The Last Film You Watched (Part 3)

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
carcinogen

Re: The Last Film You Watched (Part 3)

Post by carcinogen »

Into The Inferno. Fucking nutjob/genuis Werner Herzog explores volcanoes. Some great footage, but as per usual Werner goes all existential. Flawed and riveting in equal measure, much like Werner....

"Ant az ve dezent into ze lava abyss of existenz...etc. etc. etc. You know the deal...

Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

I watched a Herzog doc from 2010 about people living in Siberia. It was pretty interesting, I'll try mind the name of it tomorrow. I've not seen much of his stuff, but he choose some interesting words to narrate over it. An enjoyable romp though.

Happy People In The Taiga or something.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

The Fundamentals Of Caring 8/10

Best film I've seen in a while. Paul Rudd is a depressed, divorcing middle-aged man who becomes a carer for a snarky, but at times funny English lad with something close to CP. They engage on a road trip from Seattle around various niche hot spots around the places that I really want to visit - Idaho, Utah, Montana, etc e.g USA's biggest bovine, the biggest pit in North America etc. They meet a couple of characters on the way of course, and it makes for a very nice film. The comedy levels are pretty perfect and it never over-eggs or pounds a joke in to the ground, just does enough and first film I've laughed out loud for in a while. The soundtrack is also excellent - full of indie-folk type songs if you're in to that. Everything fits just right - length, dramatic moments, characters, and comedy. Give it a go, and it's miles better than any pish like The Hangover.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Suhari

Post by Suhari »

Watch Arrival last night on a dodgy stream.

Hmmmmmm. Was okay. Interesting ideas, but a bit up itself.

Was okay.
I might have done one - not sure but possible.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I watched dr strange last Sunday . Pretty good for a marvel film. Benedict cumberpatch is excellent
MJInnocent

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

theleader82 wrote: Benedict cumberpatch
Really? :rolleyes:
I released the blob must to my darkest dread

But its mint choc chip which is the ice cream flavour of Satan's spermatozoa

Careful now, you’re being beastly to Leado and this canno he totlerated.

About to get underway at the Berbabeu

Roger 1984

Post by Roger 1984 »

I like this scene from Scarface

phpBB [video]

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Beside The Sea 3/10

Art house style movie with writer Brad Pitt staring in a quiet French coastal resort with his wife Angelina Jolie. The couple have drifted apart with her depression and not having children. Newlyweds move into the apartment next door and Jolie notices a peephole in the wall which allows her to watch them have sex frequently. Pitt gets more disillusioned and starts drinking heavily in the bar. Then, the woman approaches Jolie and asks if she would like to play cards and get to know each other.

Pitt comes in and starts playing cards too but is a little reticent about talking to her as she has bouts when she becomes paranoid. Anyway, Pitt discovers one evening that his wife's looking through the peephole at them making out and at first is angry. As they watch however, they start opening up to each other and show emotion that was missing for so long. They become more friendly with the newlyweds the husband having opened up his own museum in Paris.

Jolie tells Pitt she is barren as cannot have children of her own and slumps into a bout of depression. That evening, Pitt waits and waits but his wife isn't in the apartment. She's gone for a long walk and eventually comes back. Later he looks through the peephole and sees her with the man next door and she's started undressing. Pitt storms in and hits the man, marching Jolie away. She tells him that the woman next door is pregnant and is so jealous she wanted to ruin their marriage.

A crap movie with the only redeeming things seeing Angelina's tits and the beautiful scenery. It's all about Brad and Jolie and very little else. Totally underwhelming.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

Red7

Post by Red7 »

Sully.
I don't want to be "that guy" but I feel like Tom Hanks just basically plays Tom Hanks in everything he does now and he's the same again in this. Although the actual event was a terrifying experience for everyone, it sure doesn't translate into a movie. You get the feeling everything said is just a cue for the next scene. I.e. As they're getting ready for take off, the Hudson gets mentions i doubt would ever happen in real life. In fact, even the parts of Sullys real life seem contrived and made up just to fill up time.
A very boring 3/10

Edit: this would make a great crash scene investigators episode

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Red7 wrote:Edit: this would make a great crash scene investigators episode
You should watch series 10 episode 5. I thoroughly enjoy Air Crash Investigation.

