Hd ready vs full hd

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
theleader82

Hd ready vs full hd

Post by theleader82 »

I've got an hd ready 32 inch Sony Bravia 720p. I've had it at least 4 years. Is it worth upgrading to full hd, will I notice much difference in picture quality? I saw there is now a new technology called ultra high definition but the cheapest tv is about £700 which is to much for me. I'm thinking of getting a ps4 so want the games to look as best they can. There's a full hd Samsung on sale at amazon from £235 which seems a good deal. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J ... d_i=560858
MJInnocent

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Re: Hd ready vs full hd

Post by LaaLaa »

Isn't HD ready the same as full HD?
I assumed HD Ready just meant the TV was ready to receive HD, since they've been selling them for yonks, perhaps even before the channels were available, so I assumed HD ready meant the TV was ready to receive HD when it became available.
I really am a biatch

subsub

Post by subsub »

I thought that 'HD Ready' was a myth, and only referred to 720p, whereas for 1080p, you need 'full HD'...?
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

subsub

Post by subsub »

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I've only got 720p now. Full hd is meant to be much better, but there's now a new technology out which is even better but v expensive. Think I will just upgrade to 1080p, £200 isn't bad for 32 inch full hd.
MJInnocent

subsub

Post by subsub »

theleader82 wrote:I've only got 720p now. Full hd is meant to be much better, but there's now a new technology out which is even better but v expensive. Think I will just upgrade to 1080p, £200 isn't bad for 32 inch full hd.
Got a Sky HD box a while back, which gives BBC1, 2, ITV and C4 in HD - the increase in quality is dramatic.

Countdown has never been the same...

:yawinkle: :smt023

antdad

Post by antdad »

HD ready means it can display HD but doesn't have a digital tuner capable of decoding a HD signal so displaying your PS4 should actually be fine although it won't be in full HD it'll still be HD. Whether you'd notice the difference I don't know, a new TV will have a HD tuner and better connectivity or you could just buy a Freeview HD box for terrestrial TV in HD as above.