Zambo, you are the ref.

Anything sportlike
Sadact7

Re: Zambo, you are the ref.

Post by Sadact7 »

mistymorning wrote:
antdad wrote:Well he's clearly not hard enough to make the Euros...ooooopps.

I'm not sure hardness is a requirement, otherwise Nigel-land wouldn't be there would it?
Still singing that little song about the one time you beat the English in a battle?
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

mistymorning

Post by mistymorning »

Sadact7 wrote:
mistymorning wrote:

I'm not sure hardness is a requirement, otherwise Nigel-land wouldn't be there would it?
Still singing that little song about the one time you beat the English in a battle?

Which one there's hundreds

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

mistymorning wrote:

Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

antdad

Post by antdad »

...not exactly the Archbishop of Banterbury is he?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Relates to following post in Premier league thread

https://www.talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... &start=180

Copy of email I sent to Keith Hackett today and his reply. The biggest problem we have is that the referees body has become an island. They do not have a website, they do not have an email address. It would help a great deal if questions could be asked and answers received.

Keith,

Whilst there can be no excuse for elbowing an opponent in the face, yet again we have an example of it happening because the referee didn't penalise either grappling, holding or shirt pulling. In the heat of the moment, players will react and retaliate, and it's up to match officials to apply and enforce the laws before that can happen.

Some of this can be attributed to poor positioning, but I have no idea why some don't penalise when they see it. We had the ridiculous comment from Howard Webb last week, when he said well he didn't think enough force was applied. Maybe that is why they aren't penalising. Who knows unless we can ask them and they tell us.

Regards,

I am afraid that Howard has lost his independence
And forgotten law.
I mentioned earlier today in the TV studio that if grappling was penalised we would then see less or no deliberate use of the elbow
Howard is trying to maintain links with the refs he use to work with.
He needs to move on and quote law.
It was a very poor Saturday for officials and I have been inundated with emails from my American contacts who were bemused by Lee Masons very poor performance.
Even CLATTENBURG missed a nailed on penalty kick.
I hope that someone at The FA and PGMOL are reading my blog
I was at Bramall Lane and one of the nice guys Trevor Kettle was very poor
Regards
Keith

I was at Fratton Park, and there was a Premier League reffing on that, and he and hos assistants were woeful.

Something has to be done
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Reg

Post by Reg »

One of the many terrible refereeing performances that I’ve grumbled about this season was the Palace-Arsenal game, when Lee Mason allowed Coquelin to get away with numerous fouls, booked him, then allowed him to get away with two more blatant yellow card offences. At this point he told the Arsenal captain to make sure Coquelin was substituted, or he would be sent off.

Last week against Watford something similar occurred. At a dead-ball situation, Troy Deeney spoke to the referee and told him that he was being held. The ref then whistled for the kick to be taken, and awarded a penalty for holding Deeney.

Now, as everyone aways says, if every holding offence was penalized, you’d have dozens of penalties every game. But fair enough, it was a foul, and as long as he was consistent, no one could complain.

But later on the same thing occurred in the opposite penalty box as a corner was about to be taken. Instead of allowing the kick to be taken and awarding a penalty, he went to the Watford defender and told him to stop holding - despite the fact that awarding a penalty earlier should have served as a pretty clear warning already.

My questions are:

Are refs allowed to intervene by asking managers to sub players, even after they should already have been sent off?

And is the inconsistent behavior in the Watford game justified? Surely he should have either warned both teams, or awarded a penalty to both sides.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Reg wrote:One of the many terrible refereeing performances that I’ve grumbled about this season was the Palace-Arsenal game, when Lee Mason allowed Coquelin to get away with numerous fouls, booked him, then allowed him to get away with two more blatant yellow card offences. At this point he told the Arsenal captain to make sure Coquelin was substituted, or he would be sent off.

Last week against Watford something similar occurred. At a dead-ball situation, Troy Deeney spoke to the referee and told him that he was being held. The ref then whistled for the kick to be taken, and awarded a penalty for holding Deeney.

Now, as everyone aways says, if every holding offence was penalized, you’d have dozens of penalties every game. But fair enough, it was a foul, and as long as he was consistent, no one could complain.

But later on the same thing occurred in the opposite penalty box as a corner was about to be taken. Instead of allowing the kick to be taken and awarding a penalty, he went to the Watford defender and told him to stop holding - despite the fact that awarding a penalty earlier should have served as a pretty clear warning already.

My questions are:

Are refs allowed to intervene by asking managers to sub players, even after they should already have been sent off?

And is the inconsistent behavior in the Watford game justified? Surely he should have either warned both teams, or awarded a penalty to both sides.
1. Absolutely not. Referees have no power to decide who should be subbed for any reason whether it be for misconduct or injury.

2. If the ref spots holding and grappling before the restart of play, he should deal with offenders before the retake. If he spots it after the ball has been kicked then a free kick should be awarded and any other disciplinary action taken. Problem is there is a great deal of inconsistency and many refs let it go.

Verum peto

Post by Verum peto »

Zambo wrote:
Reg wrote:One of the many terrible refereeing performances that I’ve grumbled about this season was the Palace-Arsenal game, when Lee Mason allowed Coquelin to get away with numerous fouls, booked him, then allowed him to get away with two more blatant yellow card offences. At this point he told the Arsenal captain to make sure Coquelin was substituted, or he would be sent off.

My questions are:

1. Absolutely not. Referees have no power to decide who should be subbed for any reason whether it be for misconduct or injury.

2. If the ref spots holding and grappling before the restart of play, he should deal with offenders before the retake. If he spots it after the ball has been kicked then a free kick should be awarded and any other disciplinary action taken. Problem is there is a great deal of inconsistency and many refs let it go.

