Good scouting or just luck

Anything sportlike
delboy1983

Good scouting or just luck

Post by delboy1983 »

Chelsea have joined the growing list of clubs keen on prising Celtic 's £40million-rated striker Moussa Dembele away from Parkhead

How the fuck did Celtic manage to sign this lad for 500k from Fulham at the beginning of the season.
This comes on the back of

Virgil Van Dijk bought for 2.6M sold for 13M
Victor Wanyama bought for 900k sold for 12.5M

They also have Keiran Tierney aged 19 ,left back cost nothing but will go for 20M+

Amazing scouting in a piss poor league it has to be said
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

mark
Forum Admin

Re: Good scouting or just luck

Post by mark »

Local knowledge I guess?

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

He won't go for anything close to £40m.

Nothing but 'paper talk'
A joyless arsehole

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

shabbado wrote:He won't go for anything close to £40m.

Nothing but 'paper talk'
Abidding war will grow the fee but 10m is a return on 500k
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

antdad

Post by antdad »

At that age it seems to be mainly luck if they develop on, who in the current top 6 has genuinely bought on players from their youth system that aren't a product of Barcelona or Southampton's creche?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Celtic just offered 500k for Pogba. Man U should snap their arm off
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Celtic just offered 500k for Pogba. Man U should snap their arm off
Window not open until beginning January :)
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

No longer the Bridesmaid

delboy1983 wrote:
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Celtic just offered 500k for Pogba. Man U should snap their arm off
Dark window Derek. Look it up.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:

Got you but when is the Football Transfer open Henry,pray tell :)
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

No longer the Bridesmaid

delboy1983 wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:

For the likes of Joe Kinnear, 24-7

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

antdad wrote:At that age it seems to be mainly luck if they develop on, who in the current top 6 has genuinely bought on players from their youth system that aren't a product of Barcelona or Southampton's creche?

Everton for one. Ross Barkley the main example at the moment.

Spurs have Kane among others.

Is that Iwohimba or whatever he is called at City called not one of their own?
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Well exactly Pet, about one a club...hardly a windfall is it given the resources pumped into academies. Chelsea of course are the worst for just shear number of loanees so we will occasionally get dick slapped by the odd player who is rejected and makes it elsewhere like De Bryne and possibly brother of Eden. I'm undecided about Lukaku, if he genuinely becomes a 20 EPL goals a season then good for Everton but I'm not convinced yet even Barkley's record isn't convincing for an AM or play maker.

sammy

Post by sammy »

antdad wrote:Well exactly Pet, about one a club...hardly a windfall is it given the resources pumped into academies. Chelsea of course are the worst for just shear number of loanees so we will occasionally get dick slapped by the odd player who is rejected and makes it elsewhere like De Bryne and possibly brother of Eden. I'm undecided about Lukaku, if he genuinely becomes a 20 EPL goals a season then good for Everton but I'm not convinced yet even Barkley's record isn't convincing for an AM or play maker.
Chelsea had four academy player on the bench v Leicester, five if you want to include Terry, three got some game time. Small beginnings I know, but at least Conte seems happy to give the youngsters an opportunity, providing they're good enough of course.
carefree

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

delboy1983 wrote:
Chelsea have joined the growing list of clubs keen on prising Celtic 's £40million-rated striker Moussa Dembele away from Parkhead

How the fuck did Celtic manage to sign this lad for 500k from Fulham at the beginning of the season.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

As if anyone, apart from United maybe, would pay £40 million for him.
THE EUROPEAN "FULL SET CLUB" - IT'S EXCLUSIVE

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Jonathan wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As if anyone, apart from United maybe, would pay £40 million for him.
Devilment Jonno just devilment :)
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

:lol:

Arsenal have offered £500k + £1
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Sinbad wrote:

Arsenal have offered £500k + £1
THE EUROPEAN "FULL SET CLUB" - IT'S EXCLUSIVE

antdad

Post by antdad »

sammy wrote:
antdad wrote:Well exactly Pet, about one a club...hardly a windfall is it given the resources pumped into academies. Chelsea of course are the worst for just shear number of loanees so we will occasionally get dick slapped by the odd player who is rejected and makes it elsewhere like De Bruyne and possibly brother of Eden. I'm undecided about Lukaku, if he genuinely becomes a 20 EPL goals a season then good for Everton but I'm not convinced yet even Barkley's record isn't convincing for an AM or play maker.
Chelsea had four academy player on the bench v Leicester, five if you want to include Terry, three got some game time. Small beginnings I know, but at least Conte seems happy to give the youngsters an opportunity, providing they're good enough of course.
Seen it before though haven't we Sam, the odd cameo from the odd young player to appease the hierarchy but it isn't their job on the line when you risk playing them. With no Europe and now no league cup to give players experience what is the point of them bench warming? Personally it doesn't matter to me if players come through or not, we've had the best youngsters for a generation but it simply doesn't translate to the first team and that isn't just us. Sure the odd one makes it but it's a rarity, if they're good enough for someone else so be it but I won't be holding my breath for Chelsea's golden generation.

sammy

Post by sammy »

antdad wrote:
sammy wrote:
antdad wrote:Well exactly Pet, about one a club...hardly a windfall is it given the resources pumped into academies. Chelsea of course are the worst for just shear number of loanees so we will occasionally get dick slapped by the odd player who is rejected and makes it elsewhere like De Bruyne and possibly brother of Eden. I'm undecided about Lukaku, if he genuinely becomes a 20 EPL goals a season then good for Everton but I'm not convinced yet even Barkley's record isn't convincing for an AM or play maker.
Seen it before though haven't we Sam, the odd cameo from the odd young player to appease the hierarchy but it isn't their job on the line when you risk playing them. With no Europe and now no league cup to give players experience what is the point of them bench warming? Personally it doesn't matter to me if players come through or not, we've had the best youngsters for a generation but it simply doesn't translate to the first team and that isn't just us. Sure the odd one makes it but it's a rarity, if they're good enough for someone else so be it but I won't be holding my breath for Chelsea's golden generation.
All fair points, Ant. I watch quite a bit of youth football when time allows and have seen close up how talented some of the youngsters are. Have to wait until the summer window to see which direction the club is heading under Conte, hope he leaves some room for the younger talent to break through rather than fill it with off the shelf signings.
carefree

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

delboy1983 wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:

I've no idea what that means Del Image

But Chelsea have signed a players from our U14 and U15 teams

http://mobile.cambridge-united.co.uk//n ... 04777.aspx

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Possibly the last you will hear of them,sad to say Henry :)
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

One would hope not, but the big clubs must have 100s of kids that fall through the net every year