New Host

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
Arthur Brutal
Forum Admin

Re: New Host

Post by Arthur Brutal »

Looking fine. Thanks Mark
Done the double! League and cup winner: Fools Panel season 2017/18 (A).

icetruckiller

Post by icetruckiller »

mark wrote:Might need to clear the cache at your end - anybody else getting the same problem?
Yep
We're in the back bar scouring for action.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Has it settled down yet, having to log in?

birdie

Post by birdie »

mark wrote:Has it settled down yet, having to log in?
Seems to be fine so far, but I've just updated to IOS 8 on the iPad (can't say it's an improvement on the IOS 7) but I havent tried on the windows laptop yet.

Anyway, I may be consigned to the ether soon, changing IP on Tuesday, So just in case, it's been good to know y'all..

PS will I have to re register and all that malarkey?
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Mark my phone has just bent like a goddamn banana. Any way I can file a civil suit against talkFORUM?
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

birdie wrote:PS will I have to re register and all that malarkey?
No, you'll probably just have to log in again. (You might not even have to do that, depends if cookies store that type of info.)
I really am a biatch

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

TGOAH 15K wrote:Mark my phone has just bent like a goddamn banana. Any way I can file a civil suit against talkFORUM?
No but I'd be telling your representative in the living world who procured that phone on your behalf to revisit their supplier and complain in the strongest possible terms.

birdie

Post by birdie »

LaaLaa wrote:
No, you'll probably just have to log in again. (You might not even have to do that, depends if cookies store that type of info.)
Thanks Laa, there's all the other sites, like Amazon(what happens there, new account I suppose), the bally British Gas, Barnet Council, not to mention Cotton Traders, flipping eck, I'm beginning to think it's going to be a whole load of hassle, and all because himself wants to watch Sarries. :cry:

birdie

Post by birdie »

mark wrote:
TGOAH 15K wrote:Mark my phone has just bent like a goddamn banana. Any way I can file a civil suit against talkFORUM?
No but I'd be telling your representative in the living world who procured that phone on your behalf to revisit their supplier and complain in the strongest possible terms.
He's only trying to make us believe he's forked out £600+ for a bendy phone, been reading the papers obviously, bet hea got a 20 year old brick. :lol:

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Hey Mark, forum not working for me on Tapatalk whilst others are.
THE EUROPEAN "FULL SET CLUB" - IT'S EXCLUSIVE

No longer the Bridesmaid

Jonathan wrote:Hey Mark, forum not working for me on Tapatalk whilst others are.
My old tapatalk forum entry didn't work... you may need to revisit tf in your mobile browser to get the new tt link...or maybe just search tt for tf...once I logged into the new one all was good

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

TGOAH 15K wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Hey Mark, forum not working for me on Tapatalk whilst others are.
My old tapatalk forum entry didn't work... you may need to revisit tf in your mobile browser to get the new tt link...or maybe just search tt for tf...once I logged into the new one all was good
Cheers, that worked. Strange thing is I couldn't reply to you via Tapatalk. I could on other threads but not this one.

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

birdie wrote:
LaaLaa wrote:
Thanks Laa, there's all the other sites, like Amazon(what happens there, new account I suppose), the bally British Gas, Barnet Council, not to mention Cotton Traders, flipping eck, I'm beginning to think it's going to be a whole load of hassle, and all because himself wants to watch Sarries. :cry:
It shouldn't cause any trouble at all. There's no need for anything as drastic as any new accounts.
You said you'd be changing ip, so I assume that means you're changing to a new isp.
You log in to amazon (for example) with your email address and a password.
If you change isp then you may lose access to any email addresses @that isp.
All you need to do is make sure you have a record of the correct passwords (write them down on a bit of paper) since if you have to do the whole "I forgot my password" schtick then it would be sending a new password to an email address you perhaps no longer have access to.
So as long as you can remember your password then all you need to do is log in with your current password and change your email address to some other.
I really am a biatch

birdie

Post by birdie »

LaaLaa wrote:
birdie wrote:
LaaLaa wrote:
It shouldn't cause any trouble at all. There's no need for anything as drastic as any new accounts.
You said you'd be changing ip, so I assume that means you're changing to a new isp.
You log in to amazon (for example) with your email address and a password.
If you change isp then you may lose access to any email addresses @that isp.
All you need to do is make sure you have a record of the correct passwords (write them down on a bit of paper) since if you have to do the whole "I forgot my password" schtick then it would be sending a new password to an email address you perhaps no longer have access to.
So as long as you can remember your password then all you need to do is log in with your current password and change your email address to some other.
Many thanks for taking the trouble to write such a comprehensive reply, it's very much appreciated. Yes, I'm changing from AOHell to BT (yes, I know some say BT is cr*p) but BT have taken over much of the rugby broadcasts, and as himself is no
longer able to travel to,watch rugby I thought the next best thing was BT Sport.
As to Amazon and the rest, no doubt I will get there in the end, where, I don't know, but I'll get there. :lol:

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Mark, is the forum accessible on tapawank yet? I can't get on

stemcp

Post by stemcp »

I'm still not able to access via tapatalk, have deleted the forum and reinstalled it but now am not allowed to join, message says the forum is not available

Any ideas? I'm on iPhone if that helps. Was working fine up to a couple of days ago

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

stemcp wrote:I'm still not able to access via tapatalk, have deleted the forum and reinstalled it but now am not allowed to join, message says the forum is not available

Any ideas? I'm on iPhone if that helps. Was working fine up to a couple of days ago
Zambo's back, so you're banned.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Basualdo wrote:
stemcp wrote:I'm still not able to access via tapatalk, have deleted the forum and reinstalled it but now am not allowed to join, message says the forum is not available

Zambo's back, so you're banned.
We are all DOOMED

birdie

Post by birdie »

Perhaps if you have a friend who uses something other than tapatalk they may let you use their device to see if you can get onto the forum then you'll know that the problem lies with tapatalk, on the other hand perhaps you could try somewhere like Wetherspoons or the local, my local has BT.

Hope this makes sense to you.

stemcp

Post by stemcp »

I can get onto the forum via the safari web page (so I'm not banned). It's just via my normal tapatalk route that's blocked. And that's only for talkforum, the other forums I go on are still available on tapatalk

No longer the Bridesmaid

For all fellow tapawankers, try this as per few posts above:

"My old tapatalk forum entry didn't work... you may need to revisit tf in your mobile browser to get the new tt link...or maybe just search tt for tf...once I logged into the new one all was good"

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

I have emailed the top team at tapatalk for some clarification. Need to know how tapatalk manages re-directs to find out if people need to point at talkFORUM.org or talkFORUM.co.uk as they are both registered on tapatalk.

stemcp

Post by stemcp »

Thanks mark. I suspect the app is pointing me at the wrong suffix - you don't get the option to put in .co.uk etc

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Strangely I have no problem on Tapatalk on the iPad but can't get on the forum with my iPhone. :?

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

I tried to post tonight using my ipad, but it just froze.
Just tried it again now, and same again - it allows me to type a word or two, then freezes.
E & OE