If the ref spots holding and grappling before the restart wouldn't it be permissible to give the offender a yellow card. Then if they were stupid enough to continue, before or after the restart, they would be off. Applied consistently, a vain hope I know, it would cure the problem in no time at all.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Verum peto wrote:
Zambo wrote:

My questions are:

If the ref spots holding and grappling before the restart wouldn't it be permissible to give the offender a yellow card. Then if they were stupid enough to continue, before or after the restart, they would be off. Applied consistently, a vain hope I know, it would cure the problem in no time at all.

A yellow, definitely, particularly if he has spoken to the offender before. If it's a first offence then holding is usually dealt with with a warning in the first instance if the ball is not in play. However for e.g if a defender holds down an opponent who looks like getting to the ball after the kick as been taken, then a definite yellow imo. This has got completely out of control though, and has led to much inconsistency.

It came up as a talking point after Mike Dean gave a pen at Newcastle for holding. It was suggested that if refs spot holding before the kick is taken, then they should do nothing, then if it still goes on after the kick has been taken, then give a pen. This would no doubt be a deterrent, but refs have only themselves to blame for not penalising the offence consistently.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

FIFAs new law to reduce the delay in getting games restarted quicker after fouls, and to encourage players to make their own way from the filed of play when they are injured, instead of lying down pretending to be unconscious waiting for the physio to come on.

Verum peto

Post by Verum peto »

PSG v M/c City.
Did I hear Howard Webb say that he was already losing possession so it couldn't be a penalty?
A correct decision? I always thought a foul was a foul irrespective of the ball.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Howard Webb is dick. If the ball is in play when a foul is committed then a free kick should be awarded. Possession has fuck all to do with it.

So if the ball is in one penalty area and someone kicks an opponent in the other the ref should allow play to continue. Wanker.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

All ref decisions should be retrospectively analysed and ANYTHING deemed incorrect in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER should result in prison time for the offending ref and full refunds for anyone who has ever paid sky or bt any money ever.
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:All ref decisions should be retrospectively analysed and ANYTHING deemed incorrect in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER should result in prison time for the offending ref and full refunds for anyone who has ever paid sky or bt any money ever.
I'd go further, and hang the cunts. They have ruined much of the Premier League this season. There have been countless occasions when they have been match changing and result changing cock ups, particular with pens not given when they should have been and given when they shouldn't. It doesn't help when you have twats like Webb, a former selector group performance director, talking shite.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

YES. Let's start fresh at ground zero by killing all current refs and replacing them with people who know what the fuck is going on i.e. rappers
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

For anyone interested, a good blog here from Keith Hackett. He nails every point. I wish to fuck he was still PGMOL manager, he would be sorting the cunts out. Carroll shouldn't have been on the pitch to score the goals which gave West Ham a point, and how can you have ex players and managers, who spent a lot of their time flaunting the laws of the game, assessing referees. Bonkers.

http://you-are-the-ref.com/hacketts-blo ... rotection/

Verum peto

Post by Verum peto »

Another serious question for you. You may guess which ex-referee I am quoting.
How much contact does there have to be for a free kick/penalty to be given.
After a push - there wasn't enough contact for it to be a foul.
Isn't a push a push.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Verum peto wrote:Another serious question for you. You may guess which ex-referee I am quoting.
How much contact does there have to be for a free kick/penalty to be given.
After a push - there wasn't enough contact for it to be a foul.
Isn't a push a push.
I was again very surprised to hear Howard Webb talking absolute bollocks on this today during the Norwich Sunderland game. Of course a push is a push and should be penalised. The incident he was talking about looked a clear penalty, as the player jumped and was obviously in a good position to head the ball, he was nudged forward and he missed it. The amount of force is irrelevant, particularly when a player is deprived of progress when in possession of the ball or likely to take possession.

Webb seems to have a bee in his bonnet about this, and whilst football is a contact sport, players should not be using their arms, hands or bodies to force opponents off the ball. He needs putting straight, but it is amazing that he needs to be.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Other countries refs admin is obviously in a shit state as well.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 53127.html

And the danger of being a match official. An incentive for improvement perhaps. :D

http://www.101greatgoals.com/101ggvideo ... hce-video/

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/a ... drew-blood

Petingo

Has our day come at last, Zambo.

Post by Petingo »

I am loving the penalies and bookings for Shawcross and Wee Reem.

Hopefully they are now serious about stopping the free for all that ensues every time a corner kick is taken :)
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Zambo

Re: Has our day come at last, Zambo.

Post by Zambo »

It's been too long coming Pet. Referees at any level, let alone at the top shouldn't have to be reminded that they have to enforce basic laws of the game. If we see conistency this offence, which has been blighting the game for several seasons will disappear.

veritas vincit

Post by veritas vincit »

I can't believe that those two were the only two offenders today.
How many other penalties have been given; anybody know?

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

veritas vincit wrote:I can't believe that those two were the only two offenders today.
How many other penalties have been given; anybody know?

I am sure they will discuss the issue on MOTD and make comparisons with other games.

I could be wrong but I don't think there were any pennos awarded at all in the EPL afternoon kick offs.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

In less tha 1 min 30 secs of the Leicester v Arsenal game we had a situation not penalised. Clattenburg either missed or bottled it.

Ironically it was against one of the serial offenders Robert Huth.

Inconsistency will ruin this reminder to refs to clamp down.

veritas vincit

Mike Dean

Post by veritas vincit »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-8804361

Perhaps our resident referee could comment on this. I know my opinion, and it stinks.