Red7

Post by Red7 »

Shedboy wrote:
Red7 wrote:Edit: this would make a great crash scene investigators episode
You should watch series 10 episode 5. I thoroughly enjoy Air Crash Investigation.
Cheers shed, I'll get onto that

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Hell or High Water (2016).

Jeff Bridges being Jeff bridges, about to retire, hunting down bank robbers in West Texas. The bloke who played Kirk in the Star Trek reboot is one of the Robbers. Not bad. Certainly a good watch. Story is a bit blah, and the script is a bit blah. But the photography really captured the West Plains of the US. Oh and there is wonderful scene in a diner with a miserable old coot of a waitress. Recommend.

7 / 10

Goldstone (2016).

I watched this the following night after the above and there are some striking parallels; Corporate corruption, greed, guns. Set in the Australian Outback this one. Again, great photography of the barren lonely landscape of both the earth and the souls that exist on it. A fraction of the budget of HoHW (above) but the action is on a par, the story is equally as predictable, but what sets this apart is the spiritual element. A slow-burner, but all the better for it. A bit like the most brilliant episode of The Flying Doctors you've ever seen. Again, recommend.

7.5/10

Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

Sully 8/10

Fabulous 8)
"We have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during my Presidency". Donald J. Trump.

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Two Crows wrote:Sully 8/10

Fabulous 8)
It was excellent.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

BBC4 showed The Ipcress File this week in HD. Never seen it before. Bloody Brilliant.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Build my Gallows High'/'Out of the Past' was on some channel this morning, maybe because of Douglas' ton. Only caught a bit buit looked so stylish.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Carlos J wrote:Build my Gallows High'/'Out of the Past' was on some channel this morning, maybe because of Douglas' ton. Only caught a bit buit looked so stylish.
It was on BBC2 so should be on iplayer. If you like your film noir it is a must watch.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Ta. Darky. Was sort of working. Yep on iPlayer and do like a bit of film noir: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... llows-high
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

carcinogen wrote:BBC4 showed The Ipcress File this week in HD. Never seen it before. Bloody Brilliant.
Top errr movie. Love the score.
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

ikhlaq786

Post by ikhlaq786 »

I have just watched Will Hays "Ask a Policeman" and really enjoyed it. It has been a while since I last saw it and it brought back child hood memories.
"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."

caveman

Post by caveman »

Lucy

The film had the potential of being really good. However it was so so.

Scarelett johansson saved it

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Suicide Squad.

I only watched it to see Margot Robbie's cameltoe. Even that wasn't worth the effort.
I lasted an hour before switching off.
I can't get the point of fucking superhero movies. Theyre as pointless as musicals.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Ha! I thought Suicide Squad was great, although I seem to be in a very small minority.

caveman

Post by caveman »

Need For Speed

I suspect this film is shit. However before seeing this film I had drank several cans of stella...... I rather enjoyed the film.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Bare in mind, I download movies illegally via torrents, that's how I watch the films I post.

I lived in Kansas for quite sometime, so this film really did it for me. Insofar as it really captures some of the misfits running around, the suburban hell of Kansas City, and life living in the Midwest of America. Shia Le Beouf (sp?) is in it, but don't let that put you off. He's ok. I really liked this film. I doubt many others will, but it really does do justice to the Midwest. Truely. Nicely shot ... lots of parking lots, motels, concrete, desperation-leading-to exuberance in Walmart...etc. etc. Abandoned youth. You'll never hear of this film apart from here ... so, just saying, if you find it, watch it. Preferably stoned.

Oh, it's about a lost girl wanting to 'find' herself ... she hooks up with a bunch of crazies selling magazines door to door ...

Trailer