New PS4

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
subsub

New PS4

Post by subsub »

Not sure whether to wait and buy the new PS4 or buy one of the current ones that will be discounted.

The new version will have better processor and be quicker, and be compatible with 4K TVs, but I'm not sure I want to splash out on a fancy new telly to justify it.

They're saying existing PS4s might drop to about 200 quid (with the new one about £350).

The main reason for the new PS4 is the Virtual Reality kit that's coming out, and I gather that the current PS4 doesn't have enough oomph to work with it, hence the new model. But not sure I'm fussed about that, either.
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

theleader82

Re: New PS4

Post by theleader82 »

I wouldn't bother with the new version unless you're prepared to invest in a 4K tv which are expensive. I imagine you should be able to get some good ps4 bundle deals before Xmas. I might wait for the Nintendo nx
MJInnocent

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Not good enough to be called the PS5 though.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

subsub

Post by subsub »

Went for the PS4 Slim in the end (1TB) - was £269 on Amazon.
Set it up this week; going to get stuck in this weekend :smt023

antdad

Post by antdad »

Tfft...thought you were never going to buy one. :mrgreen:

subsub

Post by subsub »

antdad wrote:Tfft...thought you were never going to buy one. :mrgreen:
:smt023
Do you have one, ant-o?

antdad

Post by antdad »

I bought the Xbox One a couple of Xmases ago but tbh I haven't played it in ages. We (kids) got into a few driving games with a decent steering wheel and pedals, FIFA15 but that's about it...no doubt it'll be dug out around Xmas. I bought a cage fighting game but it's far too complex and time consuming for me to learn the moves. I just wanted a boxing game to legitimately beat the crap out of my boys so hoping for Fight Night Champion 2 to finally be released. I'm avoiding the shoot'em ups...they look great but I'd end up getting divorced.

subsub

Post by subsub »

antdad wrote:I'm avoiding the shoot'em ups...they look great but I'd end up getting divorced.
:lol: :lol:
When I first moved in with Mrs Subsub, this was in the PS2 era and GTA III was out.
Must have been caning it, because we hadn't been living together very long, and after a couple of weeks, she said 'Er, do you normally play video games for quite so long...?'

:oops:

antdad

Post by antdad »

Yes, warning well taken...I got mine at college where I witnessed a few degrees going down the pan because of Doom (original Doom circa 1993 that is).

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

subsub wrote:Not sure whether to wait and buy the new PS4 or buy one of the current ones that will be discounted.

The new version will have better processor and be quicker, and be compatible with 4K TVs, but I'm not sure I want to splash out on a fancy new telly to justify it.

They're saying existing PS4s might drop to about 200 quid (with the new one about £350).

The main reason for the new PS4 is the Virtual Reality kit that's coming out, and I gather that the current PS4 doesn't have enough oomph to work with it, hence the new model. But not sure I'm fussed about that, either.
If you have the set up for the 4K then wait.

If not then get a new-old one (aye....lol know what I mean)

Have to say no to impressed with Sony doing this 4K extra charge bit. PS4 is a good machine though Subs and huge difference to the PS3. Much as I loved the PS3 and she served me well. Haven't looked back.

The Witcher 3 alone is awesome. Until Dawn is decent. GTA5 online and single player is a huge step up. Go for one either way is my advice. You will enjoy a PS4 in whatever guise it is in.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

subsub wrote:Went for the PS4 Slim in the end (1TB) - was £269 on Amazon.
Then I saw this :lol: Take it you have it and all.

How you finding the change?

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Never had a games computer in my life they look pretty good fun but I would never work out what to do with all those buttons on the controller thingy.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Rossco wrote:

Love it. Bought Until Dawn; not played it yet.
Finished Firewatch and playing PES at the moment.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

subsub wrote:
Rossco wrote:

Love it. Bought Until Dawn; not played it yet.
Finished Firewatch and playing PES at the moment.
Firewatch looks decent. Wait for sale.

There is a game free with Plus now looks a bit the same...Until the Rapture or something like that called.

Glad you are enjoying it. Until Dawn is amusing if playing with others. My wee lad got them all smoked within 5 hours. If in a horror movie his ass is staying at home :lol:

subsub

Post by subsub »

Rossco wrote:Firewatch looks decent. Wait for sale.
It was on sale - got it for £9.49 :)
Rossco wrote:There is a game free with Plus now looks a bit the same...Until the Rapture.
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture. Got really good reviews - looking forward to playing that.

I know that it's 35 quid approx a year, but if you get a handful of free games over that time, then it's worth it.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Rossco wrote:Until Dawn is amusing if playing with others. My wee lad got them all smoked within 5 hours. If in a horror movie his ass is staying at home
What will you do:
- stay in the house
- call for help
- check the basement, just to make sure everything is OK

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

subsub wrote:
Rossco wrote:Until Dawn is amusing if playing with others. My wee lad got them all smoked within 5 hours. If in a horror movie his ass is staying at home
What will you do:
- stay in the house
- call for help
- check the basement, just to make sure everything is OK

Or get most killed off because they were a bunch of dicks bar two going by him :lol: TBF he had a point.

Good game though. Something to play on these long and dark winter nights. Enjoy.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

subsub wrote:
Rossco wrote:Firewatch looks decent. Wait for sale.
It was on sale - got it for £9.49 :)
Rossco wrote:There is a game free with Plus now looks a bit the same...Until the Rapture.
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture. Got really good reviews - looking forward to playing that.

I know that it's 35 quid approx a year, but if you get a handful of free games over that time, then it's worth it.
Yep..agreed. Get the odd decent one. Depends on tastes at end of day. Always a couple to suit someone all year round.

GTA online is good fun as well. But they have added so much since last time played it. But down side is full of wee doucebags who shoot up my car and me when I am just out for a cruise in my car. Wee buggers.