Blacks v Whites

Anything sportlike
AlcoholBrazil

Re: Blacks v Whites

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

I'd say Didier Drogba's earned his place in the legends team after Munich 2012.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Rossco wrote:All time greats. Team Black - Pele and Eusebio........that is it.

All time greats - Team white...Messi, Best...2-2 already, now stick in that German defender what's his surname....begins with B. Makes it 3-2 and that is only after 5 minutes. The ref blew the whistle early as not to induce race riots for the hammering that would have came.

Daft thread.
It's about a match that happened in 1979 Rossco, documentry on it next week.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

NZ's rugby team are The All Blacks, and the fitba lads are The All Whites.

How long til it changes? Well since NZ is 30 years behind even parts of Scotland, maybe not for a long time.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Fug1 wrote:
Rossco wrote:All time greats. Team Black - Pele and Eusebio........that is it.

All time greats - Team white...Messi, Best...2-2 already, now stick in that German defender what's his surname....begins with B. Makes it 3-2 and that is only after 5 minutes. The ref blew the whistle early as not to induce race riots for the hammering that would have came.

Daft thread.
It's about a match that happened in 1979 Rossco, documentry on it next week.
More race baiting Ballix IMHO.

But enjoy it anyhow if your thinking g dude.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

On the undercard, a Latino XI v Oriental XI.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Lovely programme. Chiles may be a twat but he's presenting the show pretty well and a right walk down memory lane.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Better than expected.

Well worth a watch.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

kancutlawns wrote:Lovely programme. Chiles may be a twat but he's presenting the show pretty well and a right walk down memory lane.

Really enjoyed it, i know West Brom is rough and tough, but I also know we are decent people.

I've always been proud to be Black Country, but have to say I'm proud as punch.

I love West Bromwich, it's a shithole, but it's my shithole.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

So good seeing Cyrille and Bomber together after nearly 40 years, fug.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

If only we could turn the clock back Lawns.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

kancutlawns wrote:Lovely programme. Chiles may be a twat but he's presenting the show pretty well and a right walk down memory lane.
Agreed.

Very moving in places.

I don't think we can ever grasp what it must have really been like to be called names like George Berry was after that Cup tie.

Reckon it still rankles with him and Bob Hazell.

Surprised those 2 weren't there at the end for the photo but maybe that last bit was structured as a WBA event for the programme etc?

I've always like Chiles and reckon he is one of the most down to earth and least pretentious presenters around. His book on supporting the Baggies is a good read and an insight into fan culture.

Chiles is on 5Live tomorrow morning with a couple of the players - Cyril and Brendan, I think.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Liked it too when Dion Dublin and Ian Wright gave their experiences towards the end of the programme with the latter saying he was fighting in car parks at the age of 19, 21, 21 and likened himself to Malcolm X whilst Cyrille Regis was Martin Luther King. Still found it shocking when that former thug at Birmingham City who was courted by the NF said that the racial abuse dished in the grounds was carefully orchestrated by about 40 racists and was made to look as if hundreds and even thousands of fans were chanting. You could see the disgust that Chiles had for him that he was racially abusing his heroes like Laurie and Cyrille.

Also the handing out of bananas whenever black player like Crooks, Hazel, Regis and Cunningham turned out. Was surprised that only seven thousand people turned up, reckon it was just after the end of the 78-79 season. Loved seeing Tony Brown, Brendan Batson and Cyrille together after such a long time and they wound the clock back to perhaps the greatest era for the club as fug said. Jason Roberts was candid when he said that racial abuse is if anything more direct with the digital, social media age then when his uncle played with people tweeting things like "f***ing nigger" and it's more shocking because although we know the abuse dished out on Twitter we think that racism in football has gone away when it's just been transferred to people's bedrooms.

It was quite touching when Chiles located the "fourth degree" who also played for West Brom and turned out that night and didn't make it in the long run was found clearing rubbish bins for the council. Really touching and you felt for him and he seemed really down to earth. A very touching programme in places, ten and I liked the community aspect where the Diol family whose dad ran a newsagent just down from the ground talked about what it was like growing up from the Hawthorns. As fug said, it's a great community club. Felt a great community club just as Warwickshire Cricket Club was at the same sort of time and used to watch them play too.

A very well made show and in total agreement with you that Adrian Chiles pulled it off very well. He brought a real connection to the programme partly because he's a West Brom fan but also because he brought intimacy and relived the experience from the time and how it's evolved.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

kancutlawns wrote:Liked it too when Dion Dublin and Ian Wright gave their experiences towards the end of the programme with the latter saying he was fighting in car parks at the age of 19, 21, 21 and likened himself to Malcolm X whilst Cyrille Regis was Martin Luther King. Still found it shocking when that former thug at Birmingham City who was courted by the NF said that the racial abuse dished in the grounds was carefully orchestrated by about 40 racists and was made to look as if hundreds and even thousands of fans were chanting. You could see the disgust that Chiles had for him that he was racially abusing his heroes like Laurie and Cyrille.

Also the handing out of bananas whenever black player like Crooks, Hazel, Regis and Cunningham turned out. Was surprised that only seven thousand people turned up, reckon it was just after the end of the 78-79 season. Loved seeing Tony Brown, Brendan Batson and Cyrille together after such a long time and they wound the clock back to perhaps the greatest era for the club as fug said. Jason Roberts was candid when he said that racial abuse is if anything more direct with the digital, social media age then when his uncle played with people tweeting things like "f***ing nigger" and it's more shocking because although we know the abuse dished out on Twitter we think that racism in football has gone away when it's just been transferred to people's bedrooms.

It was quite touching when Chiles located the "fourth degree" who also played for West Brom and turned out that night and didn't make it in the long run was found clearing rubbish bins for the council. Really touching and you felt for him and he seemed really down to earth. A very touching programme in places, ten and I liked the community aspect where the Diol family whose dad ran a newsagent just down from the ground talked about what it was like growing up from the Hawthorns. As fug said, it's a great community club. Felt a great community club just as Warwickshire Cricket Club was at the same sort of time and used to watch them play too.

A very well made show and in total agreement with you that Adrian Chiles pulled it off very well. He brought a real connection to the programme partly because he's a West Brom fan but also because he brought intimacy and relived the experience from the time and how it's evolved.
+ many 1's, KCL