carcinogen wrote:Slow West. Western. I'd post the trailer but it's full of spoilers. Beautifully shot. Nice story. Good performances. Well worth a watch.
yeah i have seen that enjoyed it , my daughter met micheal fassbender at her place of work last week , lucky girl ,he is very HOT :P

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Welcome back Minisooms.

Minisooms

Post by Minisooms »

thanks , not been away but no one really talks to me now ghost has gone :(