Zambo, you are the ref.

Anything sportlike
Zambo

Re: Zambo, you are the ref.

Post by Zambo »

The stupidity of messing about with Laws is shown in the one where you don't have to pass the ball forward from a kick off now.

For a start, how the fuck has that improved any part of the game, but when players pass back from the kick off they are breaking another law.

You are not allowed to be in your opponents half when you take the kick, so unless you stand in your own half and back heel the ball, you should be penalised with an indirect free kick.

I know it's minor bollocks, but it just shows what tossers these people are in the FA and FIFA.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Zambo. About 5am, big bad Bob Ballard had this guy from your area on. What do you think and know about this? Sounds good if it works:
https://www.hampshirefa.com/news/2016/o ... nt-weekend
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

It's a great idea Carlos, and there has been some impact. I hope it helps shame and embarrass parents who have been offloading same on their kids for many years.

Some of the stuff that goes on, on the touchline at kids games is a disgrace. Foul and abusive language and fights amongst parents is not uncommon. All kids want to do at that age is go out and enjoy themselves and having something like these silent games is hopefully sending a strong message that no one wants to see this sort of behaviour especiaaly their own kids.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Indeed and what I thought as well. My only concern is what happens if one parent starts gobbing off, how do you stop them? Stop the game or some peer group shame?

Zambo

Re: Zambo, you are the ref.x

Post by Zambo »

Carlos J wrote:Indeed and what I thought as well. My only concern is what happens if one parent starts gobbing off, how do you stop them? Stop the game or some peer group shame?
Yeah, I think that works best. Warn them that the game will abandoned if there is a repeat usually brings them to their senses. The other option is deducting points or fining the club.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Ta. Interesting how it catches on elsewhere.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

A few years ago, it’s not a modern occurrence, I was snatching a young woman refereeing an under 11s game.
One woman, clearly a mother, was shouting the odds about her decisions.
She stopped the match and told her if she didn’t leave the ground the match would be abandoned.
The woman had to walk away, about three hundred yards, and the game then carried on.
When I left the gobby woman was leaning on her car in the car park looking thoroughly pissed off.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

You usually find that moms are much worse than dads

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Zambo....what is the ruling on colour clashes?

Arsenal came to Goodison tonight and, as they normally do these days, played in a totally unnecessary change strip.

But their yellow strip was almost identical to the Everton goalkeeper's uniform.

Should the referee not have insisted Arsenal wore a different strip.

Like their traditional red body with white sleeves?
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Verum peto

Post by Verum peto »

Petingo wrote:Zambo....what is the ruling on colour clashes?

Arsenal came to Goodison tonight and, as they normally do these days, played in a totally unnecessary change strip.

But their yellow strip was almost identical to the Everton goalkeeper's uniform.

Isn't it because some of us haven't caught up with technology. Blue and red look too similar on a black and white TV.
"For those of you viewing in black and white, Everton are the team in blue."

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

You think you have got problems, Pet. Spare a thought for those of us who are colour blind :(
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Covered in Law 4 Pet, but as per, it's just another example of referees ignoring the laws.

Teams are promoting their way strip(s). Some refs are fussy and will not allow same colour shorts/socks, so Arsenal may have been give a choice wear different colour shorts or change completely

The two teams must wear colours that distinguish them from each other and the match officials

Each goalkeeper must wear colours that are distinguishable from the other players and the match officials

If the two goalkeepers’ shirts are the same colour and neither has another shirt, the referee allows the match to be played.

Undershirts must be the same colour as the main colour of the shirt sleeve; undershorts/tights must be the same colour as the main colour of the shorts or the lowest part of the shorts - players of the same team must wear the same colour

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Yeah, because Everton never do that.

Everton wore this strip last season, away to Southampton.

Southampton play in red and white strips with black shorts. So Everton could easily played in their blue kit. Not the totally unnecessary kit above.

:roll:
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Bit touchy this morning, Rupe. Aren't we?

