The Last Film You Watched (Part 3)

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Suhari

Re: The Last Film You Watched (Part 3)

Post by Suhari »

13 minutes into "The Grand Budapest Hotel" on C4.

It's good. I like it.
I might have done one - not sure but possible.

Red7

Post by Red7 »

Dr Strange. If you've seen more than 2 Marvel films then you've seen this. Cumberbatch is good though. 5/10

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

Sausage Party - Funny and what the F**k moments.
"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

Suhari wrote:13 minutes into "The Grand Budapest Hotel" on C4.

It's good. I like it.
Excellent Movie.
"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Grimsby.

DearLord.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Anthropoid
Based on the story of the assassination of Reynhard Heydrich by British trained Czech resistance fighters in ww2..
A must if you're into your ww2 stuff.Brilliant performance by Cillian Murphy as the assassin.
Found it on kodi so wasn't a planned watch but a fucking excellent find.
thoroughly recommended.
I released the blob must to my darkest dread

But its mint choc chip which is the ice cream flavour of Satan's spermatozoa

Careful now, you’re being beastly to Leado and this canno he totlerated.

About to get underway at the Berbabeu

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Been watching Grimsby in about three separate watchings and barely about halfway through. It's fucking shit.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Everybody Wants Some (2016) 7/10

Painted up as somewhat of a sequel to Dazed and Confused - ah've never seen it, Beeky :oops: always meant to but will over the next few weeks. The story follows a college baseball team and their wild antics through the first few weeks of college - a bit like a two/three week freshers week/fraternity bash.

Very easy going, and quite funny at times. Lots of bants - if Americans do bants, and it's set the early 80s so every genre of popular music and fad is seen in the film when the lads go to parties.

A nice film, and definitely one to watch after a taxing day where you just want to watch something easy, and not follow 100 subtle plots.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Got 'The Witch' lined up and 'Supersonic' (Doc about Oasis) and 'Into The Inferno' (Doc about Volcano's by Herzog). Will report back.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Watch out for that naughty black goat.
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

Sid Pervcat wrote:Anthropoid
Based on the story of the assassination of Reynhard Heydrich by British trained Czech resistance fighters in ww2..
A must if you're into your ww2 stuff.Brilliant performance by Cillian Murphy as the assassin.
Found it on kodi so wasn't a planned watch but a fucking excellent find.
thoroughly recommended.
Watched this last night ,an excellent film
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

Supersonic
A revealing look at the meteoric rise of seminal '90s rock band Oasis, weaving never-before-seen concert footage with candid interviews and a firsthand account of the backstage sibling rivalry that threatened to destroy the band.

10/10
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

Suhari

Post by Suhari »

genehunt1973 wrote:Supersonic
A revealing look at the meteoric rise of seminal '90s rock band Oasis, weaving never-before-seen concert footage with candid interviews and a firsthand account of the backstage sibling rivalry that threatened to destroy the band.

10/10
Ohhhh. I'll have to find this.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kevin04 wrote:Everybody Wants Some (2016) 7/10

Painted up as somewhat of a sequel to Dazed and Confused - ah've never seen it, Beeky :oops: always meant to but will over the next few weeks. The story follows a college baseball team and their wild antics through the first few weeks of college - a bit like a two/three week freshers week/fraternity bash.

Very easy going, and quite funny at times. Lots of bants - if Americans do bants, and it's set the early 80s so every genre of popular music and fad is seen in the film when the lads go to parties.

A nice film, and definitely one to watch after a taxing day where you just want to watch something easy, and not follow 100 subtle plots.
'Dazed and Confused' is fantastic, Kevin. Can see why a somewhat of a sequel. D&C is set in the 70s, has the tunes and is set at the end of term. Will look for it.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Carlos J wrote:

'Dazed and Confused' is fantastic, Kevin. Can see why a somewhat of a sequel. D&C is set in the 70s, has the tunes and is set at the end of term. Will look for it.
The TV show Freaks and Geeks (now on Netflix) is in a similar vein to both, set in a Michigan high school in 1980.
Its not laugh out loud funny but entertaining enough.
It only lasted one season in 2000 but is probably as much known for all the people it gave their first big break to. Faces you see all over the place these days, for good or ill.
Seth Rogan, James Franco, Jason Segal, the gorgeous Linda Cardellini, Martin Starr. And it was the big break for producers Judd Apatow and Paul Feig too.
Worth a watch if there is fuck all else on.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Heard of but never seen, Bas. Will look out.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Saw The Accountant yesterday and thought it added up to a brilliant film. I'll get my coat.
Affleck's next one looks good too.

caveman

Post by caveman »

Inferno

Very much like the other films in the series. Does not deserve the slating it has been getting.

An ok film

Suhari

Post by Suhari »

Just started watch "Legend" with Tom Hardy and his brother, Tom Hardy.

Don't know if it's good yet.

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Suhari wrote:Just started watch "Legend" with Tom Hardy and his brother, Tom Hardy.

Great stuff suho.

Keep us up to date with what you think about it.
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

Suhari

Post by Suhari »

Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:
Suhari wrote:Just started watch "Legend" with Tom Hardy and his brother, Tom Hardy.

Great stuff suho.

Keep us up to date with what you think about it.
The bloke playing the fatter, gay brother was great.

Didn't realise Paul Whitehouse was in it.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

genehunt1973 wrote:Supersonic

10/10
Wasn't bad at all.

Cheers for the heads up.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Basualdo wrote:
Carlos J wrote:

The TV show Freaks and Geeks (now on Netflix) is in a similar vein to both, set in a Michigan high school in 1980.
Its not laugh out loud funny but entertaining enough.
It only lasted one season in 2000 but is probably as much known for all the people it gave their first big break to. Faces you see all over the place these days, for good or ill.
Seth Rogan, James Franco, Jason Segal, the gorgeous Linda Cardellini, Martin Starr. And it was the big break for producers Judd Apatow and Paul Feig too.
Worth a watch if there is fuck all else on.
You had me until the bold bit.

Want to watch a good movie....then watch these and weep, weep with joy that you saw such a movie. Behold the wonder of this movie...I dare you....I double dare you and no onsises!! (or however you spell that...first time trying lol)

phpBB [video]
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Suhari

Post by Suhari »

Watching Dirty Grandpa.

It's alright.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Syng Street 6/10

Set in the 80s. A Dublin teenager decided to start up a band at school to help both attract the attention of a girl in the year above, and to help deal with the stress of his parents breaking up. Cliched to say it, but like a family version of The Commitments. An interesting mix of songs throughout the film mimicking the different popular 80s genres. The film is alright, you will have seen this all before, and it passed the time quite pleasantly.

Terms of Endearment 8/10

Jack Nicholson plays a milder version of himself. I had never even heard of this before, but it has Shirley Maclaine, Jeff Daniels and Debra Winger in a drama/comedy. Whilst not ha ha funny, there are some laugh out loud moments and either I am becoming a crabbit auld bugger or comedy is indeed a lot worse these days. The film is quite moving too, and I thought especially Winger was very good in this - didn't seem to win an award though. A very good film.

One More Time 7/10

Christopher Walken plays an aging crooner on the comeback trail. He has a strained relationship with his youngest daughter played by Amber Heard - who looks like Lohan, Herd, Perry and Kirsten Stewart all rolled in to one in this. Heard ends up going back to live with him in the Hamptons after her own music career stalls and cannot pay her rent in New York City. An indie-luvie film, but pretty decent, not too much cheese, and some funny moments. Never really seen Heard act before (apart from that pisstake apology vid to Australia) but she was alright.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.