The Official UK Snooker Championship

Anything sportlike
AlcoholBrazil

The Official UK Snooker Championship

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

In the heart of the Yorkshire . Everyone knows I will be there and the second-best tournament is underway.
Seems to start earlier each year. Ronnie is even turning up to this one. Anyone but Alan McAnus for me.
McManus due to meet Ding as early as the last 32 .Nice to see players outside the Top 16 and rising stars of the future.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Re: The Official UK Snooker Championship

Post by Steve Hunt »

When O'sullivan goes out (as he surely will), that's it for me.

The only entertainer left on the circuit.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

How do I know this is the OFFICIAL thread?
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Reg

Post by Reg »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:How do I know this is the OFFICIAL thread?
It's not - it's a scam, bro.

NEVER give any bank details, passwords or pin numbers unless you see the genuine official RegCorp logo, as endorsed by the FSA.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

No longer the Bridesmaid

Steve Hunt wrote:When O'sullivan goes out (as he surely will), that's it for me.

The only entertainer left on the circuit.
The game died with Joe Davis

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Because it was the first that was created and no-one else can be bothered with snooker.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

No longer the Bridesmaid

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
Because it was the first that was created and no-one else can be bothered with snooker.
That's not enough to satisfy me. Mods/admin......could this thread be put in quarantine pending a comprehensive root and branch investigation?

genehunt1973

Post by genehunt1973 »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:In the heart of the Yorkshire . Everyone knows I will be there and the second-best tournament is underway.
Seems to start earlier each year. Ronnie is even turning up to this one. Anyone but Alan McAnus for me.
McManus due to meet Ding as early as the last 32 .Nice to see players outside the Top 16 and rising stars of the future.
Anyone but John Higgins for me,Awful man should not be playing should have been banned for life
I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

="genehunt1973" John Higgins for me,Awful man should not be playing should have been banned for life
Yes. "Oh I felt uncomfortable in a room with Russian's so I agreed to throw a match because I was scared" ... oh do fuck off you cunt. We all know, just admit it, we'd understand; greed is a seductive mistress. Some great stuff in this weeks Private Eye regarding Snooker Buy Teh Weh.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Bingham, Hawkins are out. Maude will be mourning Alan McManus' early exit ,but Leeds boy Peter Lines (conqueror of Aussie Neil Robertson)
goes through.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

It's a shame they banned Quintin hann. He was an interesting character . Stephen lee is teaching snooker out in china now. I remember Ronnie winning this when he was 17. His dad had only just been sent to jail
MJInnocent

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Father and Son story continues as Oliver and Peter Lines are in the last 16. Peter beat Judd (no relation to The Donald) .
They could meet each other in the semis, but unlikely with the likes of Ronnie and Ding in their half. The only other family ties were the Old Davis brothers Fred and Joe, and Uncle and nephew ,Silvino and Peter Francisco.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I've noticed there are a lot more Asian players. Good news that snooker is becoming more global. Lots of snooker clubs such as Riley's have closed since the smoking ban
MJInnocent

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I see it's on BBC2. Haven't watched snooker in ages. I can't believe the players are still made to wear a fucking waist coast and bow tie. I suppose it's to add an air of respectability to a 'sport' that is fucking fixed.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Quarter-Finals
Mark Williams (Wal) v Ronnie O'Sullivan (Eng)
Jamie Jones (Wal) v Marco Fu (HK)
Luca Brecel (Bel) v Shaun Murphy (Eng)
John Higgins (Sco) v Mark Selby (Eng)

Best ever tournament for Brecel and for any European outside UK and Irish Republic.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Sooner watch fucking paint dry.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Carc will be glad to know Higgins went out in the decider to Selby ,as did surprise package Jamie Jones.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

There was a great call I heard on the radio this week. That cunt bloke, the old manager of Davis? Whatshisname? Barry Hearn, that's it. I think they were talking about snooker not being as popular as it once was or something, the caller said: "In F1 you may not like the product, but it's full of beautiful people. Models hanging around, pop stars etc. etc. And people like to see attractive people. Then you have snooker ....". I did fucking laugh.

That said, I'd still shove my end up Hazel Irvine's chuffbox.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Have you honestly seen John Parrot and Steve Davis looking like fat middle-aged cunts sitting in chairs talking about 'cushion' bounce on a snooker table. For fucking hell's sake. Hazel Irvine sits there transfixed by this utter drivel as if it's the latest musingi uttered from Noam Chomsky discussing the demise of the Liberal Left. I am not a violent man but I have a terrible urge to setup a foxhole and shoot to death everyone involved in snooker.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Is Selby on glue? Looks fucked

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Put Selby up front, Claudio.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I saw the Ronnie v Fu match last night and there were so many obvious misses I seriously questioned if the match was fixed.

The amount of live bets possibly placed on a Fu comeback under play like that made me wonder.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Well it's rigged to fuck OBVS

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Selby used to play at willie thornes snooker club in Leicester, mr maximum
MJInnocent

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Ronnie is so fucking cool. Love the mad cunt.