Sir Dave Brailsford @ Select Commitee

Anything sportlike
carcinogen

Sir Dave Brailsford @ Select Commitee

Post by carcinogen »

Any see any of Sir Dave being grilled about TUE's, Wigging's, and THAT jiffy bag? Shifty as fuck.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: Sir Dave Brailsford @ Select Commitee

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

EEES DOON NOOFINK RONNNNN!
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Who is this Brailsford fella? Some MP or civil servant or something?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Lil Leos bloodbag mule and err holder of the ring

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Lil Leos bloodbag mule and err holder of the ring
Ah, I googled him. A bicyclismist.
That explains it. My ignorance of that whole stank of a pastime is up there with my ignorance of everything else.
It also makes Carc's original post slightly clearer...just slightly though.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

No longer the Bridesmaid

"Team SKY"

What could possibly be dodgy about that?

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

I want Team Sky to be clean. That was the whole ethos behind the team.

But sadly, I now have serious doubts.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Steve Hunt wrote:I want Team Sky to be clean. That was the whole ethos behind the team.

Steve,

Team SKY broke no rules. Of that I have no doubt it in my mind. However, in the spirit of fair play and given that Dave Brailsford's supposed ethos is based on 'marginal gains', ie: making sure each rider has the best possible pillow to sleep on at night, allowing your star rider (Wiggins) to take a powerful steroid before the 2011 and 2012 Tours de France and 2013 Giro d’Italia really does make people question the whole thing.

I won't bang on, because there are some good articles today in The Guardian if you wish to read further. But after 10 weeks of SKY playing silly beggars, it turns out the drug delivered to Wiggins was for clearing phlegm, which could be bought for a couple of quid from a French pharmacy and completely legal (although not in England). Yet, it was flown out to him from Manchester, Via Geneva, and driven through France. Secondly, the drug in question shouldn't be used by people suffering from Asthma, for which the TUE's Wiggins was injected with was to counteract.

To me, it's just a total fucking PR fuck-up and SKY have been tripped-up by trying to appear whiter-than-white when in fact they are (legally) gray.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/dec/19/mystery-package-fluimucil-dave-brailsford-cycling
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Cheers, Carc

Interesting read.

ENIC OUT

the puddin

Post by the puddin »

Doped to the fucking gills. I don't care about that, all of my favourite cyclists were. It's the whiter than white hypocrisy I can't stand. They are doing exactly the same as us postal were with Lance Armstrong but pretending things are different, same old shit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
"It's what we do...."

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

the puddin wrote:Doped to the fucking gills. I don't care about that, all of my favourite cyclists were. It's the whiter than white hypocrisy I can't stand. They are doing exactly the same as us postal were with Lance Armstrong but pretending things are different, same old shit.

I have an original 2000 US Postal Jersey puddin'. I wear it with pride on my shitty old mountain bike when I feel inspired to go for a ride. This one:

I agree, I hate all the bullshit too. I got sucked into the who Sky thing. Brailsford is a complicated character. I like him, but he definitely has two sides. His sharper than sharp suit, designer bins and flash watch didn't do much for me, I must admit. If I was appearing at a select committee hearing I'd tone all that shit down. Shane Sutton, who appeared on the committee before DB, came across as a bit of a cunt, or should I say, an abrasive character.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

carcinogen wrote: Shane Sutton, who appeared on the committee before DB, came across as a bit of a cunt, or should I say, an abrasive character.
He did. But I liked what he said.

Just hope it is true

ENIC OUT

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Is this all being reported in full on Sky News ? Don't watch it myself.
THE EUROPEAN "FULL SET CLUB" - IT'S EXCLUSIVE

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Jonathan wrote:Is this all being reported in full on Sky News ? Don't watch it myself.
I caught it on the BBC Parliament channel.

paolo

Post by paolo »

carcinogen wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:I want Team Sky to be clean. That was the whole ethos behind the team.

