World Darts Championship 2016/17 - Game & Everything

Anything sportlike
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: World Darts Championship 2016/17 - Game & Everything

Post by Carlos J »

Yep. l-r Smith, Oliver, Nelson.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Look bored out of their tits,must be a freebee !!
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Jollier when they got to have a go with the dancers: :) Oliver (thanx CJ) looks an awfully wee fella.

You ARE Rodney Bewes

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

The Sun wallchart is only online, what good that is I don't know, yes print but :roll: it is enormous.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/upl ... racket.jpg

You ARE Rodney Bewes

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Rainbowmonkey wrote:Oliver (thanx CJ) looks an awfully wee fella.
I once shared a lift with Oliver in a Manchester hotel before an Amir Khan fight. I wouldn't criticise him to his face tbh. :box:
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

carcinogen wrote:
Rainbowmonkey wrote:Oliver (thanx CJ) looks an awfully wee fella.
I once shared a lift with Oliver in a Manchester hotel before an Amir Khan fight. I wouldn't criticise him to his face tbh. :box:
I thought you knew no boundaries My Carc?

Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Rainbowmonkey wrote:Jollier when they got to have a go with the dancers: :) Oliver (thanx CJ) looks an awfully wee fella.

Sorry for some boxing deviation, RM, but may be interesting. Funnily enough, Smith, again on the left, despite being the oddest looking ain't a boxer. A Sky exec. Johnny Nelson, former world champion and often friend of H&J is a good sort. Oliver is the most interesting.

5'4", RM, super-bantamweight (122lbs). Darts has their stats site, for boxing it is Boxrec, here be Oliver: http://boxrec.com/boxer/20743

Had to familiarise and rewatch the Devakov fight as not seen it since 1998. Some potted history, In the previous few years in the British ring, you had the injuries to Michael Watson and Gerald McClellan, big names, lives ruined, Bradley Stone died and others also injured. Usual calls of boxing to be banned, but better medical facilities were to be there.

Oliver, 23, was the bright young thing of British Boxing, bar Naz, defending his European SBW title for the 5th time. Odds on favourite against Devakov. More deviation, I always like the underdog, especially in boxing when some funny eastern european most would take the piss out of.

Note the comms in Rd6 talking about Oliver struggling to make weight, as alluded to in a commenter talking about weight-draining. However disagree with those saying he had gone in Rd1. His eyes were blinking in the corner for a minute, but fought finely the next 4 rounds.

Anyway, watch the fight. If not all watch Rd1 and Rds6-10 or just Rd10:

phpBB [video]

Just a great short right floored him. BBC old website after surgery: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/88184.stm

Great for him, he did come through fairly well unlike G-Man, Watson et al and numerous RIP. :(

Anyway, on with the Adonis. 8)

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Okey dokey.

Here are the entries for tonight and tomorrow afternoon. Apologies for their lateness.

FRI EVE: Gerwyn Price v Jonny Clayton 3-1
FRI EVE: Steve Beaton v Devon Petersen 3-2

SAT AFT: Terry Jenkins v Josh Payne 3-2
SAT AFT: John Henderson v Andrew Gilding 1-3

I'll do the rest throughout the evening to get them up to date.

Suffice it to say there were some terrible darts thrown yesterday bar Ando and Rapid Ricky's sub 3second 180. It's just a shame the youtube clip dragged on for 6 times longer than the throw keeping us sat there way longer than necessary.

And that frosty cunt should sell his nickname to someone more worthy the useless duffer.

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Adonis! I'm excited on behalf of others and hope the old bugger gets battered.

If I'm honest!

Catch Jerry's likely dance-off with Wright later. Le confidence.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

That's not buffering, it's actually Dancing Devon's throw.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

m4rkb wrote:Okey dokey.

Here are the entries for tonight and tomorrow afternoon. Apologies for their lateness.

FRI EVE: Gerwyn Price v Jonny Clayton 3-1
FRI EVE: Steve Beaton v Devon Petersen 3-2

SAT AFT: Terry Jenkins v Josh Payne 3-2
SAT AFT: John Henderson v Andrew Gilding 1-3

I'll do the rest throughout the evening to get them up to date.
Please do finish these tonight, ta.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Devon takes the second set 3-0. Dross. 1-1.

The Rowse honey ad is rather near.

Cunts dressed up as parrots won the fancy dress.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Rainbowmonkey wrote:Devon takes the second set 3-0. Dross. 1-1.

You seem angry RM. I don't like you in this mood.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Adonis. Done. :) I sadly streamed that. :)

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

mwah. Not sad at all CJ. You go. 89 average, jobdone.

You ARE Rodney Bewes

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

carcinogen wrote:
Rainbowmonkey wrote:Devon takes the second set 3-0. Dross. 1-1.

You seem angry RM. I don't like you in this mood.
At ease, carc. Light as a feather.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Krusty looking comfy so far. Jerry Hendriks' brother's name is Jimmy. True story.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Just as an aside and brought over from the regular darts thread. Remember this from October:
Carlos J wrote:
Rainbowmonkey wrote:
The End wrote:Not having the busy calendar thing. Not for one second. Especially for the Euro events - I feel they have an obligation to promote darts given the life it is enabling to have.
I think missing the odd one is fair enough. The crowds in Germany are bouncing and growing regardless. I don't agree with the mass avoiding that goes on though because some of it is plainly taking the piss. You wanna know precisely what Wade and Lewis are doing this weekend:

http://www.superbreak.com/hotels/darts_ ... -16781.htm

Lewis picked that over much needed ranking points. A sickening waste of talent him.
We should have have #fakeforummeet on one of these. Look at this, end of Feb, £130 with Lewis, Wade, Bristow, Deller and lovely Sammi: http://www.poferries.com/en/hull-rotter ... minicruise It would be carnage :drinkers: :drinkers: :dart: :dart: :box: :box: We could all bunk up at Gene's the night before. :P

I'm quite tempted. Lewis is playing in the second Norwich event on Thursday: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/norwich- ... 0996731790 Was tempted but work and stuff. The event I went to a few months back, as per posts was fun, but a knockout tournament rather than three head to heads. Think I told the tale of how we went up the stair to go into the venue just after it started and there standing at the door, waiting his walk-on was Bristow. Big fella, said "Alright mate". Waited for hin to do his entrance before entering.
So looking now, what do we see: http://www.poferries.com/en/hull-rotter ... minicruise

No Lewis, Wade, Bristow and dear Sammi at £130. Instead at £65 you get Bobby George, Keith Deller, Russ Bray and comedian Lee Lard? :roll: Who? Lee Lard, a Peter Kay tribute. :dart:

Fucks sake if booked. Fuck sake not booked. Even at half price it is not worthy.

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Carlos J wrote:Just as an aside and brought over from the regular darts thread. Remember this from October:
Carlos J wrote:
Rainbowmonkey wrote:
The End wrote:Not having the busy calendar thing. Not for one second. Especially for the Euro events - I feel they have an obligation to promote darts given the life it is enabling to have.
I think missing the odd one is fair enough. The crowds in Germany are bouncing and growing regardless. I don't agree with the mass avoiding that goes on though because some of it is plainly taking the piss. You wanna know precisely what Wade and Lewis are doing this weekend:

Lewis picked that over much needed ranking points. A sickening waste of talent him.
We should have have #fakeforummeet on one of these. Look at this, end of Feb, £130 with Lewis, Wade, Bristow, Deller and lovely Sammi: http://www.poferries.com/en/hull-rotter ... minicruise It would be carnage :drinkers: :drinkers: :dart: :dart: :box: :box: We could all bunk up at Gene's the night before. :P

I'm quite tempted. Lewis is playing in the second Norwich event on Thursday: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/norwich- ... 0996731790 Was tempted but work and stuff. The event I went to a few months back, as per posts was fun, but a knockout tournament rather than three head to heads. Think I told the tale of how we went up the stair to go into the venue just after it started and there standing at the door, waiting his walk-on was Bristow. Big fella, said "Alright mate". Waited for hin to do his entrance before entering.
So looking now, what do we see: http://www.poferries.com/en/hull-rotter ... minicruise

No Lewis, Wade, Bristow and dear Sammi at £130. Instead at £65 you get Bobby George, Keith Deller, Russ Bray and comedian Lee Lard? :roll: Who? Lee Lard, a Peter Kay tribute. :dart:

Fucks sake if booked. Fuck sake not booked. Even at half price it is not worthy.
Yes I do and dear god that's collapsed. No good at all. Lee Lard :lol:
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Jerry going nicely now. Exploded into a very good game. Hendriks 156 checkout, Wright 131 in the next leg.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Rainbowmonkey wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Just as an aside and brought over from the regular darts thread. Remember this from October:
Carlos J wrote:
Rainbowmonkey wrote:

I was keen as well. maybe the later in the year will be better. I want to be with arrars afloat, sometime.

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

And a brutal 141 for the set. wewd clarss from Wright to squeak that out, which is what he is. Jez is fucked now, missed about 4 darts for the set. Hedrinks, more like. Admirable effort by him though.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Carlos J wrote:
Rainbowmonkey wrote:
Carlos J wrote:
Rainbowmonkey wrote:

I was keen as well. maybe the later in the year will be better. I want to be with arrars afloat, sometime.
Bristow was dropped from an exhibition recently in light of his tweets. I wonder if he's been dropped from the ferry too. Not sure what the relative dates are here but certainly he and Deller always team up for this sort of thing, but not this time it seems.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Dive and Wine pissing themselves, there haha. Dancing Jerry brought much sunshine. Wright averaged over 100 by the end.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Rainbowmonkey wrote:
Carlos J wrote:
Rainbowmonkey wrote:
Carlos J wrote:
Rainbowmonkey wrote:

Bristow was dropped from an exhibition recently in light of his tweets. I wonder if he's been dropped from the ferry too. Not sure what the relative dates are here but certainly he and Deller always team up for this sort of thing, but not this time it seems.
Ah. Forget the Bristow factor, that would explain a lot. Stupid cunt. That would also explain why not here in June: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/norwich- ... 8989725048

The Adonis and Big Bob Anderson, but nay paying £20.