connecting tablet to TV

Technology support & advice, including avatar requests
birdie

connecting tablet to TV

Post by birdie »

I'm trying to connect my ipad2 to my Toshiba, needless to say without success. Took it and the HDMI cable upstairs and connected it to the sprogs TV, it worked. It isn't the HDMI port because I use that for the NowTV box and the laptop. There isn't anything on theTV menu which helps, all the 'sources' boxes are enabled.

Any ideas, folks, or am I stuffed?
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: connecting tablet to TV

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

You probably need to pay Apple some money
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

If it works on the HDMI port on the spogs Telly then it should on any, has the toshiba got an av/ source button on the remote to choose between ports?
Brilliantly Honest

birdie

Post by birdie »

warmleatherette wrote:If it works on the HDMI port on the spogs Telly then it should on any, has the toshiba got an av/ source button on the remote to choose between ports?
The remote only has a'source' button, which gives you all the HDMI ports and ext1 ext2, there is a 'side av' whatever that means, I've connected the HDMI to the slot on the side, as opposed to the ones on the back , and pressed the switch there both ways, nothing, I've tried the USB on the side but got the message that there was I signal fromPC,

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Mmm is sprogs tv a newer one, googling suggests older tosh models aren't as clever as new ones :-(
Brilliantly Honest

birdie

Post by birdie »

warmleatherette wrote:Mmm is sprogs tv a newer one, googling suggests older tosh models aren't as clever as new ones :-(
I think that the sprogs TV (my kitchen one really but it got appropriated being a larger screen than the one she had) is older than the Toshiba, I bought the Toshiba in Decemer 2011, so technically it's less than 3 years old, (I think that a telly of that age should have the technology to connect an iPad) but maybe it was an end of line one, the price was good and I needed one in a hurry. Not to worry, it isn't too important, but many thanks for your input.

wathman

Post by wathman »

Talking about nowtv box, are they any good, I've got Sky but thought about getting a nowtv box for the kids tv's.....advice?...sorry for hijacking your thread.
Spanish Johnny drove in, from the underworld last night,with bruised arms and broken rhythm and a beat up old Buick but dressed just like dynamite!

birdie

Post by birdie »

wathman wrote:Talking about nowtv box, are they any good, I've got Sky but thought about getting a nowtv box for the kids tv's.....advice?...sorry for hijacking your thread.
No need to apologise wathman, that's what the forum is all about, people chatting to each other over different issues. As to the NowTV box, it's greatly dependant on the Internet signal, mine sometimes doesn't want to know all day, the Internet is working but the box doesn't want to know, so you go through the rigmarole or updating the Internet connection which sometime proves fruitless, also you have to give them your credit card details, so put parental controls on and don't give the kids the purchase code, it's purely a catchup box as far as the 5 TV channels go, but it has live sky sports provided you pay for a daily or weekly pass, it has kids channels (which I haven't looked at).

You can get most of the details by going to NowTV.com, which sells them for £9.99, but I've seen them in Sainsburys for £24.99, but who in their right mind would buy at that price.

For under a tenner it's not too much money lost if you don't like it, but be mindful that it is temperamental as far as the Internet signal goes,

No longer the Bridesmaid

I just plugged it up my bumhole

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

birdie wrote:I'm trying to connect my ipad2 to my Toshiba, needless to say without success. Took it and the HDMI cable upstairs and connected it to the sprogs TV, it worked. It isn't the HDMI port because I use that for the NowTV box and the laptop. There isn't anything on theTV menu which helps, all the 'sources' boxes are enabled.

If you buy an Apple TV box for about a hundred quid, bird, your problems will be solved.

No need of wires or cables or owt.....just use the Air Drop facility and you are there :)

And you don't even need the Air Drop to view Now....it works on Apple TV just by clicking on the tab.

You can watch Youtube as well without HDMI cables.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Petingo wrote:
birdie wrote:I'm trying to connect my ipad2 to my Toshiba, needless to say without success. Took it and the HDMI cable upstairs and connected it to the sprogs TV, it worked. It isn't the HDMI port because I use that for the NowTV box and the laptop. There isn't anything on theTV menu which helps, all the 'sources' boxes are enabled.

If you buy an Apple TV box for about a hundred quid, bird, your problems will be solved.

No need of wires or cables or owt.....just use the Air Drop facility and you are there :)

And you don't even need the Air Drop to view Now....it works on Apple TV just by clicking on the tab.

You can watch Youtube as well without HDMI cables.
Thanks ole Pet, but I reckon I can spend £100 better than than that, There isn't really any need yo connect it to the TV, but I just wondered why I couldnt.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Oh, OK bird :)
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Petingo wrote:Oh, OK bird :)

No probs Pet, I'm gratefull for all sensible suggestions, as are,I hazard a guess, most forumers who ask a question in the 'technology' section.

Reg

Post by Reg »

TGOAH 15K wrote:I just plugged it up my bumhole
Any good?
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

No longer the Bridesmaid

Reg wrote:
Any good?
Sensational

Reg

Post by Reg »

TGOAH 15K wrote:
Reg wrote:
Any good?
Sensational
Well fair play to you tbf then.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!