Steve,

Team SKY broke no rules. Of that I have no doubt it in my mind. However, in the spirit of fair play and given that Dave Brailsford's supposed ethos is based on 'marginal gains', ie: making sure each rider has the best possible pillow to sleep on at night, allowing your star rider (Wiggins) to take a powerful steroid before the 2011 and 2012 Tours de France and 2013 Giro d’Italia really does make people question the whole thing.

I won't bang on, because there are some good articles today in The Guardian if you wish to read further. But after 10 weeks of SKY playing silly beggars, it turns out the drug delivered to Wiggins was for clearing phlegm, which could be bought for a couple of quid from a French pharmacy and completely legal (although not in England). Yet, it was flown out to him from Manchester, Via Geneva, and driven through France. Secondly, the drug in question shouldn't be used by people suffering from Asthma, for which the TUE's Wiggins was injected with was to counteract.

To me, it's just a total fucking PR fuck-up and SKY have been tripped-up by trying to appear whiter-than-white when in fact they are (legally) gray.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/dec/19/mystery-package-fluimucil-dave-brailsford-cycling

good post
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

paolo

Post by paolo »

if only froome had the balls to keep the pedals turning when showing the evil wiggo a clean pair of heels, none of this would have blown up

and whatever happens, wiggo won the tour, and sadly, that cannot be taken away
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

paolo wrote:if only froome had the balls to keep the pedals turning when showing the evil wiggo a clean pair of heels, none of this would have blown up

Didn't Contador have his 2010 TDF and Giro title taken away from him after a proven drug offence?

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

paolo wrote:if only froome had the balls to keep the pedals turning when showing the evil wiggo a clean pair of heels, none of this would have blown up

I was on the Wiggo bandwagon. Then all this blew up. And THEN, TODAY, I wandered into Halfords and saw the 'Wiggin's' branded bikes for kids. Lovely. I get it. I'm all for it. But sadly, Bradley, stinks now.

It's a shame Froome is such an unlikable cunt really. Nice bloke. Amazing rider. But has the whiff of 'cunt'. Plus he's Kenyan. White tho.

the puddin

Post by the puddin »

He's not an amazing rider. Contador rides the bike like a dream. Best quote I've heard is Contador is a great cyclist who takes drugs and Froome is a great drug taker who cycles.

"It's what we do...."

paolo

Post by paolo »

carcinogen wrote:

I was on the Wiggo bandwagon. Then all this blew up. And THEN, TODAY, I wandered into Halfords and saw the 'Wiggin's' branded bikes for kids. Lovely. I get it. I'm all for it. But sadly, Bradley, stinks now.

It's a shame Froome is such an unlikable cunt really. Nice bloke. Amazing rider. But has the whiff of 'cunt'. Plus he's Kenyan. White tho.
can u still get boardman bikes in halfords? they were good

yes, froome the kenyan...i wonder if as many pelters will be given out for calling the white kenyan a kenyan as opposed to the black kenyan a kenyan

(for the snow flakes, kenya is a country, kenyan decribes a person if they are indeed kenyan)
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

paolo

Post by paolo »

paolo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:

yes, froome the kenyan...i wonder if as many pelters will be given out for calling the white kenyan a kenyan as opposed to the black kenyan a kenyan

(for the snow flakes, kenya is a country, kenyan decribes a person if they are indeed kenyan)
2 awful cunts whose birds are even more odious.....mo farah, wiggo....cundy
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

the puddin wrote:He's not an amazing rider. Contador rides the bike like a dream. Best quote I've heard is Contador is a great cyclist who takes drugs and Froome is a great drug taker who cycles.
Ok, I admit Froome's style is fucking jarring. He peddles like a man wading through custard, but he's a fucking good rider.

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

paolo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:

Halfords now own Boardman mate, but their bikes are still very very good ....go get one :D
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

paolo wrote:
paolo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:

2 awful cunts whose birds are even more odious.....mo farah, wiggo....cundy
As per, I like Mrs Mo. Too good for him despite being not that great. But she has some spunk.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

paolo

Post by paolo »

Northern Troglodite wrote:
paolo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:

Halfords now own Boardman mate, but their bikes are still very very good ....go get one :D
Used to have one

Great spec
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed