Digital recorder

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
birdie

Digital recorder

Post by birdie »

My Sony recorder is on its last legs so I need to buy a new one, preferably one that records 2 or more programmes at a time and has a fairly decent amount of storage, I'm not particularly bothered about catch up via wi-fi.

The company I bought the Sony from doesn't sell Sony (at least I can't find it on their website)., they do Humax, Panasonic and one I've never heard of so, fellas, can you give me a heads up on something half decent under 400 quid (yes.0, I know I'm a cheapskate).
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

warmleatherette

Re: Digital recorder

Post by warmleatherette »

Get a youview box, easy to use, records 2 at once, 500gb and has all the catchup stuff as well if you have an Internet connection, £150 or free if you're with BT or Talktalk as part of a bundle.
Brilliantly Honest

birdie

Post by birdie »

Thanks for that Warm, but it looks to me as if the box is reliant on the Internet, (have I got that wrong?) or can I just record off the aerial?

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

birdie wrote:Thanks for that Warm, but it looks to me as if the box is reliant on the Internet, (have I got that wrong?) or can I just record off the aerial?
It only uses the Internet for catch up, has a normal aerial input for freeview telly and recording, worth having the Internet though if possible :-)
Brilliantly Honest

birdie

Post by birdie »

Many thanks Warm, my local supplier has several models of Humax boxes, I think I know which one to get but I'll toddle down there in the next few days and speak to them one-to-one, so to speak, I've had dealings with them before and found them very helpful, the last time they even gave me the Internet discount :D

antdad

Post by antdad »

You can't go wrong with a Humax pvr imo. I've had them for years, great EPG, record facility and picture.

The DTR T2000 should be ample for your needs, maybe get the 1TB HD if you record a lot, I have to manage my 500gb regularly especially if series record has been operating for a while.