iOS 9 Launches Today

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
hereintheusa

iOS 9 Launches Today

Post by hereintheusa »

As a self confessed apple head I am excited to finally get my hands on ios9. I have been running the beta on my iPad for a while now but because it's the iPad 4 I can't make use of the biggest change which is split screen functionality.

Apple continue to tweak their iOS but I admit at times it seems they are doing catch up with Google. I think Google Now does a better job than Siri

birdie

Re: iOS 9 Launches Today

Post by birdie »

hereintheusa wrote:As a self confessed apple head I am excited to finally get my hands on ios9. I have been running the beta on my iPad for a while now but because it's the iPad 4 I can't make use of the biggest change which is split screen functionality.

Apple continue to tweak their iOS but I admit at times it seems they are doing catch up with Google. I think Google Now does a better job than Siri
I've just had a frantic phone call from my sister, she's downloaded the ios9 upgrade to her iPad Air and it's completely locked her out of Her iPad, it won't allow her to do anything, not even to force the switch off through the side button, apparently some bod at the Apple Store has told her not to download the update for at least 3 weeks, fat lot of good good that is, she told him, I've done it and it's locked the iPad completely, apparently Apple are going to send ME an email with details of a new password and how to unlock Her iPad.

I'm completely confused , anyone else had any bother? Or what has she done wrong?

Ta in advance.
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it