ENIC OUT

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Steve Hunt wrote:

You think you have got problems, Pet. Spare a thought for those of us who are colour blind :(

He's got the same problem as the rest of us. Last season he was moaning about the same thing. I pointed out to him a totally unnecessary change strip for Everton. He didn't reply and a doubt he'll reply today. I'm sure we've all seen Everton play in their away strip when blue wouldn't clash with the home teams kit.
Forever In Our Shadow

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Steve Hunt wrote:Bit touchy this morning, Rupe. Aren't we?

Nope i'm fine.... Just laughing at Pet's self-righteous views on away teams kits.
Forever In Our Shadow

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Sinbad wrote:

Nope i'm fine.... Just laughing at Pet's self-righteous views on away teams kits.
tbf to Ol' Pet, I interpreted his post as questioning/clarifying the referees position on clashing kit, Rupe.

ENIC OUT

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

tbf to Ol' Pet, I interpreted his post as questioning/clarifying the referees position on clashing kit, Rupe.

There wasn't a clash. Two to totally different colours. I was pointing out to Ol' Pet, that Everton also change strip when there is no need for it.
Forever In Our Shadow

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Sinbad wrote:

Southampton play in red and white strips with black shorts. So Everton could easily played in their blue kit. Not the totally unnecessary kit above.

Whatchoo talking 'bout, Willis.

Sore loser you, blud :x

:box:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

Which is exactly what I was doing, Mr. Hunt.

There was no need for ol' Sore Loser Rupe to start ranting like that.

Oh, it's so unfair......those rotters wouldn't let us win and now they have the cheek to complain about us wearing the same coloured shirt as their goalie :rolleyes:

boo fucking hoo...... :drinkers:

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Steve Hunt wrote:

This was what prompted my query, Mr. H.

Yesterday was my first match since I had a bit of surgery on the old mince pies a month ago and the vision is still slightly blurred.

When Arsenal were attacking I couldn't distinguish our goalie from their players :lol:

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Petingo wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Yesterday was my first match since I had a bit of surgery on the old mince pies a month ago and the vision is still slightly blurred.

When Arsenal were attacking I couldn't distinguish our goalie from their players :lol:
Refs these days don't appear to bother that the keeper wears a similar colour to the opposition outfield players. nor that it clashes with their own top. The law is there for a very good reason, but there are a whole list of basic law that they are not applying and enforcing. It doesn't appear that they are accountable to anyone, and whilst everyone grins and bears it, it will continue.

You have to ask for example, why the PGMOL are against retrospective action for diving.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Zambo wrote:
Petingo wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Refs these days don't appear to bother that the keeper wears a similar colour to the opposition outfield players. nor that it clashes with their own top. The law is there for a very good reason, but there are a whole list of basic law that they are not applying and enforcing. It doesn't appear that they are accountable to anyone, and whilst everyone grins and bears it, it will continue.

You have to ask for example, why the PGMOL are against retrospective action for diving.

Cheers, Zam.

Now you were saying about shorts.

Someone told me two teams are not allowed to wear the same colour shorts these days....even if their proper tops are totally different from each other, like Everton v Arsenal.

Is this true?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

There is nothing in the FIFA or FA guidelines or laws on colour clashes of shorts and socks, so it is down to the referee. Before each game, the team captains enter the referees dressing room and they bring with them a shirt, pair of shorts and pair of socks, and the ref decides what article if any needs changing by the away side. Some refs for example will allow black and white stripes v red and white stripes other refs will opt for a change. They should not allow any clashes with their own top, nor should the keepers top clash with the opposition or the ref.

re away kits, I believe some suppliers insist that a team wears an away strip for so many games each season.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Petingo wrote:
Sinbad wrote:

Whatchoo talking 'bout, Willis.

Sore loser you, blud :x

:box:

Of course not, fair play to Everton, they were by far the better team, on the night.
Forever In Our Shadow