Re: Grand Slam of DARTS Game

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

PDC Darts @OfficialPDC 2h
The girls are ready... are you? FINAL TIME! #SinghaGSOD

You ARE Rodney Bewes

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

theleader82 wrote:The semis should also be in the evening session. The game could well be over in 40 minutes and it can feel like a let down. They should have a celeb darts pro am as a warm up like they do in golf

Agree . Start the semis at 6 ,schedule the final for 9. Afternoon sessions should be avoided where possible and in a tournament that has gone on a week, it's unforgivable.
'I say if the flats aren't good enough for you, why don't you f... off back to Somalia' .........Jon Gaunt

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

I don't want to watch three best of 31 legs matches in one evening. Plus one finalist gets a 90-minute break while the other gets 20. You shouldn't do that in long course darts plus Sky are unlkely to want a 6-hour session with a hole in the middle, plus you get double the ticket sales by splitting it into 2 sessions and demand is massive. Not gonna happen.

If you want to get rid of the Sunday afternoon session, you don't squeeze it into the evening session. You should re-structure the whole tournament. Soddin Round Robinn needs 6 sessions and in that time you've only halved the field. After that number of sessions at the Matchplay you'd be down to the last 8 and at the Grand Prix you'd be down to the last 4.

Regardless, there's no way they should have the semis and the final on the same day for a supposedly big event, especially now that it's a ranking event. They don't do it for the Worlds or Matchplay (imagine ffs). You should have time to look forward to an upcoming big final properly. A unique challenge to the players involved yes but they deserve the best chance of putting on a quality show and that would benefit everyone. The semi-finals were both belters, gruelling encounters.

I'd love a go at re-building this event. I'd wait for the cheque to clear and then scrap it completely.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Who won
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Wolfie