Gomorra

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Minisooms

Gomorra

Post by Minisooms »

I'm sure there has been a thread about this show so apols but I can't find one now anyrate I just finished watching the series and it was superb , doesn't look like there will be a series 2 until next year :( so in the mean time has anyone watched romanzo criminale ?
If you think this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention

AlcoholBrazil

Re: Gomorra

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

I may watch 5 mins and think Sodom that for a lark !
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

MGA99

Post by MGA99 »

Yes, watched both, agree with you re Gomorra, outstanding drama, superbly written and acted, for me it's a close shave between it and Romanzo Criminale but the latter just shades it, although RC was gritty and brutal you grew an affinity with the banda della magliana, especially Freddo and the backdrop context of late 70's Italian politics and terror was enjoyable too.

That said, the soundtrack and incidental music for Gomorra was amazing.

Minisooms

Post by Minisooms »

Lovely colour palette too ,lots of inky greens and blues .I grew an affinity with Ciro :P I shall give RC a go :) not sure how to acquire it ATM , hopefully it will be shown on shitflix or Amazon (as Gomorra was )

MGA99

Post by MGA99 »

Minisooms wrote:Lovely colour palette too ,lots of inky greens and blues .I grew an affinity with Ciro :P I shall give RC a go :) not sure how to acquire it ATM , hopefully it will be shown on shitflix or Amazon (as Gomorra was )
I agree with you re Ciro, aka Pep Guardiola at the beginning but he was just as big a cunt as the rest by the end

Minisooms

Post by Minisooms »

Indeed , without spoiling for others he did shock me around ep 8 ,now you mention it he does look a lot like pep :shock:

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Minisooms wrote:I'm sure there has been a thread about this show so apols but I can't find one now anyrate I just finished watching the series and it was superb , doesn't look like there will be a series 2 until next year :( so in the mean time has anyone watched romanzo criminale ?

I am watching Gomorrah for free on a month long Amazon Prime free trial right....I am four episodes in.

Thoroughly enjoying it though I don't think it is as good as the mighty Romanzo Criminale.

Another gritty Italian crime drama in the same vein is Corleone, which was shown on Sky Arts last year and is repeated now and again.

Sky Arts are currently showing 1992, a tale of white collar crime in early 90s Italy and it is excellent, IMO.

One of the actors is the bloke who played Dante in Romanzo Criminale :)
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Minisooms wrote:I'm sure there has been a thread about this show so apols but I can't find one now anyrate I just finished watching the series and it was superb , doesn't look like there will be a series 2 until next year :( so in the mean time has anyone watched romanzo criminale ?

Just for you, Mini....the best closing sequence for a TV show ever IMO.....except maybe The Sopranos :)

phpBB [video]

I bought that Vasco Rossi track on iTunes the night I first heard it.

A fitting end for Buffalo :(
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Minisooms

Post by Minisooms »

I can't watch that can I ! Ffs :)
I don't have sky I'm going to have a look on eBay although I don't really like buying DVDs I would rather pay for a download

Minisooms

Post by Minisooms »

I pay 6.99 a month for Amazon ( lovefilm ) and that includes as many postal rentals as I can watch and return ,pretty good deal IMO

billyliar

Post by billyliar »

I started a thread on it a few months ago, but its been lost to the midsts of time.

I'd say its the best thing I've seen on TV for a long time, up there with Breaking Bad and Sopranos. The last 3 episodes are just stunning. OFF THE SCALE!!!! I'd urge anyone to watch it, but most are put off by the subtitles. The music, the casting, the locations, the characters, but above all the storylines are just phenomenal.

Cant wait for the second series.
Had another emotional night thinking of @RIPGarySpeed and I don't think the feeling is ever going away.....

Minisooms

Post by Minisooms »

hi billy , nor me although i will probably have forgotten what happened in the first series by next year ! If people are put off subs they are missing alot of good shows , les revenants , the killing , spiral , braquo etc etc looked for that RC show on ebay £67 quid someone wants for series 1 dvd looks like i will miss out :x

billyliar

Post by billyliar »

Minisooms wrote:hi billy , nor me although i will probably have forgotten what happened in the first series by next year ! If people are put off subs they are missing alot of good shows , les revenants , the killing , spiral , braquo etc etc looked for that RC show on ebay £67 quid someone wants for series 1 dvd looks like i will miss out :x
If you subscribe to LoveFilm (think its called Amazon Prime now...?), you pay £7/month and get to choose from '000's of titles, well worth it. I Know Romanzano Criminale is on there.

Altenatively get one of those Smart boxes for you TV (needs to be TV with interent access), and you can watch pretty much anything you want. they cost about £60 one off payment.
Had another emotional night thinking of @RIPGarySpeed and I don't think the feeling is ever going away.....

Minisooms

Post by Minisooms »

I have lovefilm / Amazon prime( you skimmed :( ) , the film romanzo criminale is available on there but not the series which is what I want anyrate a internet friend is going to errm sort me out, hopefully :) smart box might be way forward though

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Never skim a soomzpost
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Minisooms wrote:hi billy , nor me although i will probably have forgotten what happened in the first series by next year ! If people are put off subs they are missing alot of good shows , les revenants , the killing , spiral , braquo etc etc looked for that RC show on ebay £67 quid someone wants for series 1 dvd looks like i will miss out :x

Try Youtube or Vimeo.

I have been watching the entire series of Magnificent Century, Turkish with English subs, on them and they might have other shows.

Minisooms

Post by Minisooms »

I'll check it out thanks :)

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Ah do struggul wi' subtitles because I have a really short attention but if I have a long train journey I can get through a number of episodes. I've watched two series of Isabel that way over the last few months. I have one series left to watch but for a change I started S1 of Gomorra. Five episodes in and it's excellent :)
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Saw series 2 recently. Pretty good, it was always going to be hard to follow the first one, but not a bad effort.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.