Facebook

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
theleader82

Facebook

Post by theleader82 »

Can people tell if you've been looking at their profile if you're not friends with them? I thought I read it puts them as people you may know.
MJInnocent

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Facebook

Post by Basualdo »

You forgot to title this thread 'A stalker writes.....'
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

theleader82 wrote:Can people tell if you've been looking at their profile if you're not friends with them? I thought I read it puts them as people you may know.
Dunno.

I know they can with Linkedin. It's quite interesting to see who has looked at your profile - especially when it is ex-girlfriends!
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

No comment :evil:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

subsub

Post by subsub »

theleader82 wrote:Can people tell if you've been looking at their profile if you're not friends with them? I thought I read it puts them as people you may know.
No, they can't.

Stalk away…
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Someone's been perving at people's pictures :lol:
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Did you ever master the 7/10 split at ten pin bowling, Leado?
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Dunno.

I know they can with Linkedin. It's quite interesting to see who has looked at your profile - especially when it is ex-girlfriends!
Haha LinkedIn is a nightmare for that.

Occasionally forget that it does notify the other person and I go for a stalking session only to remeber ten minutes later.
A joyless arsehole

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

I know that if someone's searched for you on facebook by searching for your email address you'll definitely be suggested to them later as "people you might know". Don't know if the same thing happens if you only search for them by name.
I really am a biatch

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

LaaLaa wrote:I know that if someone's searched for you on facebook by searching for your email address you'll definitely be suggested to them later as "people you might know". Don't know if the same thing happens if you only search for them by name.
I think it does from what I've read online. Doesn't matter, not the end of the world. I'll have to stop being nosey.
MJInnocent

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

You could always block them, then unblock them again next time you want to have a perve!
I really am a biatch

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

kevin04 wrote:Did you ever master the 7/10 split at ten pin bowling, Leado?
I've not been bowling for ages. I've always thought it would be cool to have my own ball like you see in the movies. Might treat myself one day. I'm mer into improving at guitar now and going running.
MJInnocent

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Why not Leado. It's Christmas. Treat yourself to one.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Be careful liking photos on Facebook. I just liked a pic of a girl who is one of my friends who I have not seen in years and just got threatened by her husband. :(
THE EUROPEAN "FULL SET CLUB" - IT'S EXCLUSIVE

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Jonathan wrote:Be careful liking photos on Facebook. I just liked a pic of a girl who is one of my friends who I have not seen in years and just got threatened by her husband. :(
Bizarre.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Kowalski wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Be careful liking photos on Facebook. I just liked a pic of a girl who is one of my friends who I have not seen in years and just got threatened by her husband. :(
Bizarre.
I thought so to.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

What a belm :lol:

Hope she's getting slipped it left, right and centre.
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

Dinger

Post by Dinger »

Best to let go of the mouse or put your pad/phone down when you're knocking one off :D
Who goads the goaders?

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Sadact7 wrote:
What a belm :lol:

Hope she's getting slipped it left, right and centre.
We were more than friends a long time ago but he doesn't know that.
If I told him he would probably hunt me down :lol:

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

What a fud.

I've not been on Facebook for about a year. I didn't mean for it to be so long, but got bored of the same old shite and also people you thought were cool turning out to not be.

Don't miss it at all. Although met a girl I worked with a few weeks back and she's usually chatty, but was pretty reserved - turns out she thought I was ignorning because I didn't reply to her 'Happy Birthday' message from a couple of months back.

Although pissed up rants can be funny - especially the day after when they have strangely been deleted.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

kevin04 wrote:
What a fud.

I've not been on Facebook for about a year. I didn't mean for it to be so long, but got bored of the same old shite and also people you thought were cool turning out to not be.

Don't miss it at all. Although met a girl I worked with a few weeks back and she's usually chatty, but was pretty reserved - turns out she thought I was ignorning because I didn't reply to her 'Happy Birthday' message from a couple of months back.

Although pissed up rants can be funny - especially the day after when they have strangely been deleted.
Theres not a day goes by that I hear or read of someone's experience on facebook that doesnt make me thank the whole pantheon of gods that I never bothered my arse ever getting involved with this modern day farrago.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

I only use it to take the piss out of my mates, and/or photo bomb any serious post they put on Facebook

Who cares what they had for tea, if the dogs done a turd on the floor or posting up some bollocks saying or attention seeking drivel

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Is it OK to add someone that you don't know well but have chatted to at work and get on well?
MJInnocent

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

theleader82 wrote:Is it OK to add someone that you don't know well but have chatted to at work and get on well?
The day 'Facebook etiquette' becomes important is the day the world ends.

Presumably you want to shag her?
All eyes and ears...

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Roquetas wrote:
theleader82 wrote:Is it OK to add someone that you don't know well but have chatted to at work and get on well?
The day 'Facebook etiquette' becomes important is the day the world ends.

Presumably you want to shag her?
Something along those lines yes. She's a bit younger though so didn't know if it would seem creepy
MJInnocent