How do managers, err, manage?

Anything sportlike
carcinogen

How do managers, err, manage?

Post by carcinogen »

I'm prompted to ask this following on from another thread regarding Pep. How do modern day managers actually manage? Does Pep actually take training with the players? ie: In a tracksuit booted-up running around shouting etc. Or does he just sit in his office playing Football Manager 2016? Which managers do what? I can imagine the fella at Bournemouth, name escapes me, being 'one of the lads' and messing about in training, but I can't see Koeman or Pardew doing anything than standing around watching the players with an Ipad and a stopwatch.

Any thoughts?
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Fug1

Re: How do managers, err, manage?

Post by Fug1 »

I know the boring prick at our place is very hands on, apparently it's endless drills defending and set pieces.

Sorry, Tony Pulis is the tedious bore I'm on about.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Different managers have different methods in training. I think you are right, some will stand around and take it in and leave it to assistant and coaches, whilst others like Ernie Howe at Bournemouth, would probably take a more active role.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

They wait for the envelopes then pick players accordingly
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Reg

Post by Reg »

Zambo wrote:Different managers have different methods in training. I think you are right, some will stand around and take it in and leave it to assistant and coaches, whilst others like Ernie Howe at Bournemouth, would probably take a more active role.
Ernie? Is he one of H's local mates?
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Fuck knows what made me put Ernie. I think he was a player that came to Pompey, probably why.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite