XBOX One v PS4

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
Gosport Mark

XBOX One v PS4

Post by Gosport Mark »

it is time to make the leap into the next gen consoles. prices and bundles are starting to look reasonable and I have £170 in game vouchers to off set the cost.

think it's got to be the xbox one and that is purely for the platform exclusives such as forza and halo. interested to know if anyone has an xbox one already and see how they're getting on with it.

may I add that this is for the kids; I may use occasionally.
Any comments contained within this post which are deemed offensive are unintentional. If any poster does wish to complain then please PM me first for a personal apology.

Rossco

Re: XBOX One v PS4

Post by Rossco »

Depends what you want it for mate. If for the whole family and not just gaming but watching TV, movies, youtube, skpe, facebake etc etc then get an Xbox1. If just for gaming then PS4 kicks the cunt clean out of it. The specs alone prove this and in a couple of years it will tell even more so for gaming.

So once you know what you want it for then the answer is easy :)
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

antdad

Post by antdad »

I'm not a gamer but bought the Xbox one a week or so ago from Agros for the "kids", £290 with Fifa 15 (inc £10 redemption of voucher) with which I bought Forza H2 and that is beautiful, unfortunately my driving ability doesn't match the surroundings or cars.

Gosport Mark

Post by Gosport Mark »

antdad wrote:I'm not a gamer but bought the Xbox one a week or so ago from Agros for the "kids", £290 with Fifa 15 (inc £10 redemption of voucher) with which I bought Forza H2 and that is beautiful, unfortunately my driving ability doesn't match the surroundings or cars.
cheers pops. have settled on the Xbox One but will most likely look at boxing day deals as not really in a rush.
Any comments contained within this post which are deemed offensive are unintentional. If any poster does wish to complain then please PM me first for a personal apology.

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Gosport Mark wrote:
antdad wrote:I'm not a gamer but bought the Xbox one a week or so ago from Agros for the "kids", £290 with Fifa 15 (inc £10 redemption of voucher) with which I bought Forza H2 and that is beautiful, unfortunately my driving ability doesn't match the surroundings or cars.
cheers pops. have settled on the Xbox One but will most likely look at boxing day deals as not really in a rush.
My eldest boy has been studying really hard as he has an exam to get into a grammar school in January. I didn't know he had it in him, he's been dilligently working every day of the school holidays and cracking on with test papers when he gets home from school for the last 3 months.

He loves the Xbox but we told him in September, that there was no more Xbox until he takes his exam, he needs to devote his time to other things like reading etc. He's done this with no fuss.

So to reward him he's getting an Xbox one on the day he takes his exam, that way he knows that pass or fail we are extremely proud of him.

It was by the skin of my teeth though, because I realised that Tesco were doing a double up on vouchers which ended on Sunday, I went in at 3:30 and was told I needed my clubcard to redeem them - I didn't have it, so had to drive the 7 miles there and back to get it, managed to get back with 2 minutes to go.

The customer services lady took me to the back of the store, but they had already closed up, but she said "please just go and have a look to see if you've got any" The bloke then said "do you want one with a kinect? I think we might have one left" having researched it, I couldn't find anywhere that was still bundling it so I said "yes"

Result Xbox one with a kinect for £329

Well happy.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Gosport Mark

Post by Gosport Mark »

Nice one Colin. I hope your lad passes his exam and I hope he loves the present. My lad had to do his 11+ in northern Ireland and managed to get into one of the best grammar schools in lisburn. Fortunately we moved before he had to go.

Gosport Mark

Post by Gosport Mark »

All xboxed up. Cracking bit of kit and the interface couldn't be better. XBL showing the way it should be done, again.